Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

boy racers lmao

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    no no no..not just spoilers or tinted windows..how about air filters inter cooler and turbo upgrades. got a whole racing system not just a loud muffler,

parts enclude a

- Hk turbo timer type 0
    - TurboXS Dual Controller
    - ACT Clutch Kit
    - Fidanza Flywheel
    - Webcam Camshafts
    - Perf Cat-Back
    - Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
    - K&N Filtercharger
    - K&N Typhoon Intake
    - Perf FMIC
    - IHI VF-22 (the turbo)
    - In-Line Oil Filter

So no it isnt some shitty boy racer car with a spoiler and loud muffler:rolleyes:

Someone found MaxPower.com :p Only kidding :lol:
    Seems like this conversation had a load of fun without me. I've seen the Koningsegg mentioned, very nice car indeed, turbo'd imprezas, still would get a whooping by my "matchbox-with-an-engine" so to speak. Those bloody MG ZRs are glorified versions of the OLD Rover 200, with a few fancy bits of fibre glass here and there to make it look prettier. Which is another thing which pisses me off about car manufacturers nowadays. Take the Volkswagon group of manufacturers, they released the Skoda Octavia, waited 6 months to see how popular it was, and as soon as they saw it was selling well, they took the badges of, changed them to Volkswagon Passat, added a few wood/leather bits to the interior, and bumped the price up 4-6 thousand pounds... cheeky buggers!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Someone found MaxPower.com :p Only kidding :lol:
    Seems like this conversation had a load of fun without me. I've seen the Koningsegg mentioned, very nice car indeed, turbo'd imprezas, still would get a whooping by my "matchbox-with-an-engine" so to speak. Those bloody MG ZRs are glorified versions of the OLD Rover 200, with a few fancy bits of fibre glass here and there to make it look prettier. Which is another thing which pisses me off about car manufacturers nowadays. Take the Volkswagon group of manufacturers, they released the Skoda Octavia, waited 6 months to see how popular it was, and as soon as they saw it was selling well, they took the badges of, changed them to Volkswagon Passat, added a few wood/leather bits to the interior, and bumped the price up 4-6 thousand pounds... cheeky buggers!!

The Koenigsegg is always going to suffer, because hardly anyone knows how to spell it.

Impreza's are very good performance saloons, but they're rally cars. If I'm not doing a rally, I'd like a bit of comfort. And I'm really not a fan of that blue-with-gold-wheels combination on the WRX STi.

Incidentally, I wouldn't knock parts sharing. The Octavia's more closely related to the Bora, which again is the little sister of the Passat. The VW Sharan, Seat Alhambra and some other car are all related to each other. But all it means is that prices come down. Sure, you don't get the love and attention of a hand-crafted car, but for everyday travel, who needs it? I'd rather have reliablity and easy-to-find parts. Personally, if I was buying a family saloon, I'd happily pay 4-6k just to not have a Skoda badge on my car. :p Old prejudices die hard.
  • Options
    Bradford = Home of boy racing wannabe gangster tards
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    ..., I'd happily pay 4-6k just to not have a Skoda badge on my car. :p Old prejudices die hard.

Heheh exactly. Personally, when i get my life sorted, lots of things on at the moment, I will be purchasing a Ford Focus. Never been a HUGE fan of ford, but i like the new focus rs. either that or (wait for it... just preparing myself for humiliation) i want VW Golf :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bennie
    Bradford = Home of boy racing wannabe gangster tards

not as bad as wakey.

here they employ special wardens at KFC and the industrial park and the retail park to keep the bastards out, cause there are SO many.

why do they all hang out outside KFC? does having a boy racer mentality go hand in hand with a love of chicken?
  • Options
    (wait for it... just preparing myself for humiliation) i want VW Golf :)

Ah, but which Golf?

1.6 or anything TDI and the holiday spirit will evaporate. But Golf's a class cars, reliable as shit, strong, stocky, last forever, comfortable...Mum used to have one, and it did its job without an ounce of complaint.

Focus RS is getting a little bit long in the tooth. Between the RS, Golf R32 and the Civic Type R, the Civic would win at this stage. But only cos I have a thing for nice shiny things. :D

(Does anyone else feel that there are huge numbers of members that feel this thread is petty, geeky and boring?)
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    not as bad as wakey.

here they employ special wardens at KFC and the industrial park and the retail park to keep the bastards out, cause there are SO many.

why do they all hang out outside KFC? does having a boy racer mentality go hand in hand with a love of chicken?

What do the wardens do? Stand by the Drive-thru and ask people if they are there for the driving or the chicken?

