Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Losing Weight

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Bunnykins

Also, you say you don't like raw veg but u like salad, do you cook your salad then?

Isnt that a bit picky?! Yes i like salad, i dont like veg raw that is normaly cooked.
  • Options
    change to wholemeal bread and pasta and brown rice. it has a lower glycemic index so in other words doesn't put on as much weight.
    replace a portion of your carbs at tea time with vegetables. it really does fill you up. stir frys are great too because you can use loads of beansprouts (which are cheap) and it takes longer to eat.

change to low fat options of margarine, cheese and mayo

perhaps during the day you could snack on ryvita or rice cakes.

after tea time i usually crave something sweet so i have red grapes (which apparently breaks down fat in the blood stream) or a yoghurt.
  • Options
    Doesn't oranges help to break down fat?
  • Options
    About the whole 'artificial sweeteners' idea...

I've been doing research into them and it seems to depend on which brand you go for. Splenda sweeteners are by far the best, and healthiest, with hermasetas the absolute worst....

Tweety, it sounds like you just need to cut down on your carb intake... you seem to eat a lot of potatoes and white bread for breakfast and lunch... if you cut down on the amount of carbohydrate you eat, then you'll see results. *HEALTHILY!!*

iLORA X
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    About the whole 'artificial sweeteners' idea...

I've been doing research into them and it seems to depend on which brand you go for. Splenda sweeteners are by far the best, and healthiest, with hermasetas the absolute worst....

Tweety, it sounds like you just need to cut down on your carb intake... you seem to eat a lot of potatoes and white bread for breakfast and lunch... if you cut down on the amount of carbohydrate you eat, then you'll see results. *HEALTHILY!!*

iLORA X

Cheers