Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tv programs.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Have you actually seen it? It doesn't sound like it.

Er, yes. I wouldn't mention it if I hadn't.

It is a clever film, but it is still a bloodfest, no matter how "cartoon" the violence may or may not be. If it wasn't for the violence I would have probably quite liked it- violence like that really only makes me want to reach for the "off" button, but that is a matter of taste.

Violence if there is reason for it is reasonable, IMHO. The violence in Pulp Fiction tended to have a reason, as it did in Se7en. But a lot of violence does not appear to have a reason behind it, and just appears to be a thoughtless and talentless way of making a poor film do well at the Box Office; I think, again, of Hollow Man in particular. And the mysogyny in a lot of violent films is of great concern to a lot of people, not just the United Nations.
  • Options
    Tarrantino is talentless says Kermit. :eek:
  • Options
    and its a classic film

it's a portentious, bloated load of old tosh suited to spliffed-out pizza munchers after the pub (IMVHO)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Tarrantino is talentless says Kermit. :eek:

And now you can go off and quote me saying that...
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    it's a portentious, bloated load of old tosh suited to spliffed-out pizza munchers after the pub (IMVHO)

:lol:

Most films are:)