Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Schooooools Out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:hyper: who elses school is out :hyper:

SNOW DAY

woooohoooooooo who else has a day of school/college:)

if ya aint:( *points and laughs* haha

Comments

• Options
    huh? you've got the day off school cos it's snowing?:eek2:
    I thought it snowed all the time?! Surely you don't get every day it snows off? :eek2: :confused: :eek2: :eek2:
  • Options
    wooo yay yeah ive got the day off, well actually mine isn't closed, but my bus hasn't turned up so i came home, but i have the day off he he :D:p
  • Options
    Snow daybut I'm at school. :( I'm trapped. Gonna make a break for my house with my mates later methinks ;)
  • Options
    Yer my school is closed, im on my second snow day now, its all good!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    No days off.

work work work.

Waited 40 mins for my train too! then 20 for the tube .. nothing compared to some people! Lucky it wasn't cold is all I can say!

um maybe i missed some hidden sarcasm, are you trying to say that it was snowing, and it wasn't cold?
  • Options
    Stuck!!!!!!!!!

I'm stucck in school, Im gonna break out.
    The teachers are unusually happy, they like to see us suffer misrably bastards!!!:mad: :o :impissed: :banghead: :no: :yuck:
  • Options
    I don't feel cold easily.

I sleep underneath my open window with a ceiling fan on.

cold? bah - coats are for wimps :p

whinging pommes!

heh heh i don't feel the cold much but yeah snow! I don't think so brother, like i want it to snow here but i don't want the cold. I just reckon it'd look pretty!

and yeah whinging bloody pommies! grr...
  • Options
    White fluffyness which turns to black crushed ice overnight.
    lovely.

naw, it's great to walk through the snow - love it if I aint in me suit.

It's the wind that causes the coldness tho.

yeah it's fun to play in and walk on, i love the CRUNCH, and i like snowboarding, i'd like it more tho if i was good at it. I mean seriously, the teacher guy thought i was just mucking around and thought i was hilarious! NO MATE I WAS TRYING! it's so not my fault tho, must have been the board, yes that's it, it was the boardall five times i've been! :( they should get new boards. One's that come with instructions. yeah that'd rock.
  • Options
    Re: Schooooools Out
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    :hyper: who elses school is out :hyper:

SNOW DAY

woooohoooooooo who else has a day of school/college:)

if ya aint:( *points and laughs* haha
    its pathetic, the whole country comes to a bloody standstill with just a little bit of snow. The schools and playgroups round here are shut too, and its not even deep snow, theres like an inch of it! Its not as if Britain is known for its warm climate, so youd think wed be better prepared for a spot of snow a couple of times a year.
    We`d make crap eskimos.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Schooooools Out
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    its pathetic, the whole country comes to a bloody standstill with just a little bit of snow. The schools and playgroups round here are shut too, and its not even deep snow, theres like an inch of it! Its not as if Britain is known for its warm climate, so youd think wed be better prepared for a spot of snow a couple of times a year.
    We`d make crap eskimos.

:yes: Makes me laugh when I see the pictures on the news about how things were so bad in <insert town/city name here> that it took 6 hours for people to get home, the reception for Channel 5 was worse than usual and 3 people never got their evening paper delivered. In the Aberdeen area we are used to heavy snow fall around this time of year and are prepared for it. All you soft Southerners need to spend some time up here. :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Schooooools Out
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    :yes: Makes me laugh when I see the pictures on the news about how things were so bad in <insert town/city name here> that it took 6 hours for people to get home, the reception for Channel 5 was worse than usual and 3 people never got their evening paper delivered. In the Aberdeen area we are used to heavy snow fall around this time of year and are prepared for it. All you soft Southerners need to spend some time up here. :p

hee hee, well i have to say, if it snowed at my place, well it wouldn't so theres no point in being prepared *is aware you weren't refering to me*
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    [B In the Aberdeen area we are used to heavy snow fall around this time of year and are prepared for it. All you soft Southerners need to spend some time up here. :p [/B]

:yes:

i was in aberdeen a couple of years ago just after new year, and there was like a foot of snow, and everyone just carried on as normal.

and we still have no snow here.
  • Options

I got the day off school also :D bring on the snow
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    i haven't actually gone back to uni yet anyway - teaching doesn't start till the 2nd of feb *smug*

slacker :p

(i started yesterday, but i only have 8 teaching hours a week spread over 2 days, so i'm in all day wednesday and thursday afternoon, and get a 5 day weekend. so i can't really complain)
  • Options
  • Options
    heh, it means i have lots of time to plot snowball offensives on unsuspecting davids while they're out :yes:

so my time is wisely spent.

:lol:

stop hogging the snow.
  • Options
  • Options
    but it's mine!

and so pretty.
    so not fair, i never ever ever get snow. *sigh*
  • Options
    My school is the only one in the area which hasnt closed, even though the girls school opposite us has (apparently). God it probably wouldnt even close because of an outbreak of bubonic plague! Oh well im at home ill though (again):(
  • Options
  • Options
    My bus never turned up this morning, so i couldn't get in. The public buses were running though :confused: But as i only had one lesson, i didnt see the point in paying £3.65 for a return to town and back, especially when I've already had to pay for a school bus pass.
    We have about 2-3 inches of snow here, and everywhere looks so purty! But the sun is melting it all :(
  • Options
    We had snow last night, but the sun melted most of it :(

Not at school coz I slept in plus I had a sore throat anyways.
  • Options
    I like the snow, but it's shitty when everything suddenly closes down because of it. If it was on a Monday I would of been fine with it, but it's on a thursday :/ - And I needed to go to college today.
  • Options
    Our college is the only one in the midlands that seems to be open but everyone ive spoken to hasnt bothered goin in, however our college is so pathetic they shall shortly be ringin everyone askin where we are, ok we only had like an inch of snow but still the buses werent runnin properly.

sorry that was abit moany just frustrated with my stupid college tutor:mad:

Tigerlilly:wave:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    My school is the only one in the area which hasnt closed, even though the girls school opposite us has (apparently). God it probably wouldnt even close because of an outbreak of bubonic plague! Oh well im at home ill though (again) :(

I wonder if that means the floyd is closed :chin: they should have phoned me if it did. I didn't go in due to study leave. Ive got past the point where time off school is a novelty now.
  • Options
    im on a snow day :) its great..i should have had politics/german/english *sigh of relief*
  • Options
    Bloody hell. I hate this country. Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it!

6 hours at Victoria bus station. Would normally have been tucked up in bed by midnight, didn't get home until 6am. Okay, there are worse stories, but it's just so fucking predictable. Exactly the same thing happened last year too! *Learn* people, stay in or stay out or clear the snow or something. Jeebus. :yeees:

I'm tired and grumpy, and all the snow in Nottingham's melted. What a joke.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Schooooools Out
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    We`d make crap eskimos.

:yes: its like the whole city has come to a standstill, everything shuts and people are stuck on the main roads for 6 hours. And its only about an inch of show! :rolleyes: i spose its cos it freezes over...

well i cant really complain school is shut (im off school atm anyway but still)
  • Options
    Well schools out im bored and i feel down:( no ones coming out and i got nothing to do:(

anyway im not ment to be on the net.

bye