Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Suicide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever thought about doing it? Why? what stopped you?

Comments

• Options
    Are you having suicidal thoughts at the moment?
  • Options
    yeah, in all honesty i frequently contemplated suicide, and there are days when i still do
    mostly girl-related, god i feel pathetic now
    these days it's more likely to be involving general irritation with the absence of any real place to go with life
    generally i stopped because i couldn't think of a good way to do it that would still leave organs for donation, and yet wouldn't be painful
    my best friend almost committed suicide.... took pills and then her parents found out and made her throw them back up
    again, you aren't having suicidal thoughts are you?
  • Options
    Not exactly. There's still alot I want to do before I die.
  • Options
    I had a very scary moment about last summer...It was a lovely sunny day and I was walking the dog but was feeling kind of morose.

I suddenly thought 'I may as well just kill myself' It was because I don't have belief in afterlife, or that we are here for any reason. A split second later I caught myself and pulled myself together - but I was shocked at how easy it is to think like that!
  • Options
    Yes, When i was still going out with danny. He made me feel so worthless and i began to self harm worse than ever. I started to collect packs of strong pain killers so that when i did finally get the balls to take them that would be it for me. i think i had about 500 pills in total.
    But ive chucked them all now and i dnt see him any more.
  • Options
    i had the old "life is stupid whats the point may as well just be dead" thoughts, but never seriously contemplated it. I would never have the guts to do it I don't think and also I feel that if life gets so bad you have to give up then why not give your life to something else rather than getting rid of it. That's what Buckminster Fuller did!
  • Options
    If I did, I'd make more of a show of it than just dying alone at home.

I'd probably text my suicide message to all my friends and family, and make a big anouncement on the internet.

Then I'd probably take pills (painless), or I might cut my wrists (more blood :)). I'd have to kill at least 1 person before I die though.

I'd do all this at school.

That would be an eventful day :)

But yeah, like I said... still got a few stuff I need to do before I die.
  • Options
    You worry me
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

that was not clever. i advise you to change that post.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    that was not clever. i advise you to change that post.

donededone. I read somewhere a while back there was a forum online about suicide and all these people gave each other hints on how to! Scary!
  • Options
    Yea i read about that too. It was mentioned on tv after the Ripper guy died on web cam.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ShitDemon420
    If I did, I'd make more of a show of it than just dying alone at home.

I'd probably text my suicide message to all my friends and family, and make a big anouncement on the internet.

Then I'd probably take pills (painless), or I might cut my wrists (more blood :)). I'd have to kill at least 1 person before I die though.

I'd do all this at school.

That would be an eventful day :)

But yeah, like I said... still got a few stuff I need to do before I die.

You obviously wouldnt want to kill yourself then because people who want to kill themselves do it quietly.
  • Options
    Not really, what about the people who jump off stuff and land on people or their cars. thats not quiet, thats pretty damn "hey look at me! im dying!"
  • Options
    A long time ago, I had suicidal thoughts, and even went so far as to attempt it, but in retrospect it would never have worked.
    My reasons were a past history that had started to haunt me, and pressures and bullying at a new school, blown out of all proportion through thinking about them too much.
    I was physically stopped by someone who walked in, and then talked sense at by a teacher until I was 'back to normal'.
    Every now and then, when I'm having a morose phase, I still wonder if the world wouldn't have been better off if I'd managed to go through with it, but in general, I know better now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Not really, what about the people who jump off stuff and land on people or their cars. thats not quiet, thats pretty damn "hey look at me! im dying!"

Thats just twats. :p I meant the way he was saying he'd do it. Slit his wrists coz theres more blood that way? Yeah, nice one. :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    You obviously wouldnt want to kill yourself then because people who want to kill themselves do it quietly.

not necessairly. suicide and attempted suicide (for the failures of the group) seem to be the popular thing in this town. granted theres not much else to do so hey, why not. some people do it quietly, you read about it a couple days later in the obituaries and think, damn, they are dead, huh. but then others make a nice scene out of it. you get the "popular" girls with the "horrible" lifes who slit their wrists and end in the hospital because they must have not been cool enough to go thru with it. you get the guy that shot himself while he was getting pulled over and the cop was only feet away, or the kid who made a huge scene infront of the texaco where the cops had to be called and a fucking negotaiter was brought out, but he shot himself anyways so it was all a waste. or the guy who jumped off a bridge into the river and screamed "help" on the way down as he flailed his arms. people do it and think about it in different ways. its not all kept on the downlow. hardly ever. you see somebody who is eventually going to kill themselves and you can see the signs.
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with severe clinical depression when I was 17 and went to a unit. I could give my life story (but have work soon), but in short I started off postponing my suicide for little things, small experiences. Like I'd force myself to have something to look forward to, or a little achievement to make.

