Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

C4

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
now BB's gone,the tv's getting better + better!Ny-lon's coming + its looks great + theres nip/tuck (which,tbh,didnt really live up to the hype), the OC's coming back too,which'll be amazing!. but whats with the cricket? why on earth do they keep cutting out 2 hours of T4 in the mornings? it drives me insnae to wake up to silly men in white jumpers hitting a ball :eek2:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    whens the oc on?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Re: C4
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    but whats with the cricket? why on earth do they keep cutting out 2 hours of T4 in the mornings? it drives me insnae to wake up to silly men in white jumpers hitting a ball :eek2:

Because some people like watching cricket, just like some people enjoy watching the American comedy shite that T4 shows.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    whens the oc on?

30th august on E4,but hopefully it'll come to C4 soon :)
  • Options

• Options
    now BB's gone,the tv's getting better + better!Ny-lon's coming + its looks great + theres nip/tuck (which,tbh,didnt really live up to the hype), the OC's coming back too,which'll be amazing!. but whats with the cricket? why on earth do they keep cutting out 2 hours of T4 in the mornings? it drives me insnae to wake up to silly men in white jumpers hitting a ball :eek2:

Nip/Tuck is great! I love that show-it gets much better as it goes on so stick with it. OC is rubbish though :p

TV has been bollocks this summer
  • Options
    And theres me thinking this was about explosives, damn.
  • Options
    Re: Re: C4
    Originally posted by hybrid
    OC is rubbish though :p

lies! i lurve the OC :D
  • Options

What is wrong with the cricket? Id much rather watch that then the shitty OC.
  • Options
    My head is pickled so excuse my ignorance when I ask, 'What the hell is OC?'

Nip/Tuck is shite; Sorry, not me cuppa tea.

Do ya know what I use to love watching on Channel 4.... 'Your Face Or Mine' :yes:
  • Options
    the OC is all about rich kids in Cali with issues. its fab :) also,hott boys! oh yes,would definatly shag seth any day ;) much nicer then ryan who has this screwed up square head thing going on.

edited for bad spelling
  • Options
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    :rolleyes:

What?
    Explain yourself boyo? :cool:
  • Options
    i just dont understand the large amount of people who like teen american crap such as dawsons creek, oc etc. i dont find it stimulating to watch, so i decide not too. this money could be spent on better home grown programmes.
  • Options
    yes dave,your right,it could be better spent. but its not,so we're as well getting excited about what we as opposed to what we dont have. also,dawsons was uber depressing.the OCs just fun :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    i just dont understand the large amount of people who like teen american crap such as dawsons creek, oc etc. i dont find it stimulating to watch, so i decide not too. this money could be spent on better home grown programmes.

A lovely opinion you have there; though I would think the reason they have these programmes shown on telly is cause they get good ratings/ enough viewers to keep it on.
    Do ya not think? :confused:

Some I like; Some I don't.

Though that nip/tuck thing is bloody awful... *shakes head sadly* hehe
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    A lovely opinion you have there; though I would think the reason they have these programmes shown on telly is cause they get good ratings/ enough viewers to keep it on.
    Do ya not think? :confused:

Some I like; Some I don't.

Though that nip/tuck thing is bloody awful... *shakes head sadly* hehe

i know, but i cant change peoples opinions sadly, people have there own choices even if they decide to watch over rated shit. all the girls at work talk about oc like its the most intellectual show ever, sadly i would rather sit in my room watching quality programmes ;) by the way im only saying that i dont like shit programmes but i can see were people might enjoy watching programmes like this, as it wastes time and takes them into a world that they would never experience.
  • Options
    It doesn't have to be an 'intellectual' programme to be entertaining.
    I've never seen OC, but wouldn't want to either; but some sit-coms I do like; like Friends, Ally McBeal.

But for people to say, it aint good, coz it's not deep/meaning/historic/ programme annoys me. Such a snobby thing to say. And very patronising. Implying that anyone who likes to have a laugh are dumb.

I'm rambeling again, aint I?
    Sorry :p
  • Options
    I'm just hoping C4 get Deadwood on soon; intelligent, tough, funny, dramatic with great direction, nudity, swearing, violence, guns and horses.

(Plus Lovejoy as the meanest cowboy ever to open a brothel)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    (Plus Lovejoy as the meanest cowboy ever to open a brothel)

Do you mean the LoveJoy who used to have a show about an antiques? I cant really see him opening a brothel.

As for the pap thats shown on T4, Dawsans Crack, Ally McSqweel etc. They're all rubbish, bland boring tripe.

We're winning the cricket, everyone should be watching!
  • Options
    alswearengen.jpg
  • Options
    I find cricket really boring to watch; it's never been a sport I liked. *shrugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    alswearengen.jpg

Is that the same bloke?
  • Options
    yep:eek:
  • Options
    He's running a brothel?! What kind of show is that?
  • Options
    It's a drama set in the old west... Ian McShane (Lovejoy) plays the guy who runs the illegal town in indian territory, including his bar, brothel and gang of murderers.

Top quality entertainment from HBO that the word is C4 just bought
  • Options
    Right, I cant imagine him doing that.

HBO does produce good stuff though, The Sopranos is super!
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't mind some of the stuff on C4 but all that American shit does my head in, its so cheesy and all these people saying "dude" and all that, arghh, get it off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Right, I cant imagine him doing that.

HBO does produce good stuff though, The Sopranos is super!

You are a god! The sopranos is the show me and dad watch together-such wonderful family viewing! Its good this series as one-steve buscemi! and two-its got the fbi story back into it more.

Dad said steve buscemi was in previous episodes in other series of sopranos-but I don't remember this? anyone?

The funniest scene ever this season- anthony junior and the bear "mommy mommy mommy" hehe major laughs!

My daft bro finds more obscure usa shows but his fave is the one early on c4 called "everybody loves raymond" which is typical american sitcom material!
  • Options
    Steve buscemi directed previous episodes of the Sopranos and OZ for HBO, but this is his first appearance as far as I know.