Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Smoking a "working class pleasure"

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So we ban smoking because it can affect people around us, what about banning alcohol ? I mean lets face it alcohol is just as bad moreso if you have an alcoholic partner who beats the shit out of you because they get violent when drunk.
    Alcoholics cost the NHS a fortune, so really we could ban many things and before long there is going to be no pleasure left because anything you want to do will be banned.

Yeah, i go with ban everything and live a sad little existence.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    So we ban smoking because it can affect people around us, what about banning alcohol ? I mean lets face it alcohol is just as bad moreso if you have an alcoholic partner who beats the shit out of you because they get violent when drunk.
    Alcoholics cost the NHS a fortune, so really we could ban many things and before long there is going to be no pleasure left because anything you want to do will be banned.

Yeah, i go with ban everything and live a sad little existence.
    the more law ...the less justice.
    the more law ...the less freedom.
    we have our own taliban.
  • Options
    Ban people! The fucking cunts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    The fucking cunts.

Oy you sound like Andrew :D
  • Options
    Prince Andrew? The posh cunt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Prince Andrew? The posh cunt.

lol

im sure he will be around soon, unless he's out on the piss :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    its already illegal to beat the shit out of your partner :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    the more law ...the less justice.
    the more law ...the less freedom.
    we have our own taliban.
    well I agree with that in a way, but if theres no laws then nobody is going to do anything to protect others health off their own backs. My manager doesnt give a shit whether the people that work on the floor get lung cancer, hes sitting in his little office away from it all. All he cares about is making a profit. hes got no incentive to protect his workers at the moment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    its already illegal to beat the shit out of your partner :rolleyes:

Yes it maybe, but how many people actually press charges ?

Maybe i gave a bad instance there, but how I see it is that before long anything and everything is going to be banned.
  • Options
    I would say that alcohol is different, some of it can be enjoyed without any detrimental impact.

Consider that there are laws in place making it illegal to serve people until and when they are drunk and it is also illegal to do the dangerous things people can do when they are drunk.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Consider that there are laws in place making it illegal to serve people until and when they are drunk

so tell me why I on many occasions have seen people falling all over the place leaving a pub, or people being physically carried because they cant walk ?
  • Options
    Because whoever has served them was breaking the law.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Consider that there are laws in place making it illegal to serve people until and when they are drunk and it is also illegal to do the dangerous things people can do when they are drunk.....

Everyone ignores it though.