Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suicide

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I just like the glory :p

Its not like you could enjoy it tho :s.
  • Options
    thought avout doing it yes.....................attempted it yes.......what stopped me? i don't really know remembering there are people who care for me and love me.
  • Options
    yes i've thought about it. why? because i was chronically ill and it seemed much too hard to get up every morning.

would i do it now? no.

why?

cause it's a fucking stupid thing to do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    yes i've thought about it. why? because i was chronically ill and it seemed much too hard to get up every morning.

would i do it now? no.

why?

cause it's a fucking stupid thing to do.

:yes:
  • Options
    I'm a wee bit worried about Shitdemon. Please tell us you are joking.
    I had depression and took two overdoses. Someone I was mates with at school committed suicide at 16 and I wish she'd held on because I know things would have got better for her. When I took my overdoses I couldn't imagine ever being happy again, but now I am more happy than I thought possible.
  • Options
    I have thought about it. I have tried. I don't know what stopped me succeeding - maybe I just don't mean it enough.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Suicide is the easy, selfish and cowardly way out of your problmes in almost all cases.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've also thought about it, how I'd do it and did attempt once but that was stopped due to my brother-writing a note to him, knowing how much my actions would destroy him stopped me.

Now I would NEVER attempt suicide-though the only way I'd do it now is going over Niagora falls, I've always said that jokingly as its one thing I'd wanna do before I die and I guess I'd die doing it.I'm not gonna though so don't worry!

I think if you did a survey offline too, most young peopke would say they've thought about it and I reckon a v high percentage would have also gone as far as almost going through with it.

I think we all have these daft thoughts about going out in a blaze of glory but theres a difference between admitting to them and planning stuff like that than just thinking it for a brief minute at a bad moment in time.

I hope no one on here ever does get that desperate that they end up doing something like the columbine killings, I'd like to think that this site would totally help stop something like this so if talking about it on here helps do so!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Suicide is the easy, selfish and cowardly way out of your problmes in almost all cases.
    In a way, I agree with you. It's selfish in as much as you don't stop to think about anyone else when you're desperate. But I don't think it's easy, nor cowardly.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by piccolo
    In a way, I agree with you. It's selfish in as much as you don't stop to think about anyone else when you're desperate. But I don't think it's easy, nor cowardly.

:yes: i agree. i wanted to do it as i thought it would solve all my problems a couple of years ago. however, i was too scared and cowardly to actually do it.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by piccolo
    But I don't think it's easy, nor cowardly.

Surely people most people kill themsleves because they see it as the easy way out - why else would they do it?
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    i wanted to do it as i thought it would solve all my problems a couple of years ago. however, i was too scared and cowardly to actually do it.

People who are suicidal are more afraid to carry on living they are to die. :confused:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Skive
    People who are suicidal are more afraid to carry on living they are to die. :confused:

for me, at the time it was a lose lose scenario. i couldnt decide if i wanted to die or live. i didnt know which would be better.

*shrugs* thats just how i felt at the time. now i know that it wouldve been a stupid thing to do, as kaffrin said. but at the time, when i felt that i could not go on then yes ... i didnt know which was the lesser of 2 evils.
  • Options
    That might be true, but I think it would take a lot of balls to commit suicide. I mean, once you start you can't stop half way through and decide you don't want to. And I don't think it's fear to keep living in a lot of cases. It's they don't want to face up to the responsibilities, or living is just too much hassle. I don't think anyone can ever understand it properly though unless they've been there, and I haven't so my comments are all conjecture.
  • Options
    i have loads of times because i was depressed for a lot of last year, i hardly ever do now but life can seem really bleak