Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

U.S. hostage beheaded

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040920/325/f2z6t.html

To behead an entirely innocent civilian, show a disgusting lack of respect by parading a video of the torture on the internet is just sick beyond words.

The mentality of these animals is just disgusting.

I’m all in favour of getting the hell out of Iraq, getting every Westerner out and just leaving them to it. The majority of Iraqis do not support our efforts and would like us out. Why wait?

Comments

• Options
    It's fucking disgusting :mad:

Let's hope the other two- and all the other hostages held around the country- are eventually released- though it looks really grim for them :(
  • Options
    Re: U.S. hostage beheaded
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040920/325/f2z6t.html

To behead an entirely innocent civilian, show a disgusting lack of respect by parading a video of the torture on the internet is just sick beyond words.

The mentality of these animals is just disgusting.

I’m all in favour of getting the hell out of Iraq, getting every Westerner out and just leaving them to it. The majority of Iraqis do not support our efforts and would like us out. Why wait?
    i agree 100% but ...
    it is also disgusting to kill thousands of innocent civillians ...day after day after day.
    it is also disgusting to torture and humiliate people in prisons.
    it is even more disgusting to support the bastards that are doing this for money and glory ...
  • Options
    It goes to show that Saddam was probably quite justified in using oppression to keep them all udner control.

Which is what the intelligent observers had said five years ago.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    It goes to show that Saddam was probably quite justified in using oppression to keep them all udner control.

Which is what the intelligent observers had said five years ago.
    he might well have been a bastard kermy but ...iraq NEVER had terrorism and chaos in it's streets.
    a sucsessful coiuntry has been destroyed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    he might well have been a bastard kermy but ...iraq NEVER had terrorism and chaos in it's streets.

It's beginning to look like he HAD to be a bastard to make sure everyone didn't get blown up.

It's always the way in tribal countries- look at what happened in Yugoslavia when Tito died.
  • Options
    first sentence: "A militant group in Iraq led by al Qaeda ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has beheaded American Eugene Armstrong and posted a video of the killing on the Internet." I mean, when are the media going to stop flogging a dead horse. Iraq and Al Qaeda aren't related except for one thing - they are both enemies of George W. Bush.

And the beheading may be sick but it's more what they're used to there - I'm being very careful not to call them backwards but say in Russia if you piss the wrong people off they'll gun you down, it's the same there except the only thing you need to do to piss them off is be American or British or whatever.

There will always be these extremes that cannot be willed to stop, but do you be strict to them and everyone else suffers along with the strict laws as well?
  • Options
    It's not so much "enemies", the nationality of the victims is incidental in the main. They target Western hostages because, basically, they provide more leverage- who gives a toss if they behead some Iraqi?

Terrorism is not about "enemies", terrorism is about power and control. Terrorists use terror to assert power in their hands by providing "safety" from fear if they have the power.
  • Options
    face it ...it wasn't happening before we decided to go in there and kill and destroy and take.
    face it ...even us morons on this site predicted this is what would happen ...
    we HAVE declared war ...WE ...have declared war.
    the only people who expected a different response were the mad people ...unfortunately the mad people who realy don't give a fuck ...are the very people in control ...in control is a laugh innit.
  • Options
    the only people who expected a different response were the mad people ...unfortunately the mad people who realy don't give a fuck ...are the very people in control ...in control is a laugh innit.

They knew exactly what they were doing. They still do- US$3billion diverted from construction to security in Iraq, nice bit of cash for the arms manufacturers. As it was always going to be.

They're not mad, they just don't care about the suffering. They have the green paper, that's all that matters.
  • Options
    may our thoughts go out to that guys family without question, but how can CNN justify sending me an email saying "BREAKING NEWS" in the header

end of the day hundreds of people are killed every day and its not breaking news, and beheadings are going on all the time compared to what they used to be
  • Options
    i'm only after watching a video of a man being beheaded, its vile, they don't even cut it straight off, they saw it, felt sorry for the poor man, the people that do this are just loony bins, wouldn't even call them terrorists.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    i'm only after watching a video of a man being beheaded, its vile, they don't even cut it straight off, they saw it, felt sorry for the poor man, the people that do this are just loony bins, wouldn't even call them terrorists.
    you went out of your way to watch it ...why?
  • Options
    you went out of your way to watch it ...why?

i think my bro or dad downloaded it and was just on windows media, freaky shit like.
  • Options
    face it ...it wasn't happening before we decided to go in there and kill and destroy and take.

I don’t believe for a moment that Blair went into Iraq with the objective to ‘kill and destroy and take’.

And well yes Westerners were not getting beheaded before the invasion…But, that’s partly because there were hardly any Westerners in Iraq prior to us going in! And of course Saddam did not tolerate fundamental Muslims himself. However, now we’ve invaded Iraq and despite everything in the long run I think Iraqis will be better off than they were under Saddam.

