Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Abu Hamza

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You don't live freely off our society though, do you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce

I used to be on benefits and involved in anti-capitalist politics. Should I be in jail or deported?
  • Options
    Is Abu-Hamza actually in receipt of state benefits? Can't find any reference to it with a Google search.
  • Options
    According to this
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/profile/abu-hamza.shtml
    he is in receipt of incapacity benefits.
  • Options
    You're a native-born Brit, he isn't so no, you can't be deported. i would look at his means of entry to UK very closely and given any anomaly deport him to one of his beloved islamic states who'll offer their traditional welcome to a long-lost son
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    You're a native-born Brit, he isn't so no, you can't be deported.

duh. Yes I know. Its what we call rhetorical.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    no. niether do the majority of immigrants ...they come here to work and improve the lives of their families which sounds a very sensible thing to do.
    i do have problems with people who come here becuase they hate us and are sworn to our destruction. get rid of the bastard ...by whatever legal means we have at our disposal and i'm sure we have them. unless of course ...MFI have him well tapped and are benefitting in some inteligence manner.
  • Options
    MFI have him well tapped and are benefitting in some inteligence manner

I doubt it, can't make a decent wardrobe to save their life
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    I doubt it, can't make a decent wardrobe to save their life
    hey ...someones with the programme! i was going to say they couldn't run a shop by all accounts lately.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Well if he's not breaking any laws, then whats the problem? Personally I can't stomach his views, but we can't just deport people because we don't like them.

Why not? He's here illegally, therefore he has committed a crime. We can deport him on that basis.
  • Options
    Has he applied for asylum though? And is the application still to be processed?
  • Options
    So whats the police view then? if he's broken the law, why is he not arrested?
  • Options
    That's down to the Metropolitan police, and you know how useful they are.
    As for his application, I've no idea whats happening with it. But that point alone sickens me. He shouldn't be allowed to appeal the decision. The only danger he is in is if he goes to Egypt because he is wanted on terrorism charges. But according to him there is only one nation of Islam, so send him somewhere else.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Why not? He's here illegally, therefore he has committed a crime. We can deport him on that basis.

He's not here illegally actually.

As I said - if he breaks the law then arrest him and prosecute him. But you can't arrest and deport him just because you don't like his views.
  • Options
    Why on earth would deportation be a good solution, he would simply go somewhere else. If he has legally come here then he is a legal citizen of this country and if he commits a a crime he should be arrested and pout in jail in this country, why is deportation even an option in this?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    That's down to the Metropolitan police, and you know how useful they are.
    As for his application, I've no idea whats happening with it. But that point alone sickens me. He shouldn't be allowed to appeal the decision. The only danger he is in is if he goes to Egypt because he is wanted on terrorism charges. But according to him there is only one nation of Islam, so send him somewhere else.

Don't knock the Met, I once lost a passport in London and they returned it in under a week :D
    re: Hooky, if he's facing the death penalty in Egypt we send him there as we don't deport people who face those circumstances.

Oh and don't say I never give you anything...

http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    re: Hooky, if he's facing the death penalty in Egypt we send him

Come on, New Order's last album wasn't that bad! ;)
  • Options
    :lol: Apparently the trial judge was feeling a bit down that day, must have been a blue Monday.............taxi :lol:
  • Options
    Many law abiding Muslims living in the UK also want him kicked out as he gives them a bad name.

Why does he get incapacity benefit, when he is obviously capable of preaching to thousands, he does not seem "incapable of working" to me?

It is so wrong, whether he is claiming benefits or not, free speech or not, he is infecting young peoples minds, many of whom are very perceptible to his anti West babble. If these people are so anti West, why are they happy to live here freely, why not go back to strict Islamic countries?