Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the term bi-sexual

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    The question arrises, why make statements about your sexuality at all?

Its only the business of me and the people I sleep with.

AMEN MAN - and its the business of those who fancy you...

..well my gay mates reckon if they like guy and he just nicely turns them down, theyll leave him alone, pehaps have a few laughs and a drink together like mates, then find themselves a real man as they put it, lesbians on the toher hand, dont see any girl as non-lesbian :no:
  • Options
    I'd say i have know idea what I am really I don't a certin sexual expertice Made me wonder
  • Options
    i agree with what everyone's said so far - no labels for me.

i guess i would be bi if i had to choose...i dont know...my profile on faceparty says open-minded
    i tend to find that when someone knows your bi they just assume your some kind of sex-crazed weirdo or a slag (which probably sums me up quite well but still, I dont like people making such assumptions about me!)
    so i just tend to keep it to myself. infact, i wouldnt even call myself bi to myself, i just dont see the point. ill sleep with or fancy who i like and i find labels just make me feel enclosed or limited...

i also agree with the 'its ok for girls but not for boys' statement, society seems to think girls can use it a sex-statement, whereas for guys its just sick which really sucks.is it just me or do you find less bi guys though? or maybe they just dont 'come out'?
  • Options
    Originally posted by scarlettvixen26

i also agree with the 'its ok for girls but not for boys' statement, society seems to think girls can use it a sex-statement, whereas for guys its just sick which really sucks.is it just me or do you find less bi guys though? or maybe they just dont 'come out'?

There's still a massive social stigma about being anything other than totally straight, and I think it's often worse for guys. In a male group of mates, there's still a need to be seen as macho.

From the bi girls I know, all their mates have absolutely no issue with it, but I can imagine that a bi guy might find it much more difficult to "still be one of the lads"

Folk usually just take me for me, which was a total relief. I still worry that folk think I'm a slag or something, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm fine about it.
  • Options
    I just think people use that terms to annoy... just forget that... you are who you want to be, not what people wants you to be.. don't you think? ;)
  • Options
    Yeah my mates are all ok with it but if I thought about how my bro's mates (for example), even though none of them are homophobes or whatever I still don't think they'd be able to see him in the same light...what is that macho-man thing all about? I guess it's something girls will never understand!

I also agree with the above post... At the end of the day, we are who we are so why can't we just be.