Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Mother of All Hypocrits!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    oh but he is. i was at a music event for primary schools in an inner-city area, some ill-informed twit of a music teacher had composed a song about him (dreadful it was) and the hapless young pupils were singing it

i've met some black ppl who've made slightly bitter comments about slavery, it's a facet of history, grim things happened then including the enslavement of white ppl by the Moors but hey, that's history

I doubt they'd have had a great life had they stayed in Africa

One song hardly makes a populist figure.

So you think enslavement, rape and murder is better than remaining untouched in Africa? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Black slave-trader in black honour-list

There he is. As Bob Marley-tile said you should know your history

Why are school pupils singing prases of such a minor(and flawed) figure anyway? Multiculturalism, that's why

What i meant was that the outcome for black ppl in the west now is possibly better than had slavery never happened given the parlous state of Africa(but then that's a hypothetical)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Black slave-trader in black honour-list

There he is. As Bob Marley-tile said you should know your history

Why are school pupils singing prases of such a minor(and flawed) figure anyway? Multiculturalism, that's why

What i meant was that the outcome for black ppl in the west now is possibly better than had slavery never happened given the parlous state of Africa(but then that's a hypothetical)
    [/QUOTE

I continue to study my History but knowing every black figure that every existed is beyond my powers.

Marley-tile :confused:

Its funny you make an issue of my lack of knowledge then question the point of children singing about a historical figure. Surely the song address3ed the situation.

As a History student I've studied many minor and flawed characters (in fact show me the person who has ever existed without flaws). The kind of teaching your condemning is the reason I grew up with understanding different religions and races and would go a long way to explain my lack of prejudices.

I take it, the school was multicultural.