Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the term bi-sexual

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, i am what would be considered as bi-sexual. but i absoultly hate that term. people seem to just think it's sick and that thoses people who are bi, engage in orgies and do really perverse things.

somedays, the thought of a guys cock repluses me and i'm really attacted to girls, and vice versa. sometimes i like both, but i wouldn't want both at the same time.

maybe, really i'm to young to be making assumptions about my sexuality, but so many people seem to think thats you are either one or the other, or that bisexual people are sex obbessed freeks that will have all they can get.

Comments

• Options
    Your attracted to who your attracted to, its really not a big deal either way.

Labels are pointless and most people who subscribe to them, well it just seems a bit pathetic to me.

I am who I am, and others are what they are.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Your attracted to who your attracted to, its really not a big deal either way.

Labels are pointless and most people who subscribe to them, well it just seems a bit pathetic to me.

I am who I am, and others are what they are.

exactly! but society consitantly wants to pigeon hole you. i hate it!
  • Options
    Yeah it kinda annoys me too. I mean my friends and family know about me (Except me dad due to him being very old fashioned)

....BUT I always try to avoid telling guys that I'm interested in about me sexuality, when I first meet them. I just don't like to make a big deal out of it. Guess I fear that would be the only reason why he would be interested in me. Thinking he's in with a chance of having a threesome :-/

As for the rest, who has a problem with me... well; they're the ones with the problem, Not me :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    exactly! but society consitantly wants to pigeon hole you. i hate it!

So? If they want to label you let them, its not exactly going to change you is it.
  • Options
    grr i know. me and my bf are both (what society considers us) - bi sexual, and so many people we have come across assume that because we are both "bi" that our relationship is therefore an open one! what the hell is that about. geez. it really irritates both of us, my bf gets a lot of stick for being who he is, and it makes me so angry how people just stick you in a box and proceed to label you and cast stupid assumptions based on even more stupid stereotypes.

grr.
  • Options
    But then I make it a habit of never discussing my sex life with anyone I'm not sleeping with. So it doesnt come up.
  • Options
    Your attracted to who your attracted to, its really not a big deal either way.Labels are pointless and most people who subscribe to them, well it just seems a bit pathetic to me. I am who I am, and others are what they are.

- I totally agree with that statement. Sexuality is different for different people, thats what makes each of us unique, it's impossible to narrow it down into such rigid labels - even the label "Bisexual"

Labels don't do anything: They inhibit growth, they make everything seem not normal, they throw people out onto the fringes of society - they are useless, sterotyping, freedom reducing; things that cause a lot of people a lot of grief. People are individuals - that's enough of a label for anybody.
  • Options
    Re: the term bi-sexual
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    people seem to just think it's sick and that thoses people who are bi, engage in orgies and do really perverse things.

Nah I don't think that; I just think y'all are greedy mofos. :p Haha, I couldn't care less. Move with ze times.
  • Options
    I'm "bi" and I'm 100% fine with it now.

I couldn't ever really have a relationship with a guy, and I don't really like stubbly blowjobs. But by God does a cock up the backside feel good every so often.

Mind you, I've rediscovered the feminine touch lately, and it's different, like a totally different emotional and physical thing completely.

Anyway, yeah. I'm incredibly secure about it, because I'm insecure about just about everything else. Folk don't worry about it really, just let folk be whatever they want to be.
  • Options
    I'm the opposite of Bri, I prefer guys, and only occasionally feel in the mood for girls, I never fancy them, and I don't go out with them either, because women are crazy, and I just prefer guys. :p
  • Options
    Ive found that nowadays the term "bisexual" doesnt apply to guys anymore...what i mean is, if a guy says he's Bi then hes considered a big gay and needs his face kicking in...and only girls can be bi and thats only for the amusement of lads and for the reason of threesums....at least thats what i think the current climate on bisexuality is.

*sigh* Its sad. I mean in my circle of friends, we've never had a problem with sexuality, in fact if it wasnt for them i wudnt have discovered this side to myself (i generally considered myself to be straight...but ive come to accept that i do have sexual feelings for guys...), but outside of that, outside of my friends, the world at large seems to be hostile to any Bisexual bloke...like i said, its ok for girls because thats just ok...yeah it means your a slag, and will get into a threesum at the drop of a hat, but its OK for a girl to be Bi....but for a guy...yup, it means your gay. Simple as.

