Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Arabs to blame for all world ills?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lukesh
    it would be with the amount of people they have and the cheap labour.

I meant that if you disagree with the government your dead!

Heh, China is increasingly capitalist. So what if labour costs in China are cheap? Is that necessarily the government's fault??
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd
    Heh, China is increasingly capitalist. So what if labour costs in China are cheap? Is that necessarily the government's fault??

The lack of worker's rights or any kind of a minimum wage would be. But living costs aren't huge for most of China, so it's not like they need to be paid a lot.
  • Options
    no its not, you can have all the cheap labour prices you want but unless people buy off you your buggered
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    The lack of worker's rights or any kind of a minimum wage would be. But living costs aren't huge for most of China, so it's not like they need to be paid a lot.

Not every country has a minimum wage, nor is it an economic necessity.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    The Arabs certainly do seem to be involved in a lot of the wars, massacres and human rights abuses in the world today.
    Though they don't get anywhere near the Christian soldiers of the US of A (and to a lesser degree of Britain and other Western nations), who have been involved in infinitely more abuses, death, wars and murders than the Arabs could possibly muster.

And your point is?

Im just going to cover the main ones, itd take too long to do the rest.
    ... translates as "these are the only bombings and wars I could possibly try to find a justification for. The others are just impossible to justify even for the most die-hard ultra right wing neo-Republican so I'm not going to bother".

They were fighting before, the Americans were simply trying to stop communism coming to power.
    So that makes it right for the US to violate every single law and accord and bomb dozens of nations at will simply because of its dislike of communism.

An awful lot of people see American right wing Imperialism, aggressive foreign policy and general meddling driven by the philosophy of the PNAC as the single biggest threat to mankind, as well as a power infinitely more unpleasant that communism or others. I trust you would on principle support the right of anyone to try to stop the spread of the American neo-con values by any means at their disposal, be war, terrorism or assassination.

If you weren't, you'd be the world's biggest hypocrite.

Tell me a better way to divide up the Middle East in the early 20th and Id like to hear it.
    I can tell you one thing that should not happened in 1948 in the area. Not in the way it happened, and not using the land that was used anyway.

The 'easy' option was taken, and that has given rise to the nastiest and most enduring conflict in recent history.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Though they don't get anywhere near the Christian soldiers of the US of A (and to a lesser degree of Britain and other Western nations), who have been involved in infinitely more abuses, death, wars and murders than the Arabs could possibly muster.

Please try to keep religion out of a discussion for a change. No-one else has brought it up.
  • Options
    The difference in quality of life between the 400 million peasents and the rest is unbelieverable.

And besides, China is still effectively a police state. Some fast (unsustainable) economic growth doesnt erase the deaths of millions from history.
    LOL. So you care about human rights and the welfare of the people now?

Why do I get the impression that you wouldn't give a flying fuck about "the difference in quality of life between the 400 million peasents and the rest" or "the deaths of millions" if China was a fascist dictatorship and an ally of the US, instead of being a bid bad commie state?

Remind me again how the deaths of the people of Chile, Iraq or Uzbekistan (to name but 3) during the reigns of Pinochet, Saddam during the 1980s and President Karimov don't really matter because the regimes were friends of the US... I really love that argument.
  • Options
    LOL. So you care about human rights and the welfare of the people now?

Why do I get the impression that you wouldn't give a flying fuck about "the difference in quality of life between the 400 million peasents and the rest" or "the deaths of millions" if China was a fascist dictatorship and an ally of the US, instead of being a bid bad commie state?

Remind me again how the deaths of the people of Chile, Iraq or Uzbekistan (to name but 3) during the reigns of Pinochet, Saddam during the 1980s and President Karimov don't really matter because the regimes were friends of the US... I really love that argument.

well said, and it is still happening today in many small African countries, where as long as they are allied with America, they can blow the fuck out of each other, there's two sides to every coin i'm afraid
  • Options
    "the difference in quality of life between the 400 million peasents and the rest" or "the deaths of millions"

Doesnt mater if I give a 'flying fuck' or not, I was merely pointing out another hypocrisy of the Left.
    if China was a fascist dictatorship and an ally of the US, instead of being a bid bad commie state?

