Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bring back the death penalty?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yes I think the death penalty should be brought back. If someone doesn't respect another's right to live, why should anyone respect that person's right to live? but i think they should make it 'innocent untill proven guilty' and not guilty untill proven innocent. that way, innocent people won't die.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Bring back the death penalty?
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Hmmmm...anyone spot the hypocrisy?

Yea, so.

I believe in some things and not in others, i'm sure you've done it before as well.
    Why i said I agree with death penalty was because when someone does a serious crime they eventually will be released. Now some crimes are horrendous and I dont feel they should be released back into society because there could be a chance they would strike again.

That's the jist of my view about it.

Life imprisonment SHOULD mean life though.

If this would be applied correctly then there would be no need for a death penalty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hey_ho_lets_go6
    yes I think the death penalty should be brought back. If someone doesn't respect another's right to live, why should anyone respect that person's right to live? but i think they should make it 'innocent untill proven guilty' and not guilty untill proven innocent. that way, innocent people won't die.
    even after having read all this thread!
    thats what brady and the likes want ...they never stop trying to kill themselves whilst the people they have to live with never stop trying to hurt them ...shipman escaped ...he couldn't take prison life after being a comfortable secure fellow ...he doesn't give a toss about what he's done but like most of them ...they find themselves in a living hell. why do them the favour ...huntley will vote for that today!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    even after having read all this thread!
    thats what brady and the likes want ...they never stop trying to kill themselves whilst the people they have to live with never stop trying to hurt them ...shipman escaped ...he couldn't take prison life after being a comfortable secure fellow ...he doesn't give a toss about what he's done but like most of them ...they find themselves in a living hell. why do them the favour ...huntley will vote for that today!

I agree wholly. I've actually discussed this with a few people and some have said that the death penalty will stop these criminals reproducing :confused: ... does that mean they believe that you are genetically predetermined to go out and kill a child?

As for the idea of bringing it back, it will cause too much trouble with liberals and will raise questions such as how far you have to go before you are to be executed... what would be the best method of execution? Will it be humane and nasty?

Would supporters of the death penalty be prepared to throw the switch of an electric chair themselves?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Would supporters of the death penalty be prepared to throw the switch of an electric chair themselves?
    theres always loads of them about! pc plum would i bet!
    all the facts seem to point to the worst convicted wierdo's wanting death more than anything ...death more than life in prison ...surely that tells you something? surely you come to realize your giving these guys the easy way out ...
  • Options
    The problem with the death penalty is that there are far too many cases where a miscarriage of justice has been carried out ie Guildford 4, Birmingham 3, Tottenham 3 thats ten innocent people who would have been put to death for crimes they didn't commit.
  • Options
    thats ten innocent people who would have been put to death for crimes they didn't commit.

And why were they picked on?

The British Government again.