I personally know an Iraqi and I know there are many other Iraqis in this country who supported and still support the US/UK.

It is in America and Britain’s interest to leave as soon as possible. Bush and Blair as much as I dislike both of them have no desire for Iraq to be a US/UK colony.
  • Options
    all the middle easterners, especially the young ones, are getting their heads filled with shit about how bad the west is and all that crap, and we're getting out heads filled with crap about terrorism and how we should fear jihad :rolleyes: , everyone's heads are filled with crap, face it, if TV's and any type of media was never invented, none and i mean none of this shit would be happening.
  • Options
    I don’t believe for a moment that Blair went into Iraq with the objective to ‘kill and destroy and take’.

And well yes Westerners were not getting beheaded before the invasion…But, that’s partly because there were hardly any Westerners in Iraq prior to us going in! And of course Saddam did not tolerate fundamental Muslims himself. However, now we’ve invaded Iraq and despite everything in the long run I think Iraqis will be better off than they were under Saddam.

I personally know an Iraqi and I know there are many other Iraqis in this country who supported and still support the US/UK.

It is in America and Britain’s interest to leave as soon as possible. Bush and Blair as much as I dislike both of them have no desire for Iraq to be a US/UK colony.
    there were thousands of westerners in iraq! we were most welcome seeing as the west were arming saddam to the teeyth to fight the iranians. the place was a thriving wealthy safe country ...full of night clubs and bars ...markets and shopping centres ...trafficjams and parking problems ...then bush senior went in.
    then the westerners started to dwindle ...but right up to invasion time by junior ...there were thousands of westerners in iraq.
    iraq was hated by the osama's of this world cos of the night clubs ...the multi religous tolerance etc.

when will the iraqi people be better off?
    how long will it be before they just get back to where they were before we arrived ...thriving economy/trade/jobs etc?
  • Options
    What, out of interest, are we supposed to say when threads like this are posted? Huzzah, another american pig dead? Oh God, how I condemn these bad people?

What's the point? It seems a little harsh, but all you really get is people saying that it's terrible and how these people are abhorent, but where does it go from there?
  • Options
    Sorry MR,

I didn’t realise there were many Westerners in Iraq. I assumed because of the sanctions and stuff it’d be pretty empty.

Yes, I’m aware that Iraq for a Muslim country was very tolerant of other religions. Wasn’t Saddam’s number 2 a Christian?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    What, out of interest, are we supposed to say when threads like this are posted? Huzzah, another american pig dead? Oh God, how I condemn these bad people?

What's the point? It seems a little harsh, but all you really get is people saying that it's terrible and how these people are abhorent, but where does it go from there?

Shall I delete the thread then?
  • Options
    there were thousands of westerners in iraq! we were most welcome seeing as the west were arming saddam to the teeyth to fight the iranians. the place was a thriving wealthy safe country ...full of night clubs and bars ...markets and shopping centres ...trafficjams and parking problems ...then bush senior went in.
    then the westerners started to dwindle ...but right up to invasion time by junior ...there were thousands of westerners in iraq.
    iraq was hated by the osama's of this world cos of the night clubs ...the multi religous tolerance etc.

when will the iraqi people be better off?
    how long will it be before they just get back to where they were before we arrived ...thriving economy/trade/jobs etc?

there's something really weird about this war, something i can't put my finger on, sorta get the feeling that george bush is finishing off daddy's work and he's bringing us with him for the journey, fucking bastard, really getting pissed off at him now, w*ank head.
  • Options

That's up to you mate, I just don't get why you post them (and it almost always seems to be you) in the first place.
  • Options
    Sorry MR,

I didn’t realise there were many Westerners in Iraq. I assumed because of the sanctions and stuff it’d be pretty empty.

