Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tell me something GREAT that has happened to you recently

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i got a statement through the post about an old bank account i forgot about with £100 in it :D

means i can go out next weekend now to best mate's halloween party and then clubbing at sundissential at the works :D
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tell me something GREAT that has happened to you recently
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    *smacks you but then hugs you cos you be lovely really*

That I mostly definitely am.

Oh, and I'm very generous- I much prefer to give that receive :flirt:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Most Dj's in my opinion who make anything of themselves have been doing it ever since they can remember. Take my brother for example he's only ever had one (unpaid) gig. It's such a hard thing to get into. For a hobby yeah fab go for it. Hey it may even be a way of taking your mind of the depression
    Very true, DJing isn't easy, I've supported 21 internationals in the last 2 years and play out pretty much every weekend and although I do get paid for all gigs, the moneys crap - as well as have my own national radio show each saturday night (8-10pm). I also run/promote 4 different nights, tour internationals every 2-3 months and don't make a great deal from that either... I've been playing in clubs since I was 14, a good 7 years now and I'm now starting to get bookings internationally - wohoo!, and its still not even full-time for me!

One thing I will say tho to anyone out there who wants to follow this path is stick with it, no-one becomes an overnight success, get into production and make your own tracks or become a promoter - cause lets face it, everyone's a DJ these days.. even if 90% of them don't play out professionally!

I saw my careers advisers when I was 15 and told them what I wanted to do when I was older, they laughed at me and told me it was a phase and to choose a real career.. my parents kinda said the same thing, but in the last 7 years its been the only thing I'm really interested in doing and I'm busy proving I can do it and I will, mark my words... in the next 6-12 months I will be full time in the industry!
  • Options
    And even then Justin you spent all that time training to a Microsoft person...

It's an awful thing to say, but never give up the day job.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    And even then Justin you spent all that time training to a Microsoft person... It's an awful thing to say, but never give up the day job.
    Exactly, I'm also an IT support geek, I find it increasingly boring but the money is real good and it gives me the freedom to promote me events whilst I'm working on computers - so works quite well.

I'll never be a full-time DJ, my ticket into working the industry full time is by becoming A&R manager for a digital record label - which I'm currently doing unpaid until the company gets funding from a VC. Producing also makes good money, so I'm pushing that avenue as well... and lets face it, once you produce commercial tracks your internationally sought-after as an artist so it furthers your DJ career no end! :)
  • Options
    I've become inspired again, to start writing better poetry than I have before! And it's all up on a website too which is nice because I'm getting feedback :D

College is filling my life with lots of drama and performances :D

I'm seeing an amazing and beautiful bloke whose trustworthy, sweet, hilarious and a bit of a loon, and he's helping pull me through a few things...and none of my friends know and it's all lovey dovey and secret and so we haven't got any pressures of others judgement and stuff, which is nice because my friends always get so involved in my relationships, they take it on themselves to tell me how to live them...so :D

Was told I was beautiful for the first time ever :D

Swallowed a coat hanger, hence :D:D:D

Ah...! Malt Munk xxxx
  • Options
    Well, it's my 21st tomorrow, and my boyfriend is taking me to the oh-so-chic Metropolitan Cocktail Bar for dinner, and a shimmy afterward along Sauchiehall street.

AHH! I can't wait. Before that, I'm going on a fabbydoo shopping spree to get glam for that night.

WAHAHHHH! I'm dead excited. I also have the weekend off WORK! JOY!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    lol im trying to get rid of about 3 stone. I dont think it'll work

I'd like a stone if that's ok.
  • Options
    I got a day off :D
  • Options
    LMAO.. christ this is just getting silly now... I've had even more news.. hell this is turning out to be my best week this year!!

I'm now booked for:

Summerdayz 2005 - January 7th

"Even bigger & better than before, the $41 million North Harbour Stadium will be hosting over 60 artists (domestic & international ) in six arenas, with an additional outdoor stage showcasing the entire spectrum of music to move your feet"

http://www.futureentertainment.com.au/flashed/events_page_summadayze2005_nz.htm

DJs include: Armin Van Buuren, Lisa Lashes, De La Soul, Junior Jack & Kid Crème, Miguel Migs, Tim Deluxe, Cut La Roc and Deadly Avenger, Meat Katie & Lee Coombs

I'm so excited!!! I missed out playing last year and always wanted to, I don't mean to brag or anything, but I'm so happy!!!

*dances around the room*
  • Options
    Well done mate! it really is your week isn't it! :D

make sure you post up when you start getting gigs back over ehre, at this rate, won't be too long til i'm sancing to you at one of the tidy weekenders! :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been saying that to Ben (of Wid&Ben) that I intend on playing at a Weekender in the near future.. fingers crossed!
  • Options
    make it not the one in april, the one after, probably not making that one cos of having to revise for uni exams! :P

good luck with it all! good to see people make it, you seem like a really sound bloke from what i can see mostly lurking around here rather than posting. :)