Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

boy racers lmao

Boy racers make me laugh so much. They waste all their money on extras for their cars when they could just buy a decent car.

I was at some traffic lights yesterday when I heard "thump thump thump thump" from behind. Looked to my left and a fucking battered J-Reg Citroen pulled up next to me, complete with "phat" exhaust, blue lights and alloy wheels, with the obligatory 4 occupants wearing burberry caps inside all looking at me.
The driver then started revving his engine at me, but unlike a race car it sounded like a lawnmower.
The lights changed to green, and you should have seen this guys determination.....
I pissed all over the bastard and left him standing without doing anything different to what i normally do at lights.

Boy racers and townies, 1 rule.
A 1.1 litre J-Reg saloon CANNOT beat a 1.4 W-Reg hatchback in a race :lol:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hehehe, i taught a fiesta 1.0 not to rev its engine at my 250cc scrambler, last i saw of it, it was dying on one of the steep hills near my birds house, in my wing mirror
  • Options
    3.0L.

Own the lot of you. :D
  • Options
    And what car would that be? Personally, my dream car doesnt need a huge engine, infact, the 1.3 litre version would probably whoop the pants off your 3.0 turtle ;)that would be the caterham 7 superlight R500 with a hayabusa 1300 engine thank you very much... mmmmmmmmmm *drools on self*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    And what car would that be? Personally, my dream car doesnt need a huge engine, infact, the 1.3 litre version would probably whoop the pants off your 3.0 turtle ;)that would be the caterham 7 superlight R500 with a hayabusa 1300 engine thank you very much... mmmmmmmmmm *drools on self*

Heh. Couldn't argue with that, but Caterhams are just glorified go-karts. My 3.0 is an Audi A6 quattro, a big ass station wagon. Not mine, per se, but we ignore that fact.

(Incidentally, if we're talking about dream cars, the Porsche Carrera GT figures highly. Whilst no match for your Matchbox-with-an-engine off the lights, it does at least have the virtue of having a roof.)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

the Porsche Carrera GT

*swoons*
  • Options
    Porche GT : £400,000
    Caterham: £30,000 (if you do the full works with all the special little bits and pieces, i know someone who built one for £11,000)

Also, if we are going to go into supercars, id take a host before the caterham. F50, Zonda, etc etc
  • Options
    DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
  • Options
    Well I'm quite happy with my Ford Fiesta thankyou very much. It's more powerful than the army of Novas that the burberry ones can muster and it's not too powerful that it gets me pulled over by the police.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Porche GT : £400,000
    Caterham: £30,000 (if you do the full works with all the special little bits and pieces, i know someone who built one for £11,000)

Also, if we are going to go into supercars, id take a host before the caterham. F50, Zonda, etc etc

Stop being rational. Takes all the fun out of it. :p
  • Options
    Koenigsegg > all.
  • Options
    you all say boy racers suck - but going along a A-Road at 110 mph with 3 subs in the back blasting out loud music is one of the best experiences of your life :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    you all say boy racers suck - but going along a A-Road at 110 mph with 3 subs in the back blasting out loud music is one of the best experiences of your life :)

yes. Such a shame your oh so pointless existence will end being wrapped around a tree. Oh well. Do try not to take anyone else out with you, won't you. There's a good chap.

:crazyeyes
  • Options
    doubt it.
  • Options
    My favourite part of boy racers having their little drive down a residential rode at 70 mph is when they are faced with a junction and a tree. They always seem to choose the tree! However it's more than a little annoying when they take pedestrians down with them ( hmm, double meaning.)
  • Options
    Caterhams may well be fast, but there's nowhere to put the shopping. Personally, I'd like an Overfinch Range Rover. Not only will it destroy any bespoilered Novas at the lights, but it will do so while carrying 5 people, a wardrobe and a dog.
  • Options
    3.0L.

Own the lot of you. :D

Well personly i cant drive but the people in my family who can would own you,

Sister and sisters bf - subaru impreza 2.0L TURBO flat four and a Astra GTE cabrolete 1.8 4inline 16V

sisters bf brother - 2.0L astra GTE 16V

brother - Mg ZR 1.8 16V

All these cars have been modded,

so not all boy racers have crap cars:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Heh. Couldn't argue with that, but Caterhams are just glorified go-karts. My 3.0 is an Audi A6 quattro, a big ass station wagon. Not mine, per se, but we ignore that fact.

(Incidentally, if we're talking about dream cars, the Porsche Carrera GT figures highly. Whilst no match for your Matchbox-with-an-engine off the lights, it does at least have the virtue of having a roof.)

oh if were talking bout porsche i would love an old 356b :) or the new 911 carrera gt2

or a 944 and old spider

I :heart: porsches
  • Options
    Funny boy racer type website

My lime green Vauxhall Nova with a calibra 2.0 Turbo engine conversion, jap bodykit, green led washer jets & green neon's will piss on any of your cars.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    i mistook you for a respected poster ...black arab ...you nicked his av!

when i pull up behind a nova with a fat pipe and trimmings i wonder what kind of message the occupant thinks he's sending.
    i'm a nob head comes to my mind.
    what realy pisses me off is those rear window stickers ...'NO FEAR'. what the fuck is all that about? if i jump out and threaten them with my ever ready rounders bat ...i'll put money on it i could make them remove the sticker there and then.
    no fear my arse.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    still isn't '3.0L' though is it?

and personally I wouldn't admit to any of the above :lol:

What so you wouldnt want to own an impreza?:confused:

there LOVELY:) and a 2.0L turbo impreza is faster than a Audi A6:rolleyes:
  • Options
    do people actualy get envious when a more expensive car pulls up beside them at the lights? if so ...it's a bit sad innit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    do people actualy get envious when a more expensive car pulls up beside them at the lights?