Yes, I’m aware that Iraq for a Muslim country was very tolerant of other religions. Wasn’t Saddam’s number 2 a Christian?
    it is quite fascinating to read up on iraq and see the prosperity and hustle and bustle of millionaire antiuqe shops ...qwealthy carpet dealers ...huge do it yourself wharehouses etc etc. house prices in the suburbs were still rising and rising fast right up to the day of the invasion which may seem a little strange but ...even though they knew the yanks were coming ...they believed they were going to be liberated ...not splattered across the streets! the yanks were coming to remove madman insane which was great news ...the yrealy didn't expect a full blown attack on their towns and cities ...the ensung chaos ...the loss of jobs the police and government.
    what the iraqi people were expecting was liberation ...not absolute chaos ...no water no electricity ...bombed factories and schools. people being flung in jail in their hundreds for having simply been a member of a certain political party ...which to be a headmaster or such they would have to be.
    what we have done is not only illegal and immporal ...it's fucking evil.
    it's evil the way the whole thing is carried out and portrayed.
  • Options
    no.
  • Options
    it is quite fascinating to read up on iraq and see the prosperity and hustle and bustle of millionaire antiuqe shops ...qwealthy carpet dealers ...huge do it yourself wharehouses etc etc. house prices in the suburbs were still rising and rising fast right up to the day of the invasion which may seem a little strange but ...even though they knew the yanks were coming ...they believed they were going to be liberated ...not splattered across the streets! the yanks were coming to remove madman insane which was great news ...the yrealy didn't expect a full blown attack on their towns and cities ...the ensung chaos ...the loss of jobs the police and government.
    what the iraqi people were expecting was liberation ...not absolute chaos ...no water no electricity ...bombed factories and schools. people being flung in jail in their hundreds for having simply been a member of a certain political party ...which to be a headmaster or such they would have to be.
    what we have done is not only illegal and immporal ...it's fucking evil.
    it's evil the way the whole thing is carried out and portrayed.

FUck I'M So stoned right now and this is making so much sense, everything does when you're stoned
  • Options
    there's something really weird about this war, something i can't put my finger on, sorta get the feeling that george bush is finishing off daddy's work and he's bringing us with him for the journey, fucking bastard, really getting pissed off at him now, w*ank head.
    in the 70's afghanistan was a thriving and popular holiday destination ...it was on the up and up.
    kabul was very popular with travellers from europe.
    it was renowned for it's peaches apricots etc ...huge commercial orchads.
    then in the seventies the americans decided to play a cat and mouse game along the russian borders ...forcing the russians to invade.
    a pipeline had been planned by a company called unacol.
    largely owned by osama bin ladens family and the neocu nts that are now in the white house.
    iraq came into this plan. we are talking the seventies here remember.
    all this has been in ...the pipeline since then.
    saddam was basicaly tricked into invading kuwait by donald rumsfeld ...who personaly gave saddam the belief that the americans would turn a blind eye ...soon as he invaded ...this lot started ...some evil fucking people doing a lot of evil stuff ...the biggest evil being OUR rulers!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    That's up to you mate, I just don't get why you post them (and it almost always seems to be you) in the first place.

Uhuh. What other threads like this have I posted aside from one on a suicide bomb?
  • Options
    in the 70's afghanistan was a thriving and popular holiday destination ...it was on the up and up.
    kabul was very popular with travellers from europe.
    it was renowned for it's peaches apricots etc ...huge commercial orchads.
    then in the seventies the americans decided to play a cat and mouse game along the russian borders ...forcing the russians to invade.
    a pipeline had been planned by a company called unacol.
    largely owned by osama bin ladens family and the neocu nts that are now in the white house.
    iraq came into this plan. we are talking the seventies here remember.
    all this has been in ...the pipeline since then.
    saddam was basicaly tricked into invading kuwait by donald rumsfeld ...who personaly gave saddam the belief that the americans would turn a blind eye ...soon as he invaded ...this lot started ...some evil fucking people doing a lot of evil stuff ...the biggest evil being OUR rulers!

that shit is deep man, seriously, what a corrupt bastard world we live in, i don't give two fucks anyway, i'm still getting half O's of my deale,r, fuckin lovin it.
  • Options
    that shit is deep man, seriously, what a corrupt bastard world we live in, i don't give two fucks anyway, i'm still getting half O's of my deale,r, fuckin lovin it.
    ...and thats only the sawn off version mate! when you get into the detail it's fucking bad shit.
    most people have short memories about politics ...you lot weren't even born or were toddlers when this pipeline shit with the yanks and binladens was concieved.
    no i haven't seen mr moores documentary.
    as well as your O's turlough ...there will be tons of opium and heroin available thanks to the americans.
    the greatest sucsess in the so called war on drugs was the taliban.
    they forced opium production to the lowest levels ever known.
    now the americans run the place ...or at least run kabul but give millions of dollars in hard cash to the warlords ...the counties opium production has reached record levels never before seen ...this happens by giving the warlords millions of dollars ...the war lords control all the opium but now with new cars new weapons etc ...all paid for by the american taxpayer ...strange old world innit ...
  • Options
    It is a strange old world, that's what i was thinking about the other night after a heavy night, i kept thinking how the government was all so fucking corrupt and started having deep thoughts about how even cigarettes were the governments weapon too killing people, people paying to buy their own cigs that goes back into the government for them to produce more fags, vicious cycle. Opium round this way, i couldn't see it mroll, a sticky black lump off your dealer in this place, i really coudln't see it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    fags, vicious cycle. Opium round this way, i couldn't see it mroll, a sticky black lump off your dealer in this place, i really coudln't see it.
    well the record breaking harvest wil,l have to go somewhere.