And KFC ties in with the Rude boy image, as does driving around in a sexed-up Nova. It's as if they are too cool for Burgers, and want to be more American or something *shrugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    What do the wardens do? Stand by the Drive-thru and ask people if they are there for the driving or the chicken?

no, they just call the police if they see anyone pulling handbrake turns in the car park.
  • Options
    I would love a 16v GTi, and as for the honda, I'm an anti-honda person, and if you lived in Gibraltar, you would know why!
  • Options
    I would love a 16v GTi, and as for the honda, I'm an anti-honda person, and if you lived in Gibraltar, you would know why!

GTi's are the bomb. Though I prefer the Mk I and II GTis, I wouldn't say no to any of them. :)

Care to explain the anti-Honda stance?
  • Options
    In Gib we have 3 kinds of car fanatics:

1. Standard people who like their vehicles, keep them running nice, possibly add a nice bumper and skirt set, nothing silly
    2. Your standard boy racer, huge woofer, for rattling the handle on his boot, and the rear shelf.
    3. What we commonly refer to as "vradas" due to the way they pronounce the word "brother" as most of them have a very shit command of the english. Now this select group (a good couple of thousand of the 30,000 total population of gibraltar) all drive honda fucking civics, any model, any year, silly spoilers, the majority painted a completely different colour to the car (shocking pink body and lime green spoiler civic drove past me on the way to work this morning), huge sound systems running of one 250watt amp, which sound crap, a huge "can" as that is all it is, normally, they cut back the thin exhaust a few inches, and then stick this huge fucking can on the end, as you can imagine, drastically improving their vehicle! Grrrr i could go on, but you really wont get the idea unless you came to Gibraltar.
  • Options
    Another thing I find most amusing is people who stick a ridiculously oversized stereo into a shitmobile. So what happens is that you hear "THUD THUD THUD THUD" and look round and see this pokey little boy racer car with a vast end stuck onto the tiny exhaust.

It just boggles me that the drivers actually think it makes them look cool. Geez, learn something, even if you had the world's fastest car, sticking a fuck off stereo in it and playing shit dance music reallyreally loud wont make it better.
  • Options
    I went out with a boyracer for 3 years, I think I deserve some sympathy :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith

Support group :yes:
  • Options
    Well personly i cant drive but the people in my family who can would own you,

Sister and sisters bf - subaru impreza 2.0L TURBO flat four and a Astra GTE cabrolete 1.8 4inline 16V

sisters bf brother - 2.0L astra GTE 16V

brother - Mg ZR 1.8 16V

All these cars have been modded,

so not all boy racers have crap cars:rolleyes:

Oh god. Im just so jealous of you and your family.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Heh I'm gonna get a helicopter. Own every single one of you. [/dreams] :p

edited to add: why is it important to go faster than other people? :confused: in cars with loads of bits stuck on etc? Why can't people just enjoy the journey? Ah I'd take a luxury/executive car anyday with all the modcons inside.
  • Options
    not wanting to piss on your bonfire too much here but:

subaru impreza 2.0L TURBO -- unless its a wrx or wrx with the prodive kit its not really worth thinking about, if your gonna do it, do it properly

Astra GTE cabrolete 1.8 4inline 16V & 2.0L astra GTE 16V -- they are vauxhauls pal, you can't polish a turd thats got half of halfords glued or bolted on to it!!

Mg ZR 1.8 16V -- its a badged rover, and rovers havent been good since.. well yes

now i drive a modest fiat punto, i dont have anything flashier since a i cant afford it, and b i dont really need it, its a good nippy well handling small car

dream car would have to be a jaguar xk180, but it will never be made, but as clarkson said, jaguar have made a road going fighter plane, you havent heard a good car till youve heard this one as far as im concerned.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    why is it important to go faster than other people? :confused: in cars with loads of bits stuck on etc? Why can't people just enjoy the journey? Ah I'd take a luxury/executive car anyday with all the modcons inside.

i would too. so what if your car does 180mph. you can only do the speed limit, like everyone else.

if i was gonna spend a lot of money on a car (which i probably wouldn't) i'd buy something comfy over something fast. or something like mr. kaff's dad has (citroen C5, i think) which has every clever little gadget in the world.

but atm, the only thing i look for in a car is intermittent wipers. my car doesn't have these and it drives me mental.
  • Options
    Me and my friends are into modified cars but don't go 'cruising' with the boy racers. I have a 17 year old Sierra XR4x4 with a 2.8V6 and a turbo conversion and my best mate has a 15 year old Cavalier which we put a 16v 2.0 in and throttle bodies. Both our cars look pretty stock and we often spend the evenings luring boyracers into trying it on and making them look very silly.
  • Options
    i would too. so what if your car does 180mph. you can only do the speed limit, like everyone else.

