Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How Do You Miss a Period?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by swank
    What I would like explained to me is, if you skip a period what happens to it? I assumed it just came out along with the next one. I know several of you said its not a real period but what do you mean? Is there no longer a build up over the month of it? :confused:

basically, when you're on the pill, your hormones are completely stable, and don't cycle the way they would naturally. the hormones keep your womb lining really thin, and because there are no 'building up to possible fertilisation' hormones to tell it otherwise, it never gets thicker. when you're taking the pills, everything inside stays the same. so it doesn't matter if you take them for 21 days, 42 days or 63 days, everything works in the same way.

when you stop taking your pills for you break, the only reason you bleed is because your body is missing the hormones it needs to keep it stable. over the break week, you shed your lining and then a new one starts to form, but before it can get too thick, you start taking them again and everything gets halted.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Horses run different races depending on how well they are suited to the course. So it means that people take different courses of action depending on how well suited they are. In this case it would mean that people who didn't have bad effects from runnning pill packs together will carry on doing it, whereas people who do have bad effects won't do it any more.

OK?

Yeah, i feel silly now :blush: