Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ronald Reagan Dies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thought it probably deserved a mention. Here (Only off my homepage though)

Im not to familiar with what he did to be honest so i can't really pass comment.

Comments

• Options
    he'll be shovelin' coal for the devil now ...right on the face of the furnaces.
  • Options
    Im not to familiar with what he did to be honest so i can't really pass comment

He was mayor of Barnsley from 1971-4

:rolleyes: :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck

I knew He was The President Idiot. I dont know what he did in his time in office though, at least not in depth anyway.

Just leave it out.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I suppose we'll have to put up with some of his films on TV now.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Him and old Mags were really pally right?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck

has a giggle!
  • Options
    champagne_cork.jpg
  • Options
    Absolutely dispicable.

The man fought Alzheimers bravely for years , and you are opening the champagne.

You disgust me.

My condolences to his family.
  • Options
    Ronald Reagan was a great President, he crushed the USSR (but that was the hope of all mankind wasnt it? the one 'socially just' state? :rolleyes: ) and presided over a massive economic boom.
  • Options
    Aladdin's comment was out of order, but, according to people who were actually around and lived in America at the time that I have spoken to, Reagan was hardly a saint.
  • Options
    Edited to remove offensive post*
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Ronald Reagan was a great President, he crushed the USSR (but that was the hope of all mankind wasnt it? the one 'socially just' state? :rolleyes: ) and presided over a massive economic boom.

Nice misreading of history there. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Absolutely dispicable.

The man fought Alzheimers bravely for years , and you are opening the champagne.

You disgust me.
    I agree. He's dead and I offer my sympathies to his family.
  • Options
    Nice misreading of history there

What would your interpretation be?

I can guess but id like to hear it straight from you.
  • Options
    Well if you're so clever and can guess my thoughts, then be my guest.
  • Options
    I can't find any information on him :confused: - I looked on the whitehouse.gov website and that was just on about how great he was, then another website was on about how crap he was. I guess there's no such thing as unbiased in politics?

Anyway, sympathies for his family, it doesn't matter what he did because he was a father and a husband (i think), and they have my condolences for their tragic loss.
  • Options
    Obviously its a loss for his family, which is sad, but I ain't mourning him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I can't find any information on him :confused: - I looked on the whitehouse.gov website and that was just on about how great he was, then another website was on about how crap he was. I guess there's no such thing as unbiased in politics?

He won a lot of public support in the US for lowering taxes and increasing the defence bugget which drew the USSR into an accelerated arms race and effectivly broke their system.

However, he was also involved in the Iran-Contra affair where the Reagan administration sold weapons to Iran and used to profits to fund right wing guerillas in Nicaragua.

The economic boom he was credited with also proved to be unsustainable, shown by the domestic backlash against President Bush Snr.
  • Options
    Well if you're so clever and can guess my thoughts

No need for intelligence , you are so predictable that predicting your views requires none.
    then be my guest

I asked you first , so spit it out...
  • Options
    You're not so clever then.

Figures.
  • Options
    You're not so clever then.

:rolleyes:

Grow up.
  • Options
    LOL! :D
  • Options
    i'm having a glass with aladin.
    the rest of you can shed your crocodile fucking tears with your misplaced emotions ...i'll also have a glass when huntley and thatcher go to hell.
    economic boom my arse!
    his massive increase in arms spending led to the vast majority of americans suffering a huge rise in unemployment and homelesness. welfare for the poorest sections 9of society was decimated.
    he was a ****.
    ...and the illegal contra stuff was funded behind congresses back by ...the cia developing crack cocaine and flooding poor black areas with the stuff.
    cocaine was always a rich mans drug before reagen need illegal billions!
    ...ask colonel oliver north!
  • Options
    Yep, the CIA were definitely involved in the cocaine trade during the Reagan years.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    your misplaced emotions

Not getting into the discussion of whether or not he was a good man, cause frankly I don't know too much about him, and couldn't care less.

But who the fuck are you to decide who's emotions are in the right, or in the wrong?
    Time and time again you give yourself the authority to decide on whats right and what's not, in what is a matter of opinion - not facts.
    Get of your high horse, and get real.
    Being that you're about 3 times as old as I am, I'd think it was about time you realised that just because you think so, it doesn't make it the truth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Not getting into the discussion of whether or not he was a good man, cause frankly I don't know too much about him, and couldn't care less.

But who the fuck are you to decide who's emotions are in the right, or in the wrong?
    Time and time again you give yourself the authority to decide on whats right and what's not, in what is a matter of opinion - not facts.
    Get of your high horse, and get real.
    Being that you're about 3 times as old as I am, I'd think it was about time you realised that just because you think so, it doesn't make it the truth.
    the cult of celebrity and the worship of strangers is misplaced emotional baggage ...simple.
    a princess dies and millions of people break their little hearts ...thousands line the streets and sleep in the streets overnight to wave a flag in the morning!
    that is misplaced emotional feeling as far as i'm concerned. that to me is one whole bunch of screwed up people!
    people slaging alladin off for wanting to raise a glass to the death of a second rate actor and third rate politician ...an evil and dishonest man and you attack him for raising that glass.
    oh he was a father and husband ...so fucking what? thats for his family to deal with not a bunch of strangers who's world was made ever more dangerous by the clown and his cronies.
  • Options
    Then what makes it more legitimate for you celebrate, than for others to mourn?
    Different sides to the same coin.

You have pretty much contradicted yourself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Then what makes it more legitimate for you celebrate, than for others to mourn?
    Different sides to the same coin.

You have pretty much contradicted yourself.
    point taken.
  • Options
    I make no apology for celebrating the passing of a truly nasty, malicious and deranged man who was responsible for so much death, corruption, wars and misery.

To all those who are so appalled, I look forward to your condolences when Saddam Hussein is executed... He's also a human being isn't he? :rolleyes:

From Grenada to his vicious evil death squads in Nicaragua to his corrupted international arms and drug dealing affairs to his rampant intolerance and homophobia, there is very little to speak of him in a positive light.

So good fucking riddance.
  • Options
    nasty, malicious and deranged man

No , that would be you Aladdin.
This discussion has been closed.