if i was gonna spend a lot of money on a car (which i probably wouldn't) i'd buy something comfy over something fast. or something like mr. kaff's dad has (citroen C5, i think) which has every clever little gadget in the world.

but atm, the only thing i look for in a car is intermittent wipers. my car doesn't have these and it drives me mental.

heh. get one with rain sensitive wipers. They kick ass. It's actually a lot more useful than you might imagine. You drive, you notice it spotting so you click the wipers, if the rain gets worse, the wipers speed up, if it stops, the wipers stop. Lovely.

The citroens do have lots of gadgets for their price, but I hear they are most unreliable, and the pedals in them are not level, which is just, well, stupid.
  • Options
    What so you wouldnt want to own an impreza?:confused:

there LOVELY:) and a 2.0L turbo impreza is faster than a Audi A6:rolleyes:

i wouldn't want an impreza unless i was going to start a rally team because basically thats all they're good for

and the audi a6 is a fucking beast of a car when it's standard setup but when it's a quattro, then its even better :D
  • Options
    Drive sensibly folks....too many people die coz there's boy racers tearing around villages up and down the country.

Who gives a fuck what car you've got.

I was at some lights the other week when a kid who i used to got to school with pulled up along side me (he was a twat in school and looks like a twat now with his supped-up corsa)

He starts revving up his engine next to me. So I rev up old Beyonce(my affectionate name for my s-reg fiesta). Lights turn green and the prick stalls.....I laffed so much!!!:D Next set of lights...he runs a red light and nearly hits another car! He really showed me!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    heh. get one with rain sensitive wipers. They kick ass. It's actually a lot more useful than you might imagine. You drive, you notice it spotting so you click the wipers, if the rain gets worse, the wipers speed up, if it stops, the wipers stop. Lovely.

*eyes light up*

i'd definitely splash out on a car with them.

my car has three wiper speeds - very fast, stupidly fast and stop.

you can't get a car that automatically does the lights for you and turns them off when you park, can you, cause i always leave my lights on :/
  • Options
    *eyes light up*

i'd definitely splash out on a car with them.

my car has three wiper speeds - very fast, stupidly fast and stop.

you can't get a car that automatically does the lights for you and turns them off when you park, can you, cause i always leave my lights on :/

I think that the citreons have light sensitive lights that will come on automatically, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure about ones that turn off automatically. I don't think any do that because it could be dangerous.
  • Options
    the new j lo style renault megane i drove in mallorca in the summer had rain sensitive wipers, and also when you went through tunnels and stuff it switched the lights on automatically, i wasnt impressed that were we getting one, but its an awesome car, the keyless start is quality a proper toy, insert the credit card thingy and push a start button
  • Options
    The Koenigsegg is always going to suffer, because hardly anyone knows how to spell it.

Impreza's are very good performance saloons, but they're rally cars. If I'm not doing a rally, I'd like a bit of comfort. And I'm really not a fan of that blue-with-gold-wheels combination on the WRX STi.

my sisters car is silver and it isnt the WRX its a R(then a number not toatily sure)

anyway its apparently the fastes impreza you can buy on the market, the mods are wicked and its a lovely car, shes spent well over 7K on it without the cost of the car..but i guess when she has the money to spare it doesnt matter:)

but the ride is smoothed its been lowered and the interior is superb, its the apparently the best impreza on the market.
  • Options
    The VW Sharan, Seat Alhambra and some other car are all related to each other.

That'll be the Ford Galaxy then :)

Fancy a passenger ride in my car when I get it? I need a trophy to sit in the passenger seat.

I'm only kidding ladies I don't really mean it:blush:
    Originally posted by MWF
    Both our cars look pretty stock and we often spend the evenings luring boyracers into trying it on and making them look very silly.

Real wolf in sheeps clothing or 'street sleeper' as it's also known.
    Originally posted by Mist
    I think that the citreons have light sensitive lights that will come on automatically, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure about ones that turn off automatically. I don't think any do that because it could be dangerous.

Yes they do exist & many new cars have them. They principal of how they work is similar to street lamps where they have a little sensor on the top of the lamp to detect whether it is dark yet. Obviously the sensors on a car are more sensitive like it may be daylight out side but the lights will come on dimly if you enter a tunnel & then when you exit they will automatically turn them selves off.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Me too, Im engaged to one :yeees:

Although since meeting me he's grown out of it a bit, Im a good influence :D