Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girl's & Horses?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    on a scratty 22-year-old pony with an attitude problem.

Why is it the older they get the more tapped and attitude ridden they get. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    there are ways around it.

you can part loan a horse with a person who can afford it, do all the dirty work and reap all the benefits.

or you can work your ass off as a free stablehand every spare hour of the week, and get all the free riding you like.

when i rode, none of the people i went with were rich. there were a few that were not poor, and could afford weekly lessons, but most came from run of the mill, working class families. they rode their bike to the stable if their families didn't have a car, or they walked. they helped out in return for a free lesson.

all the rich people had their own ponies in their back gardens, with grooms and stablehands to do all the work for them.

the rest of us worked 8am - 7pm saturday for a ride on a scratty 22-year-old pony with an attitude problem.

:yes: Exactly :yes:

I tried to post a reply with something similar yday but it wouldnt work so i gave up :p !

Im not from a rich family, i cant afford a horse of my own so when i was at school i would spend all of my free time working voluntarily at stables (ive worked at about 4 different ones) in return for free rides.

Infact at the last stable i worked at we didnt get paid or get free rides; this was because it was a disabled stables - they had the equipment for non disabled to ride but apparently the horses were "too tired after the lessons" which i thought was rubbish as some were hardly ridden if at all that day but the fact i got to spend time with the horses grooming them and bonding with them, working with them in lessons, plus the fact i was helping somehow to make the disabled kids/adults lives abit better was good enough for me!

I used to love coming home smelling of the stables and horses and now i like any smell that reminds me of it; whether that might be hay or horse manure - yes i am mad :p

The depressing thing is I havent had the time to work at any stables for the past couple of years :(
  • Options
    Re: Girl's & Horses?
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Ladies what exactly is the attraction to horses?

Girl's just seem to have such an affinity for them.

<singing>
    she'll be riding six white horses when she comes..

she'll be riding six white horses
    she'll be riding six white horses when she coooomes! :)
    </singing>
  • Options
    Re: Re: Girl's & Horses?
    Originally posted by dep
    <singing>

she'll be riding six white horses when she coooomes! :)
    </singing>
    they shoooot horses don't theyyyeayeeah.
  • Options
    I think it's the jodhpurs and the whip, to be honest.

Pony Club for all!