Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Arsene - Bad Loser or Motivator?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    it is the best league in the world that they have dominated, it has the best players in from the best teams in the world.

They dominated the Spanish league too? :eek:

;):p
    I don't think the hype is OTT because it is an excellent achievement and if Man U went on the run starting now and beat the record I bet you would all be rubbing Arsenals noses in it which proves that it is a record you would like.

We already rub their noses in it because they haven't beaten us in the lague for three years...

Of course I would like to think that United would repeat their previous feats of going unbeaten, but only if we won something too. Worth noting that in spite of their record they still didn't get as many points as we did in 1999/2000.

When we also won the World Club Championship...
    But when you watch them on the tv and I know in my time there has never being a better team that plays better football

I'm not sre about never, because some of the Liverpool teams played great football, as did United in the early 90s. That said, I do choose to watch Arsenal's games on TV because they do play entertaining football.

Unitil they come up against a good team like us. Will be interesting to see how well they play against Chelsea this year too...
    You also know I'm no closet gunner, I just enjoy football

I'd never accuse you of being a closet Gooner. I know your ABU stance is because you're a Leeds scummer.

Which really brings the second part of your comment into question, wouldn't you say? :p
  • Options
    Arsenal aren't as good as the United side that "won" the Champions League.

But to say that makes them a "bad" team is simplistic.

The fact that they haven't beaten United for far too long speaks volumes- though when the title rests on it they always pull up the goods;)

It isn't the success that riles people, or it isn't amongst most people. Liverpool were not despised- everyone loved beating them, teaching them a lesson- but there was not anywhere near the level of hatred?

For me, at least, the hatred is because United, as a club, treat the rest of the English league like Glazer or Murdoch would treat Manchester United.

Oh, that and the hypocritical hooliganism- it'll be a long time before I forget the sight of sharpened coins from you lot raining down on five year old girls, along with the obligatory songs about the fire.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Arsenal aren't as good as the United side that "won" the Champions League.

But to say that makes them a "bad" team is simplistic.

Wouldn't say they were a bad team either. I just think that the media hypes them too much - as their performances in Europe show. Bad game again last night.

It's one thing to play well against the "smaller" Premier clubs but when they play a top team they seem to struggle. Badly.

It will be interesting to see how they get on against Chelsea this year...
    It isn't the success that riles people, or it isn't amongst most people. Liverpool were not despised- everyone loved beating them, teaching them a lesson- but there was not anywhere near the level of hatred?

You're right. I think in part it's a reaction against the hype which surrounds United and has done for years. But I agree that United fans and the clubs approach hasn't helped.