Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

High Society

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well when this Government is thrown out we'll bring back the gallows and transportation, that will sort out your lot.

I stand for none of that type of nonsense in my village, we have a cat-o-nine-tails and we use it. I own the town and the people and I can do what ever I dam well please!
  • Options
    Well I own a pig . . . and the same applies . . . well usually twice a day it does at any rate.

Being a peasant isn't all doom and gloom, there are some perks
  • Options
    Are you suggesting that you partake in sexual congress with your pig to take away some of the grinding misery of being poor?
  • Options
    I come across loads of rich people at work. Bastards don't get any better treatment off me :lol:

besides, I'm minted anyway, been saving £200 a month for about a year now, along with a matured premium bond hehehe.
  • Options
    Yes, yes, justice is blind, of course.

Apart from bail, or lawyers, or baristers, or sentancing....
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Donating money to charity does not a good person make. I donate regularly and I earn in a year what some people earn in a week, nay a day!

And alot of those people have gone to tons of schooling as well.

You don't think donating a 6 digit amount to a number of charities makes you a good person?? Well personally, I think it does because all that money is going for good causes.:yes: Everyone has their own opinion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    And alot of those people have gone to tons of schooling as well.

You don't think donating a 6 digit amount to a number of charities makes you a good person?? Well personally, I think it does because all that money is going for good causes.:yes: Everyone has their own opinion.

No, I don't think it makes someone a good person. I think being a decent all round person makes someone a good person. It is like suggesting we can't be good people unless we donate a six figure sum to charity. I bet these donations aren't anon either!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    No, I don't think it makes someone a good person. I think being a decent all round person makes someone a good person. It is like suggesting we can't be good people unless we donate a six figure sum to charity. I bet these donations aren't anon either!

I think it does make you a good person when you could be spending all this other money on materialistic things, and you're deciding to donate the money.

And yes, it actually is anonymous :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    I think it does make you a good person when you could be spending all this other money on materialistic things, and you're deciding to donate the money.

And yes, it actually is anonymous :yes:

One or repeated acts of giving money to charity doesn't make you a good person in itself.
  • Options
    just because you donate money doesn't mean that you are now off the list of being a stuck up dickheaded asshole. Its all about the person, not what they do with the money. Plus, donating x amount of money may seem like alot and that its the greatest thing, and yes, the charities recieving so much money is great, but if you look at the percentage of a persons income that they donate, its more than likley going to be just around the same percentage as a not so rich person. Its just they have more to give.

And another thing I dislike about rich people is when they have to go out of thier way to make sure everybody around them knows they are rich. They are still wasting air and space and I don't give a shit if they can afford nice things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    just because you donate money doesn't mean that you are now off the list of being a stuck up dickheaded asshole. Its all about the person, not what they do with the money.

Yes that's very true.