I also changed my way of thinking from irrational to rational.
  • Options
    i was very depressed and sucidal until a few weeks ago, and had failed on 3 counts, so like moon rat i little things made me postpone it, but now i have desided that i have much more to life for than to die for, and i'm not really to sure if it really would be and escape....a surtain person saying that they loved me helped...:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    not necessairly. suicide and attempted suicide (for the failures of the group) seem to be the popular thing in this town. granted theres not much else to do so hey, why not. some people do it quietly, you read about it a couple days later in the obituaries and think, damn, they are dead, huh. but then others make a nice scene out of it. you get the "popular" girls with the "horrible" lifes who slit their wrists and end in the hospital because they must have not been cool enough to go thru with it. you get the guy that shot himself while he was getting pulled over and the cop was only feet away, or the kid who made a huge scene infront of the texaco where the cops had to be called and a fucking negotaiter was brought out, but he shot himself anyways so it was all a waste. or the guy who jumped off a bridge into the river and screamed "help" on the way down as he flailed his arms. people do it and think about it in different ways. its not all kept on the downlow. hardly ever. you see somebody who is eventually going to kill themselves and you can see the signs.

I think what Lisa means is when someone wants to die they don't want to advertise the fact in case someone tries to stop them. I know what you mean though - but I had assumed that the people who really did want to end their lives did it without telling a lot of people. There are cases when people want people to know they're going to die, I guess :confused: but often these are desperate calls for attention that go badly wrong. Not always though.
  • Options
    Yeah, I read somewhere that people who are serious about it do it quietly and by gun or jumping.... something you can't walk away from.

People who use pills, poisons or knives are just showmen who don't realy want to die.

Bollocks

I never said I would commit suicide, but if I did I'd want to make a big deal out of it. Something that says "look what you've driven me to you bastards!"
  • Options
    I never said I would commit suicide, but if I did I'd want to make a big deal out of it. Something that says "look what you've driven me to you bastards!"

But would that actually be an escape or just the ultimate attempt at revenge? Either way I've seen how even kids are and if they hated you in real life chances are they'll laugh at you if you killed yourself for their sake. (when I say you, I don't mean you personally) It's a tough world and some people are getting softer but some are becoming more coldhearted than before - killing for loose change and the like.
  • Options
    taking pills is not a painless way to die. overdosing means slow, long painful. if you do take enough you'll be in this pain until your organs start failing. in answer to the question, this time last year i was younger and "wanted" to kill myself.looking back i didnt have a fucking clue.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    taking pills is not a painless way to die. overdosing means slow, long painful. if you do take enough you'll be in this pain until your organs start failing. in answer to the question, this time last year i was younger and "wanted" to kill myself.looking back i didnt have a fucking clue.

i know someone who when they were 19 after a bad break up with a girlfriend he tried to OD on pills - he was on a pump for a week or something. then when he was about 50 he had a heart attack and is now on heart drugs permenently because of the damage the overdose did to him when he was younger.

lifes too short to bother killing yourself. may as well just enjoy life because tomorrow it might be gone anyway!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    But would that actually be an escape or just the ultimate attempt at revenge? Either way I've seen how even kids are and if they hated you in real life chances are they'll laugh at you if you killed yourself for their sake. (when I say you, I don't mean you personally) It's a tough world and some people are getting softer but some are becoming more coldhearted than before - killing for loose change and the like.

Revenge is the point. I'd much rather kill someone else than myself. If they hated me that's their problem, and if they laugh who gives a shit. If I hated them, I'd be laughing at them while I stand over their dead bodies. If I die in the process of a killing spree then it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    you see somebody who is eventually going to kill themselves and you can see the signs.

Are you saying that someone in my familiy should have seen the SIGNS that my dad was gonna do it?!!
    Some people are very clever & plan every detail & DONT let people know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety

Some people are very clever & plan every detail & DONT let people know.
    :yes: i'd say that many people would see totally fine and it would come as a huge shock. those who talk about it, are a huge worry, but at least they're communicating about it
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    :eek2:

very seconded.
  • Options
    I probably don't have the balls to do it, but if I do it'll be on the news :)
  • Options
    I probably don't have the balls to do it, but if I do it'll be on the news :)

Heh I've always wondered about that actually - to go out in style. But I wouldn't want to cause unnecesary suffering. More of a heroes thing would suit me, like diving into a river to save a drowning kid.

I just like the glory :p
  • Options
    Revenge is the point. I'd much rather kill someone else than myself. If they hated me that's their problem, and if they laugh who gives a shit. If I hated them, I'd be laughing at them while I stand over their dead bodies. If I die in the process of a killing spree then it doesn't really matter.
    you actually want to kill someone?! like.. you're planning to do it??