Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Religous help...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I do believe in an omnipitent being, whether it be a God, or unatural force and such. I like to have a little faith and a smidgent of belief. I think it's nice.

I like Dogma's version of heaven, it'd be cool if everyone was like that. :chin: Wishful thinking, I reckon. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz

Rolly..

all i ever aswk god for is forgiveness and strengh. strengh to get through my pain and hardship. yes it may not be as hard as some have had but to me its killing me. i ask god for the stregnh to get though it..yet i dont see no reply..

i feel like a lost little sheep.
    your problems might seem miniscule to others ...theirs to you. whatever our pain ...it's pain full stop.
    if your asking for strength to get through it ...what do you expect to actualy see? you are getting through it but ...you can't expect to be pain free ...the human condition is pain.
    read the book of job in the bible ...now theres a guy who went through shit but ...still kept praying till it all worked out.
    the god of the bible does expect certain things from you before he listens to your prayers. going to church isn't one of them.
    having faith is ...if god just answered everyones prayers ...be a bit like phoning for a pizza! i'm sure he does answer those who stick with it. if you didn't stick with it ...how could you prove how strong your faith in him is?
    it might not be the right time in gods eyes to answer the way you want ...or more importantly need. he may have already kicked off a series of events that haven't touched you5r life yet but will ...if you prove your faith and patience ...
  • Options
    God answers.. you're just not listening! He's not going to say hello Graeme, he's not going to chat to you about the football, or even your problems with your mum. In fact, he's not going to say anything. The only way I've ever communicated with god is by putting into myself the spirit of what I beleive god represents - that is happiness, love, truth etc etc etc you know - it makes me happy, and gives me a sense of worth, and just, works for me.

Everything you love about god, put it into yourself for just one day, or at least, try it...
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    God answers.. you're just not listening!
    wrong! very wrong aproach to a mans pain and his relationship with his god.
    maybe god has decided that to answer the prayers in the way YOU would like them answered is more detrimental to you than good at this moment in time ...