i feel kinda smug when a person in an expensive car pulls up next to me. the feeling of 'my car cost less than my computer, and it still gets me everywhere i want to go, albeit a lot more slowly'. but i don't need to rush. i don't want to give myself a coronary.

and it really tickles me when people try to race me at lights. like they've failed to notice what i'm driving. my car's engine is 954 cc. if it were any smaller it'd be a moped. and it has all the acceleration of a ride-on lawnmower. yes, you are going to pull away from the lights quicker. congratulations.

my brother races people like this. he's such a cock. and guess who in the family has 9 points on their license. i'll give you a clue. it isn't me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

like they've failed to notice what i'm driving. my car's engine is 954 cc. if it were any smaller it'd be a moped. and it has all the acceleration of a ride-on lawnmower. yes, you are going to pull away from the lights quicker. congratulations.

i had a fiat 500 in the late seventies ...that realy was a lawnmower! it could go from nought to seventy in about fifteen minutes ...one of the most treasured and fun cars i ever owned. trouble was ...i was to tall for the thing and could only drive it with the sunroof open. looked a bit odd.
    i've also owned a few beetles ...great character and fun.

i
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

i've also owned a few beetles ...great character and fun.

i'd LOVE a beetle. or an old school mini. they'd be just the right size for me too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i'd LOVE a beetle. or an old school mini. they'd be just the right size for me too.
    the good thing about the old minis ...at six foot two i had loads of headroom ...which in some modern cars ...especialy toyotas is sadly lacking. my sister in law owns a very nice toyota something or other ...sporty ...classy ...i've had to park it a couple of times and there is just no way i could drive the thing down the road with my head sqaushed down at almost a right angle. old minis are amazingly roomy and fun.
  • Options
    So what do we call girls who do silly stuff like pose and all that crap :confused:

I saw a lass putting lipstic on while she's driving, then pissing with her hair then on her phone......divvy mare eh !!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Well personly i cant drive but the people in my family who can would own you,

Sister and sisters bf - subaru impreza 2.0L TURBO flat four and a Astra GTE cabrolete 1.8 4inline 16V

sisters bf brother - 2.0L astra GTE 16V

brother - Mg ZR 1.8 16V

All these cars have been modded,

so not all boy racers have crap cars:rolleyes:

My nice comfortable Audi would have problems with the Impreza, but that's okay, because I'd still be sitting in an Audi. I'd probably just turn the seat-heating up a notch.

Astra? Cabriolet? 1.8? As you wish. :) Ditto the 2.0l. And an MG ZR might beat me off the lights, but I'd make it to the next set without bits falling off my car. Hasn't anyone realised they only make those so MG has a decent car to enter into the WRC? And you don't even want to talk about top speeds...

Which part of the cars have been modded? Adding a spoiler wont make it go faster. In fact, it just adds wind resistance. None of these cars go fast enough to create enough down-force to warrant having a spoiler on there in the first place. Tinted windows? Again, believe it or not, it wont make the car go faster. It just makes the lamp post they're heading for appear too late to do anything about. Exhausts? Whoopee doo dah. It just makes a car seem like it's missing its muffler.

Sorry boyo, but I can defend my dear car on pretty much any grounds you want. What it lacks in performance (not much there), it makes up in style, comfort and engineering. It may only be mine to drive, but I'll drive with pride.

Of course, I'd still trade it for an RS6...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    So what do we call girls who do silly stuff like pose and all that crap :confused:

I saw a lass putting lipstic on while she's driving, then pissing with her hair then on her phone......divvy mare eh !!!
    women drivers ...
  • Options
    My nice comfortable Audi would have problems with the Impreza, but that's okay, because I'd still be sitting in an Audi. I'd probably just turn the seat-heating up a notch.

Astra? Cabriolet? 1.8? As you wish. :) Ditto the 2.0l. And an MG ZR might beat me off the lights, but I'd make it to the next set without bits falling off my car. Hasn't anyone realised they only make those so MG has a decent car to enter into the WRC? And you don't even want to talk about top speeds...

Which part of the cars have been modded? Adding a spoiler wont make it go faster. In fact, it just adds wind resistance. None of these cars go fast enough to create enough down-force to warrant having a spoiler on there in the first place. Tinted windows? Again, believe it or not, it wont make the car go faster. It just makes the lamp post they're heading for appear too late to do anything about. Exhausts? Whoopee doo dah. It just makes a car seem like it's missing its muffler.

Sorry boyo, but I can defend my dear car on pretty much any grounds you want. What it lacks in performance (not much there), it makes up in style, comfort and engineering. It may only be mine to drive, but I'll drive with pride.

Of course, I'd still trade it for an RS6...

no no no..not just spoilers or tinted windows..how about air filters inter cooler and turbo upgrades. got a whole racing system not just a loud muffler,

parts enclude a

- Hk turbo timer type 0
    - TurboXS Dual Controller
    - ACT Clutch Kit
    - Fidanza Flywheel
    - Webcam Camshafts
    - Perf Cat-Back
    - Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
    - K&N Filtercharger
    - K&N Typhoon Intake
    - Perf FMIC
    - IHI VF-22 (the turbo)
    - In-Line Oil Filter

So no it isnt some shitty boy racer car with a spoiler and loud muffler:rolleyes:
  • Options
    My 3.0 is an Audi A6 quattro, a big ass station wagon.

What about a 1.8T Audi TT Coupe?

TT=BHP=180 TOP MPH=140 0-60=7.3

A6=BHP=216 TOP MPH=148 0-60=7.6

Only beats it on 0-60 but not bad for something with 8MPH less & 36BHP less aswell.

It is one of these beasties:

2494_avant1.jpg

.:Crispy:.