China is a big bad state you moron, but you always erase deaths of millions if the government is 'on the left' so to speak, dont you?
    Remind me again how the deaths of the people of Chile, Iraq or Uzbekistan (to name but 3) during the reigns of Pinochet, Saddam during the 1980s and President Karimov

Tragic of course, but preferable to the millions more that would have perished had the USSR expanded its sphere of influence.

Youve not actually addressed any of my major points on the major Cold War hotspots, so i'll take it for granted you agree with me.
  • Options
    Christian soldiers of the US of A

An insult to the thousands of non-christians in the US armed forces. Honestly, your blindness is astonishing. Have you ever actually been to the US?
    who have been involved in infinitely more abuses, death, wars and murders than the Arabs could possibly muster.

I cant picture a place when Western troops go in using chainsaws, axes and petroleum, raping and hacking limbs off at will? Oh, no thatd be the Arab militias of the Janjaweed and the Islamic Resistance in Algeria. I dont elieve its US policy to stone women to death for adultery either...
    these are the only bombings and wars I could possibly try to find a justification for. The others are just impossible to justify even for the most die-hard ultra right wing neo-Republican so I'm not going to bother".

I was not going to cover them individually, but as a whole, if you read what I put, you will see its covered.
    So that makes it right for the US to violate every single law and accord and bomb dozens of nations at will simply because of its dislike of communism.

It gives them the right to save millions of lives. Jesus Christ, read up on the miseries caused to the world by Communism. You need to get your eyes checked.
    YOu cannot sweep the deaths of a hundred million under the carpet.
    An awful lot of people see American right wing Imperialism, aggressive foreign policy and general meddling driven by the philosophy of the PNAC as the single biggest threat to mankind, as well as a power infinitely more unpleasant that communism or others

Basically - blinded hypocrites like you who have no problem when left wing governments murder their own citizens in the name of class war but jump up in 'righteous anger' whenever the US intervenes to stop them killing each other. Pacifism is a false moral.
    The 'easy' option was taken

No, the right option was taken.
  • Options
    Doesnt mater if I give a 'flying fuck' or not, I was merely pointing out another hypocrisy of the Left.
    Don't make things up.

"The Left" as you put it has never denied or condoned human right abuses perpetrated by communist countries- or of any other political denomination.

It is in fact people like you who claim the moral high ground when talking about human right abuses committed by certain countries while at the same time ignoring or actually defending atrocities committed by certain other countries as a necessity. And incredibly keep a straight face while doing it. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

China is a big bad state you moron, but you always erase deaths of millions if the government is 'on the left' so to speak, dont you?
    When have I ever said that?

Tragic of course, but preferable to the millions more that would have perished had the USSR expanded its sphere of influence.
    Yeah yeah the USSR coming to rule the world and thank god for good old America saving the earth from 1,000 years of tyranny by the bad old commies and yabba dabba flobby dob.

Change the record Matadore. No-one (other than you it seems) believes such ludicrous scare mongering tales.
    Youve not actually addressed any of my major points on the major Cold War hotspots, so i'll take it for granted you agree with me.
    Of the 24 separate bombings of nations the US has perpetrated since WWII, the only ones where there is an (arguable) justification are Korea, Iraq in 1990, Yugoslavia in 1999 and Afghanistan in 2001.

Every single other bombing is nothing more than the implementation of the US' imperialistic right wing policies, as you well know it. I'm afraid your terror tales concerning big bad commies coming to rule the world don't wash one bit.
  • Options

Yeah yeah the USSR coming to rule the world and thank god for good old America saving the earth from 1,000 years of tyranny by the bad old commies and yabba dabba flobby dob.

Don't disregard the huge damage done to the quality, and length, of human life because of the USSR, within it's own boarders, because you dislike his point of view.

The USSR was a pile of shit, just because you dislike the USA doesn't mean you can ignore it.
  • Options
    An insult to the thousands of non-christians in the US armed forces. Honestly, your blindness is astonishing. Have you ever actually been to the US?
    A great many more times than you, I suspect...

