Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Schooooools Out

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Our school was still open, when most of the other schools in our area shut. They effectively trapped us in the common room all break; we weren't allowed outside because of Health and Safety issues making it too dangerous to walk around. How do they think I got to school in the first place!? Our headmaster is just determined to keep the school open so we look better than everyone else, but doesn't want people falling and injuring themselves, or he'd be forced to shut. :rolleyes: Ridiculous.
  • Options
    I slept in anyway :p
  • Options
    Round where I live it's quite hilly and cars trying to break just... dont at all. The roads are so bad they just slide. Been loads of car accidents (not that serious mind). So although there's only 2/3/4 inches of snow it's compacted on the roads and the grit isnt working and the cars are sliding :p
  • Options
    bunch of wasters.
    some of us go to school rain or shine, snow or floods.
  • Options
    I was the only school in Staffordshire open today. The Principal was " proud we could open when the state school were shut blah blah*cue random snobby comments*"

My friend came all the way from Leek ( about 26 miles away) yet another friend who lives 5 minutes walk didn't come in. And some people went home during the day in case the weather because worse closer to 4pm, even though all evidence pointed to the fact that the weather would be much, much better a 4pm! Slackers. Just because they live in crappy little villages they think they can stay at home and play on their PCs. I envy them.

School is closed tomorrow anyway for entrance exams for all the little kiddies. So I have the day off, rain or shine. 3 day weekend. :D