Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tell me something GREAT that has happened to you recently

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    News of the day for me:

Simon Parkes (ex-co-writer/engineer for Tony De Vit for all his tracks - except 'The Dawn') wants to co-produce a track with me, we've started putting together some ideas :crazyeyes :D :cool:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Tony+De+Vit+%26+Simon+Parkes

Happy with that one!!! :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm moving college courses/quitting college if they don't let me.. and im going away this weekend :hyper:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Tell me something GREAT that has happened to you recently
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    *Kermit*

That's my name, don't wear it out.

But you genuinely do have my sympathy:p
  • Options
    Monday night i went to an all you can eat chinese with some of my chums. As much Oriental goodness as you want for £8.90, that's made my week.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    do tell more ...i'm into poetry.

well, if ya wanna take a look, the link's in me sig, or just click on my homepage deely thing.

if you understood any of that, you deserve a prize :D
  • Options
    Thinking on it it's been a while since anything has happened where i sat and thought great. Well unless you count me waking up yesterday morning and thinking thank fuck sunday's hangover has gone :D
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Tell me something GREAT that has happened to you recently
    Originally posted by Kermit
    But you genuinely do have my sympathy:p

*smacks you but then hugs you cos you be lovely really*
  • Options
    Fiend was pretty great at the boathouse.
  • Options
    Just got off the phone to a mate of mine at the radio station, aparently I'm booked to play at Gas Nightclub in Sydney, Australia on the 29th January 2005!!!

http://www.gasnightclub.com.au

Thats 2 international gigs in 2 months and my 3rd plane flight in 6 weeks following NYE in the south island!

This week is turning out to be a great week! :D :cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Fiend was pretty great at the boathouse.

If you were a gentleman you'd never mention that in public again
  • Options
    Sorry Fiend, I'm just still in a state of exhaltation.
  • Options
    Wooo. going away in 3days./ well 2days really.. :D
  • Options
    Sorry Fiend, I'm just still in a state of exhaltation.

Well, that's to be expected, but a little discretion would be nice.
  • Options
    Best thing that's just happened to me is that I've got the will to live again. I want to go to university, I've finally worked out something I'd like to do for a career, I finally have something to aim for. Don't know why I'm writing this here, but I just feel like telling someone about it. Beats writing the self-pitying drivel that seems to pass as posts for me at the moment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Well, that's to be expected, but a little discretion would be nice.

Sorry, I wont mention it again. I wont be so ungalant.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Well I never thought i'd see the day. Big change innit over night. Anyways i'll be nice about it. What career you looking into.

I don't know, the change seems to have come about slowly over the last few weeks. It's only now I'm able to make sense of all these thoughts. As for careers, I thought that maybe I could work in the health sector. Depression is not something I want others to go through, so if I could help others in some way, I would do. I'll take that into account as I consider a course for university, I suppose. I'm being realistic now - in the past, I fancied becoming a DJ for some reason! No mistake, I'd love to learn how to mix, but I doubt I want a career out of that!
  • Options
    Great thing happened yesterday.

4 months ago bought a new kitchen from B&Q but am just getting it installed at the mo. Went into B&Q yesterday and noticed that the door fronts that I bought are now at half price.

So loaded the car up with all the door fronts that I hadn't fitted yet (Only fitted two doors) and took them back to B&Q and told them that the wife had changed her mind and wanted a different door front. So got myself a refund.

And then went round and bought all the doors back at half price. :)

Ninjamaster up by over £500 :D:D:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Ninjamaster up by over £500 :D:D:D
    Nice! :thumb:
  • Options
    Sorry, I wont mention it again. I wont be so ungalant.

I hope not, or there will be no more boatshed moments.
  • Options
    I hope not, or there will be no more boatshed moments.

I'll be good.
  • Options
    I'll be good.

not all the time though :naughty:
  • Options
    If you "fancy" becoming a dj its unlikely you'd make it. It's a hobby and interest of the person in question. It's not something they just fancied becoming. You've the same sorta idea as me with regards to depression and working in health/care sector. That's why i wanna work with children/teenagers and be a social worker. I just wanna help. Oh I'm so nice:)

I'd much rather DJing be a hobby. (Justin Sane can sleep easy) Anyway, social worker sounds interesting. I'm also thinking of doing something like becoming a counsellor or psychiatrist. And you are very nice, I agree!
  • Options
    No, no, there's been a misunderstanding. I don't want a career out of DJing. Good god, no. As a hobby, I'd be delighted to do that though. Even if it's just making mixes and putting them online for the world to scrutinise. I know of a guy who does precisely that. As for me, I'm not in college. I left in June 2003, and have been in denial about depression until earlier this year.
  • Options
    not all the time though :naughty:

Well, no, I'll be naughty when its best to be.
  • Options
    Well, no, I'll be naughty when its best to be.

Excellent.
  • Options
    To be anything like a counciller, therapist etc in the health sector nowadays you'll firstly need about 3 alevels and a degree. You need to go back to college. Settle yourself down. Get your grades. Then toddle to uni. And it's not as hard as it may seem. Believe me ive done it.

Back to college? Oh, f**ing great! I couldn't stand being there in the first place, now I've got to go back to the wretched place. I've got 2 A Levels, and 2 AS Levels, adds up to 260 points according to the UCAS tariff calculator. That's another idea out of the window.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Back to college? Oh, f**ing great! I couldn't stand being there in the first place, now I've got to go back to the wretched place. I've got 2 A Levels, and 2 AS Levels, adds up to 260 points according to the UCAS tariff calculator. Oh, so that's another idea out of the window.

or you could be really rude to someone who's bizarrely patient enough to try and help
  • Options
    or you could be really rude to someone who's bizarrely patient enough to try and help

What I am saying is I couldn't stand being in college. I hated the damn place. Now, I discover that in order to do anything, I might well have to go back there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    What I am saying is I couldn't stand being in college. I hated the damn place. Now, I discover that in order to do anything, I might well have to go back there.

that depends on what you want to do. But if you can't work that out yourself, no-one here can help you. Have some basic gratitude.
  • Options
    If you've got the grades how comes you quit college before? Wouldn't you not have completed your courses? If you've the points to get into uni then there you go. In was working on the basis that you hadnt gained anything as you dropped out.

I didn't quit college. I left as my two-year courses had finished. I was meant to drop one course in August 2002, but circumstances meant I had to drop two. I wasn't thinking about uni, infact, I wasn't thinking seriously at all about what I was doing at the time, I acted recklessly. I've got the points for uni, but got to find a course first. Right, I'm off to the UCAS website.

http://www.ucas.co.uk

EDIT: OK, having done something called The Stamford Test, I'm told my key subject areas should be Administration, English and Literary Studies, Psychology and Social Studies/Science.