Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

even if you dont enjoy politics

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Congrats on your first post in here Richeh - may it be the first of many :)

I never used to be this paranoid, but try and find something out about this act - it's almost as though it doesn't exist. They definitely do not want people to realise what they have done.
    there was a bit on news 24 just before i went out this evening so around ...5pm.
    saying ...tony blair insists the current changes in law and those being pushed forward for ...after ...the general election are in no way meant to create a ploice state ...thats enough to make any sane person head for the hills.
  • Options
    Congrats on your first post in here Richeh - may it be the first of many :)

I never used to be this paranoid, but try and find something out about this act - it's almost as though it doesn't exist. They definitely do not want people to realise what they have done.

Thank you :) .

yeah i have noticed that. You cant find a thing about it.... As mad as it might sound the conspracy theory is looking more and more likely :nervous:

The whole thing stinks.... Democracy.. what Democracy :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    The whole thing stinks.... Democracy.. what Democracy :rolleyes:

things get worse, you'll find out alot more about society and life in general now, it'll actually scare you how fucked up and greedy we are, i know this board gets alot of stick form say the anything goes board, which itself is usually a load of balls, this place is alright though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    things get worse, you'll find out alot more about society and life in general now, it'll actually scare you how fucked up and greedy we are, i know this board gets alot of stick form say the anything goes board, which itself is usually a load of balls, this place is alright though.

Having read little bits and pieces here adn there and having popped in and out of the P & D forum and reading things, i have had my eyes opened on things...

I know i have, and will continue to, but peopl eneed their eyes opened to the bigger picture, and reality
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    Having read little bits and pieces here adn there and having popped in and out of the P & D forum and reading things, i have had my eyes opened on things...

I know i have, and will continue to, but peopl eneed their eyes opened to the bigger picture, and reality
    150_forpresident.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    150_forpresident.jpg

You do a good job of cheering me up good sir :D
  • Options
  • Options
    I've finally found a very old link referring to the Act

I've read through that and i find this one quote sticking in my head :
    They have too much control over our lives and it terrifies me because the powers will be abused and not catch a single terrorist.

Mainly the "too much control over our lives bit"

:mad:
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    For all of you who think people are actually interested in their future, this is the response I got from a supposedly intelligent and aware university student.

Barry sounds like a right smug twat.
  • Options
    For all of you who think people are actually interested in their future, this is the response I got from a supposedly intelligent and aware university student.

Thats really quite scary. Also worrying is that anyone I have spoken with about it seem totally unconcerned bar one. And many of those I spoke to are History students, who should have learnt from the past what implementing this type of thing could leads to.
  • Options
    yeah lets all get drunk and absorb television :rolleyes:

YEEEEESSSS MAAAAASSSTTTEEERRR :eek:
  • Options
    if the bnp were to get in ...or another maggie hatchet ...you can gaurantee they would use these powers to the full.
  • Options

Two girls in my seminar just asked the lecturer what a picket line was and I am doing a History degree at Bristol Uni. I almost bit my lip off trying not to laugh.

Students eh!
  • Options
    And to think people laughed at me when I was saying six years ago how Blair will bring in police control the second his majority is threatened...

I'm buying some big guns and moving to a small shack on the top of the Cairngorms...
  • Options
    Consultation

We're all very concerned about this, and rightly so as the potential powers are very wide. Apparently there will be consulation soon on the structure of the regulatory framework ... let's keep our eyes peeled and all make sure we make our views about how these powers should be used and controlled known