*sigh*

Not that i give a fuck (unless i start thinking about it.lol) i mean, what the world at large thinks wont change the way my brain works. It just sucks not being able to express yourself in certain situations for fear of .... well...attack really.

Peace
  • Options
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob
    and only girls can be bi and thats only for the amusement of lads and for the reason of threesums....at least thats what i think the current climate on bisexuality is.

like i said, its ok for girls because thats just ok...yeah it means your a slag, and will get into a threesum at the drop of a hat, but its OK for a girl to be Bi..

EXACTLY!

i hate being viewed as a slag, you are so right!

me and a male mate both admitted to each other within about 2 weeks of each other, yet we don't talk about it much because even some of out group have a problem with it. you are either seen as gay (which is perfectly fine), or straight which is equally fine, but being bi just makes you a whore! i hate it.

i hate it so much, i haven't told my mum yet, when most of my close friends have known for at lest 4 months. i was shit scared of a gay family friend finding out, as i know he has a slight problem with lesbians, and i thought he would disown me if he found out. he actually disowned me anyway, but that was for something totaly different.

is there any way round this fear of the polarity i have?
  • Options
    You like who you like. I don't see why people make a ig deal of it.

I hate it when people ask me about my sexuality, why does it matter? If I like somebody in that way I'll tell them, otherwise my sex life won't impact on theirs at all.
  • Options
    the only people to whom what you like matters, are the people you like or those who like you a lot, to anyone else, people who say im "im bi" before even talknig about interests or something, i know theyre gonna tend to piss me off cause their life revolves around their sexuality, when its just a part of your life, which is rather intimate and private
  • Options
    there's a simple answer to this 'am i bi?' question.

do you fancy girls?
    do you fancy boys?

if you answered yes to both questions (it doesn't include ALL boys and girls obviously) then proceed ahead to the pigeonhole marked 'bi'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    there's a simple answer to this 'am i bi?' question.

do you fancy girls?
    do you fancy boys?

if you answered yes to both questions (it doesn't include ALL boys and girls obviously) then proceed ahead to the pigeonhole marked 'bi'.

well that counts me in then. maybe i just dislike the public conseption and i'm insecure with it. i don't know.
  • Options
    and just who cares what the public thinks nowadays? :rolleyes: :D
  • Options

MORI.
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    I just don't see the big deal myself, but there can be 'biphobia' from both gay and straight people. Apparently you have to be completely one way or the other...

I mean bugger off! Why the hell not? If people can be gay then why not both?
  • Options

You learnt that from customer service at Halfords :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    You learnt that from customer service at Halfords :p

they made me the way i am today :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Guess I fear that would be the only reason why he would be interested in me. Thinking he's in with a chance of having a threesome :-/

well it did cross my mind :P
  • Options
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    well it did cross my mind :P

Not that I needed to know that... :-/
  • Options
    people who have recognised that they are gay / lesbian / bisexual / transgendered tend to have had to have put some thought into why they shouldn't feel constrained by what society expects from them, as the have to question one part, they can go on to question the whole, and build themselves a personal morality. Often they find that monogamy is as right for them as heterosexuality is. So there can be a higher incidence of polyamoury amongs these people. However monogamy isn't uncommon.
    Further, you only tend to notice that someone is bisexual if they are behaving in a slutty way; this skews the genereal perception.
  • Options
    i wouldnt rule out sex with a girl, but i consider myself straight, i think its waaaay out of proportion the people (my age mainly) who call themselves bi to fit in. i dont care what people are but ive seen loads of people 'come out' as bi then decide a few months down the line its not really them, they should really be sure of themselves before making statements about there sexuality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Not that I needed to know that... :-/
    i was only joking!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i wouldnt rule out sex with a girl, but i consider myself straight, i think its waaaay out of proportion the people (my age mainly) who call themselves bi to fit in. i dont care what people are but ive seen loads of people 'come out' as bi then decide a few months down the line its not really them, they should really be sure of themselves before making statements about there sexuality.

The question arrises, why make statements about your sexuality at all?

Its only the business of me and the people I sleep with.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby

Maybe... but then saying "I'm straight" ain't goin to get them a nice lad or lady for the night to see if they like it.

I just don't call myself anything.
  • Options
    people just tend to chose what they think they should be or want to be to fit in.

im with char_baby here. i consider myself straight but wouldnt rule out going further with a girl, because i definately find girls attractive.

whatever really.