Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Charles and education

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Quick legal question, if the note was taken without permission, why can this be used in a court of law?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Quick legal question, if the note was taken without permission, why can this be used in a court of law?
    Interesting point. It's not a criminal case though. I guess employment tribunals are different.
  • Options
    bump because I really want to know and I still have the hump that my legal question on Iraq went unanswered.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    bump because I really want to know and I still have the hump that my legal question on Iraq went unanswered.
    I thought I did.
    Tribunals have their own rules, quite different from those in the courts. For example, hearsay evidence can be admitted
    From here.
  • Options
    Was appreciated Kentish but even the link doesn't mention anything about the evidence being stolen property.
  • Options
    Was it stolen?

Presumably her entire personnel file would be available to the tribunal so it may have been in there.
  • Options
    From what I understand, the note was for someone else and she took it from their in-tray as a 'memento'. In which case it is someone elses property and she took it without permission.

I'll try and find a definite link tomorrow, I'm too tired now and just realised the time.