Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

If you know .......

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I think your doctor is wrong. Get a form HC1 from the DSS and fill it in. AFAIK it depends on your income, i.e. how much student loan and parental help you get.
    I was a student between 1999 and 2002 with full student loan and no parental help and got free presciptions and dental treatment.
    There's a thread about this in Health at the moment actually. I get full loan and no fees (as they are means tested) and am in London. I filled out a form about 8 pages long and have been told that I can get help with wigs and fabric supports and stuff (basically things I don't need) but not prescriptions. I get about one every three weeks which by my maths works out at about £114 a year. I could get a pre-pay thing for £90 for unlimited prescriptions but how do I know if I'm going to be prescribed more than 14 items or not in the next twelve months?
  • Options
    BlackArab
    wasn't stamp duty abolished?

don't thinkso

one of the many not so invisible taxes much beloved of Nulab
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    There's a thread about this in Health at the moment actually. I get full loan and no fees (as they are means tested) and am in London. I filled out a form about 8 pages long and have been told that I can get help with wigs and fabric supports and stuff (basically things I don't need) but not prescriptions. I get about one every three weeks which by my maths works out at about £114 a year. I could get a pre-pay thing for £90 for unlimited prescriptions but how do I know if I'm going to be prescribed more than 14 items or not in the next twelve months?

The rules must have changed since 2002 then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    BlackArab

don't thinkso

I don't think you can blame New Labour for stamp duty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    BlackArab

don't thinkso

Your correct but according to inland revenue its over 300 years old so hardly hidden is it. This and the rest of the taxes you named are payable by all regardless of class/income surely, why complain about the effect on 'middle-earners' only?