Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Age laws....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I really don't think you have a lot to be worried about. I'm not saying anything's definite but the police just don't really seem interested in cases like this, certainly not in my case anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Madgal99
    I really don't think you have a lot to be worried about. I'm not saying anything's definite but the police just don't really seem interested in cases like this, certainly not in my case anyway.
    did he get arrested or anything?... put in cells over night?
  • Options
    All they did was come to his house (where I was staying at the time) and spoke to both of us seperately, that was it. No police stations or cells involved.
  • Options
    From the way that i understand the law, whether i understand it right or not is another matter, that if the girl is within months of being 16 then the police don't take as much notice, especially if the guy is of a similar age, as they understand that at that age they want to try out the thing that they read in magazines, see suggested on film and tv, and hear older kids talk about.
    As you are older, it could be seen as more of a problem, but less than if you were say 30, cos then paedophilia would come into the situation.
    I dont think her dad would be able to convince the police into taking the matter further, due to the fact she consented willingly, and that it happened more than once. I dont think the cost for it to be taken any further would justify the mean.
    Yes it probably was a very stupid thing to do in the first place but what has happened, has happened and you can't change that now.

*feel free to shoot me if i have any facts wrong*
  • Options
    *jumps for joy and bounces about like tigger* its sorted... her dad aint gonna take things any further so long as we prove we are commited to each other and serious!!! :D:):D
  • Options
    That's brilliant, am happy for you both. Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ertrael
    *jumps for joy and bounces about like tigger* its sorted... her dad aint gonna take things any further so long as we prove we are commited to each other and serious!!! :D:):D
    Parents allways go mad and panic before they come round :yes: so u serious about this girl?
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Parents allways go mad and panic before they come round :yes: so u serious about this girl?
    i wouldnt have risked getting in that mess for nothing...
    i knew what the risks where when it happened and never stopped it..
    you never know i could get married the same time as you VV... double wedding :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ertrael
    i wouldnt have risked getting in that mess for nothing...
    i knew what the risks where when it happened and never stopped it..
    you never know i could get married the same time as you VV... double wedding :D
    ha ha! sure her dad would consent to that??
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    ha ha! sure her dad would consent to that??

Ouch! :D

Now I remember why I gave up my habit of going for the younger women. The mockery!
  • Options
    Just don't be pushed into a serious relationship with her because it's the easiest way to get out of a sticky situation right now. It's not going to make for a healthy relationship, and is likely to hurt one of you more (and prob piss her dad off more) if it all ends in tears soon... Not saying I don't believe you're serious about her - but just don't feel forced into feeling like that because of circumstances!
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Just don't be pushed into a serious relationship with her because it's the easiest way to get out of a sticky situation right now. It's not going to make for a healthy relationship, and is likely to hurt one of you more (and prob piss her dad off more) if it all ends in tears soon... Not saying I don't believe you're serious about her - but just don't feel forced into feeling like that because of circumstances!

I agree muchly, being pushed into a relationship to get out of a bad patch isnt a good idea, and in the long run generally wont work out. Neither is putting on a show of being together to impress parents and make them think things are ok. There are things they pick up on that you wouldn't believe....
    Anyway, that was off point.

Dont feel you have to do something if it isnt what you want. There are other ways to deal with stuff, without hurting the people you care about.
  • Options
    Hi there
    Just to clarify, sex with a minor (under 16) is against the law so yes, her father is within his rights to contact the police. It's up to the police whether they decide to investigate the situation. No one can speculate on what could happen, but what I would suggest is that you tell your parents as a way to try and calm the situation down. They are more likely to help you sort the situation out privately without getting the police involved. It will be hard telling them, but I'm sure you'll feel better if you do.
    Good luck
    Hannah x