Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ronald Reagan Dies

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It would be one thing to 'celebrate the passing of a truly nasty, malicious and deranged man ' while he was active in doing what he was alleged to have done but to take comfort from the death of a very old and ill-man is cheap, vindictive, selective(lots of nasty old gits popping off, is is just those who pursued captalistic goals gets the leftist's goat?)

yes, Thatcher will die soon, Aladdin , and as a dedicated follower of political fashion you'll no doubtcelebrate with gusto
  • Options
    I'm not sad that he died, or happy. He means not much to me, but still, I'd still feel bad for anybody's family if they lost a member of their family. Even if I don't know them. Hell, people read books, they feel sad when something bad happens, it's part of being human. Sharing the loss. But like I said, I only feel sorry for them, I don't actually feel upset. Today was actually a great day for me :)

Anyway, why are we discussing whether it's right or wrong to feel bad or feel good about someone dying? What was this thread about again?
  • Options
    1. he was 97 - its not as if it was an untimely death.
    2. Hed completely lost it - its probably the best thing that he died.
    3. He couldnt even string a sentance together BEFORE he lost it.
    4. He was best buddies with Maggie Thatcher and she described him as her political soulmate.
    5. Everything Morrocan Roll and Aladdin said :yes: :yes:

I am shedding no tears
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    No , that would be you Aladdin.
    No matter how vicious the person, if it's 'one of yours' Matadore all is forgotten eh?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    It would be one thing to 'celebrate the passing of a truly nasty, malicious and deranged man ' while he was active in doing what he was alleged to have done but to take comfort from the death of a very old and ill-man is cheap, vindictive, selective(lots of nasty old gits popping off, is is just those who pursued captalistic goals gets the leftist's goat?)

yes, Thatcher will die soon, Aladdin , and as a dedicated follower of political fashion you'll no doubtcelebrate with gusto
    So once the man reaches certain age it's all great and good eh? We should all feel sorry... Or even better erect a statue.

Anyway, post me links reporting the deaths of all those other nastie oldies, and I'll crack open more bubbly if the passing is indeed worthy of celebration.
This discussion has been closed.