Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

alcohol/21/supermarkets

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Skive
    When turiing away somone without ID do you still give little 'quips' about how you're doing their health a favour?

:lol: Nice one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    When turiing away somone without ID do you still give little 'quips' about how you're doing their health a favour?

Nope.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    So you're lying to people? Surely you have a printed and advertised policy? I can't see why you don't just refuse to serve anyone who looks under 18 who doesn't have ID, instead of saying it is over 21 on a Friday. Angry underage drinkers are as likely to get annoyed because they can't prove they're over 18 as they would be because they can't prove they're over 21.

We have a load of printed documentation and that describes our sales policy on restricted goods. Like all policy, it's far too objective. Consider the following. You're someone who's 17 but looks 19. If the sales guy IDs you because you don't look 18, that'll annoy you more. If he IDs you because you don't look 21 and he says so, in your mind you haven't gone in there expecting him to say 'you don't look 21', therefore you don't get so angry because it's not something you were a) expecting, b) prepared for. Generally speaking, i'd hate being turned away without ID but would be happier if I got turned away for not looking 21 without ID than not looking 18.

That's essentially what he told me, although it took him half an hour to explain the concept. I think it's a silly idea, we're either over 21's or we're over 18's, not some silly middle ground.
  • Options
    Yeah I ID'd someone and their driving license said 28, whoops...

And also 3 people, 2 guys and a girl came to the checkout and I asked the woman for ID because she was buying, and she said:
    'Well, I don't have any ID, but this is my 15-year-old son'. I did wonder why they looked so similar. She must have been in her early-mid 30's.
  • Options
    this reminds me

i was ID the other week

I had 4 bottles of beer in the middle of about £80 worth of food shopping,

I asked the guy if he was being serious - he was

i guess he saw my confusion and actually asked how old i was - so I told him. he then said sorry about 50 times.

I am 30
  • Options
    I went to a local convenience store a couple of weeks ago, and the girl wouldn't serve me because my photo uni card "could have been faked." So can fucking driving licenses be faked you complete retard. Plus this shop was right in the centre of a predominantly student area, so chances are I was (and am!) a legit student!