Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

U.S. hostage beheaded

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lukesh
    Like Blair says, if you agreed or disagreed with the war, I think it is now time to all get together and defeat this!
    what politicians say and what they actualy mean are rarely the same.
    what tony is saying is ...we have created a fucking disaster ...we have bred a monster that is out of our control ...please some fucker help us sort this mess out.
    remember ...a mess that wasn't there and didn't need to happen.

how do propose this defeat of these terrorists luke ...kill 'em all?
    or maybe stop fucking with their lives and the lives of their children?
  • Options
    Whatever it takes to get the Arab League nations on board we have to do. Westerners are seen as the enemy, I would like to see them withdrawing to barracks and see Islamic troops and police on the streets. Also lets see a free media and better media relations with Arabic journalists, that includes Al-Jezeera.
  • Options
    oh what a good idea you will impose.... kets leave the country and let it go back to how it wa.s... ho great! the war was a waste of time then. we might as well finish it off! or else there will be a gulf war 3!
    i don't propose leaving those people in a country we have destroyed! we can't leave now. we shouldn't have gone in the first place.
    do you have the slightest inkling what iraq was like before bush senior kicked off? no ///you haven't a fucking clue!
  • Options
    don't you understand that time can't be turned back? the future is ahead of us not some winding clock.
    you are truly a fucking barm pot luke!
  • Options
    Why do you all care anyway? Seriously.

Luke "we", you aren't at war, your sitting in your house in your comfortable warm chair talking shit about this Iraq war.
    There is never going to be peace and stability in Iraq while the troops are still there. To the militiamen it's their land, not some foriegn pricks.
  • Options
    mate you keep baging on that we shouldn't have gone to war. OK... we can't turn the clock back. lets clear up the mess and move on!
    at last ...you agree we need to clean up the fucking mess we have created ...which is what i tried explaining to you abpout tony and his plea to the world ...we have fucked the place up big time ...someone come and help us out ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Why do you all care anyway? Seriously.

because innocent people are being slaughtered in our names ...by our governments for an oil pipeline plan thats a generation old and we have fucked it up bigstyle meaning ...we are making OUR world far more dangerous and unstable than ever.
    it will have impact on YOUR life.
  • Options
    I have said that all along!

luke you lying little shit ...you have never once admitted that our invasion has cuased mayhem and death ...that we have fucked it up big time costing thousands of innocent lives. your always ranyting about how right and just this balls up is.
  • Options
    millions are dying in Africa.... I don't see you moaning about that as you do so much about Iraq!
    it's not an invasion by the political paryty i voted for that is commiting those terrible crimes ...
    i am not anti war ...as far as i'm concerned send in the troops and kill the cnuts responsible and help restore some kind of order.
  • Options
    let the battle commence!
    the quicker the better.
  • Options
    I know, it will eventually have an impact on my life, these things aren't right to be happening, i was stoned as fuck earlier well still am but wasn't making sense earlier at all, there's not much we can do about Bush though, he's made it clear by now he'll do what he wants.
  • Options
    "Let the battle commence" has a sound byte very very similar to G. W. Bush's "Bring them on" remark in May last year, when the first signs of a serious unrest emerged (instead of the whole country throwing rose petals at Allied troops, like Bush and Blair had foreseen).

About 16 months later, 800+ US soldiers and countless civilians have been killed and the country is closer to civil war than ever before.
    Obviously it was very easy for Bush to macho up and say "Bring them on" since it wasn't his fucking coward ass that's on the line.

But the repulsive scumbag doesn't say "Bring them on" any more because he's realised the Iraqi fighters are putting up a fight he cannot beat. All his stealth bombers, laser guided missiles and air-fuel bombs are useless in this type of war. Apparently the four biggest regional cities in Iraq are no longer in US control. The Allies are actually losing their grip on the country by the day.

The sooner every last American leaves Iraq and all troops are replaced with UN peacekeeping troops, the better the chance the country will have to avoid civil war and disintegrate.

"Mission accomplished" indeed, Mr Bush!

C@&*!!! :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    The sooner every last American leaves Iraq and all troops are replaced with UN peacekeeping troops, the better the chance the country will have to avoid civil war and disintegrate.

I agreed with the entire post except this bit.

UN peacekeepers are useless. Srebrenica proved that.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, and after the Iraqi Justice minister had announced he wanted the release of one of the two Iraqi women held hostage, the US has declared that " both prisoners were in the physical and legal custody of the Americans and would not be freed imminently."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3680120.stm

Regardless of whether you think freeing this woman is right or wrong, this is yet further proof that the Iraqi government hasn't got any independent powers and that contrary to its claims the US disregards its authority completely.