I cant picture a place when Western troops go in using chainsaws, axes and petroleum, raping and hacking limbs off at will? Oh, no thatd be the Arab militias of the Janjaweed and the Islamic Resistance in Algeria. I dont elieve its US policy to stone women to death for adultery either...
    No, some US troops seem content with raping 14-year old boys and subjecting prisoners to a catalogue of torture and abuses it'd make Saddam blush.

If you really want to go down the road of generalisations (and remember I didn't start this thread) I think you will find Western governments and troops have caused far far more death, conflict, misery and destruction than the Arabs.

But as I've just said earlier what would be the point of getting further down that road eh?

I was not going to cover them individually, but as a whole, if you read what I put, you will see its covered.
    Yes yes, the US saving the world from communism. We've all heard it before. Still doesn't wash.

It gives them the right to save millions of lives. Jesus Christ, read up on the miseries caused to the world by Communism. You need to get your eyes checked.
    YOu cannot sweep the deaths of a hundred million under the carpet.
    You're the only one prepared to do so by all accounts. While at the same time justifying all sort of illegal actions and imperialistic crusades for geopolitical reasons for the laughable argument that the US was doing it all to save millions from the evils of communism.

Basically - blinded hypocrites like you who have no problem when left wing governments murder their own citizens in the name of class war but jump up in 'righteous anger' whenever the US intervenes to stop them killing each other. Pacifism is a false moral.
    For the millionth time: stop making things up. YOU are the one who don't mind certain atrocities at all. Show me where I or 'we' have said we don't mind atrocities committed by communist nations.

No, the right option was taken.
    Shouldn't that be the 'right wing' option?
  • Options
    Don't disregard the huge damage done to the quality, and length, of human life because of the USSR, within it's own boarders, because you dislike his point of view.

The USSR was a pile of shit, just because you dislike the USA doesn't mean you can ignore it.
    Where have I said that?

I am disputing the tired-and-terribly-boring ridiculous argument that the US' countless bombings and interfering with endless nations was justified because the Soviets would have otherwise conquered the world and subjected us all to death and misery.

Matadore here has gone as far as justifying the overthrowing of the democratic government of Salvador Allende in Chile, who wasn't even fucking communist (which goes to show how much he knows about the subject) by the USA and the subsequent placement in government of a brutal butcher responsible for the torture and deaths of tens of thousands of Chileans. According to Matadore removing democracies and installing brutal fascist dictators in its place is justified as long as the USA doesn't like the government in question.

Isn't that so Matadore?
  • Options
    banana republics?
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    no but is it not quite sickening when a country whose top 3 richest people have more money than some countries in Africa yet still ask for billions of them. wake up.

I didn't know Bill Gates ran an international bank.

You can't blame the 3rd world's problems on us. We give them food and money, and they use it to buy arms and kill each other.
    If they stopped trying to compete with us militarily and just accepted their place we wouldn't have a problem.
    Look at Iraq, if Saddam hadn't spent billions of dollars on his crappy military Iraq would be a prosperous country today, and would still be able to rely on us for military assistance which we provide to other countries that don't have an army.

The 3rd world needs to wake up and realise spending it's money on tanks isn't going to do them any good.
  • Options
    I'll think you'll find I pointed that out at the end of my post. There's no need to be as anal as I am when we agree now is there?

Bugger. You mean that I should have read your post...?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Bugger. You mean that I should have read your post...?

yeah, sorry.
  • Options
    This is another truly anal point, seeing as everyone can get a passport, so long as they havn't been banned on the basis of criminal record, and it's therefore the decision of the destination country.

Even with a passport the Govt can deny you travel, as many football fans have found.

Point is that the Gvt can deny you the right to travel, just as the other states mentioned can. Just like our Govt, they will claim that it's the result of "criminal" activity.
    I'm not sure if you mean to type inaccessable or accessable above. But we have the right to a public trial in this country, fair and anonymous voting, we are not part of a police state, and so on and so forth. Which is vastly more than people who reside in 'communist' countries can, and could have, expected

I did mean accessable, because I don't believe that the machinations of our Govt as open. As the lack of a real Freedom of Information Act shows...