When the "handover of power" :rolleyes: was carried out, the US government said it would leave Iraq immediately if the new Iraqi government asked it to.

Yeah right...
  • Options
    With Allawi (like his cousin Chalabi) having been well known as longtime CIA informants and cohorts who have waited for decades for Washington to use its muscle to install them and their exile faction to power, the suggestion that they would subsequently ask their benefactors and protectors to leave is laughable indeed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    Uhuh. What other threads like this have I posted aside from one on a suicide bomb?

Firstly, it's an impression held, probably because there are so many at the moment.

List of threads I can easily find

"Sick"
    "16 killed, 80+ injured by Palestinian extremists"
    and, not quite on the same theme, but almost equally random
    "They can have him."
  • Options
    Okay whatever. I don’t need to justify myself to you but anyway seeing as you’ve quoted those threads….

‘Sick’ – it was a post about a gross and disgusting animal rights abuse. Given that many people here were discussing fox’s rights on the hunting thread I thought a story about an incident far worse than any fox hunt was relevant.

Oh and then the suicide bomb thread…Well if you’d have bothered to have read my post I said ‘What other threads like this have I posted aside from one on a suicide bomb?’. But, anyway I posted that because I considered it relevant. It was a major terrorist attack after a relatively peaceful period. I find it rather sad that you feel I have to justify my reasons for posting a thread on the slaughter of innocent people. Would you be criticising me if I had posted a thread on alleged abuses committed by the IDF?

The final thread you quoted was a somewhat amusing American movement to elect Tony Blair for President. Now er how is that in anyway relevant to the original matter that you have accused me of?

If you had any decency you’d apologise.
  • Options
    Okay whatever. I don’t need to justify myself to you but anyway seeing as you’ve quoted those threads….

The final thread you quoted was a somewhat amusing American movement to elect Tony Blair for President. Now er how is that in anyway relevant to the original matter that you have accused me of?

If you had any decency you’d apologise.

I didn't say it was relevant. And as I've posted before you don't have to justify yourself. There is no need for me to apologise regardless of my level of decency.

ETA: It's the way you post them, there isn't any real room for debate until someone says something controversial. Your threads are 'isn't this shite' and what's the point in that?
  • Options
    Going back to the topic.

Its what happens, we're an invading army, they are fighting back with the weapons they have. Simple really.

The French resistance did 'terrorist' acts under German rule. I'm sure they would see it in a similar way.

Lets not kid ourselves, we've fucked this one good and proper.

I'm waiting for the 'peace with honor' objective we saw near the end of Vietnam.
  • Options
    im just wondering when lukesh will stop been so right

stop been so avoiding about anything when he gets shot in the foot

oh yeh and try to undertand or at least read what people say to him
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    luke you lying little shit ...

Whatever you think of Luke’s politics it’s unnecessary to resort to childish name calling.
  • Options
    Whatever you think of Luke’s politics it’s unnecessary to resort to childish name calling.
    it wasn't childish it was true.
  • Options
    luke, don't you realise that terrorism will never be defeated, this whole "grab them by the balls" attitude is sickening, for every terrorist that gets arrested or shot, there's 10 more in the pipeline, thousands of young muslims are queing up to join groups that'll fight the americans, and it's mainly because of this invasion, yeh there'd still be terrorists if we didn't go to war but there's far more now than there was before the war, terrorism is a far greater force than any army because they generally capture the hearts and minds of the people they are fighting for and can amass huge support, it'll never be defeated, simple as
  • Options
    http://www.betar.co.uk/terror.php
    luke ...have you any idea why the yanks didn't chase osama and invade suadi ...where the terrorism actualy comes from ...?
  • Options

and this proves that.....
  • Options
    watched it all??

nope didn't even watch it

the statement i made was directed to YOU, i want YOUR response, i won't watch someone else's videos, unless you're brave enough to go to the middle east and make some, which i doubt, so tell me, what is YOUR response to that statement.
  • Options
    we have been there and doen that befor.e... just can't be arsed you know as it's a on going cucle which will only end in a bitter way. i rather keep the peace thanks.
    in every thread every time anyone asks you ...same old fucking non answer.
    just answer the fucking questions people put to you ...we all have to repeat ourselves or give links to what we said you know.
  • Options
    fair enough, getting sorta sick of arguing about terrorism myself, theres more important things in life.
  • Options
    exactlY!
    LOL! :D
  • Options

Other than the fact you bastard made me use windows media player, what's your point?