Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Religous help...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry if you find this thread annoying but i dunno where to put it...

i pray to god every single night...for years i prayed. then i lost my faith but i gained it again.

i pray to god.. he never arnswers..i feel so alone like he deserted me..he doesnt care or want me.... i feel lost and alone.. like he doesnt need me..

:crying: i dunno what to do anymore...

Comments

• Options
    Re: Religous help...
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Sorry if you find this thread annoying but i dunno where to put it...

i pray to god every single night...for years i prayed. then i lost my faith but i gained it again.

i pray to god.. he never arnswers..i feel so alone like he deserted me..he doesnt care or want me.... i feel lost and alone.. like he doesnt need me..

:crying: i dunno what to do anymore...
    which god you praying to?
  • Options
    Im a christian....CoE
  • Options
    To be honest I don't believe that any God, religion, advice you get from us here, will ever help you before you're fully aware of the problems you're having, and fully wanting to recover and better for yourself, and not for others.
    When problems can't be solved it's cause there's an obstacle, most often within one self.
  • Options
    I don't know what to tell ya because I'm not a Christian myself, but from what I know is that he doesn't always answer you right away and that you will find the answers sometime in your life if you keep searching for them.

That's what I have been told anyways.

~Blessed Be~
  • Options
    Well i been asking for help for 15years and have i had any. no.. i been alone and im sick of walking life alone..hes never been there...yet i still believe in him..:(
  • Options
    My personal perception of God is that yes there is such a thing. But people are to busy personificating him/her/it to realise that God is nothing more but some kind of power or strength, knowledge you might say. I have a twisted idea of what he/her/it is, but one thing for sure, whatever he/she/it is, human still have free will to some extent and are therefore responsible themselves for whatever happens in their lives.
    When people say they've found God they don't mean it as if, God has spoken to them, but merely that they've found a pathw hich suits them in life.
  • Options
    Im a Roman Catholic, Christian. I was brought up to beleive in God. Most of the time, 95% of me doesn't, but theres still that 5% that hopes there is a God and Im quite scared that if I dont say my prayers at night then I dont know what will happen. Sometimes I cant fall asleep unless I say my prayers. I do beleive that we are tested on earth to have faith and at the end, we shall be rewarded for that faith. I dont care what anyone else thinks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

When people say they've found God they don't mean it as if, God has spoken to them, but merely that they've found a pathw hich suits them in life.

That was very well said Jacq.
  • Options
    the POWER of prayer has been proved in science and medicine over and over again.
    if you BELIEVE ...that you are actualy praying to a higher power that is actualy listening ...your thought processes alter. your brain wave patterns become unique from other patterns.
    something is realy happening that is different from the norm.
    it is a very unique way for your brain and your mind to operate.
    if you practise ...and persevere, you will find answers. you will will discover that your mind starts answering in ways it wouldn't do normaly. keep prayig mate.
    prayer is an essential part of my life belive it or not.
  • Options
    Thank.. ill pray but i feel so down..its gonna take awhile for the prozac to kick in. why cant he arnswer me... years of praying and years of pain...he hasnt helped me..does this mean he doesnt care?
  • Options
    It means that you shouldn't rely on anyone but yourself.
  • Options
    God helps those who HELP THEMSELVES tbh. :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist

Well i am helping myself but we all need help aswell.. all im asking for is a little guidence and he hasnt shown me that
  • Options
    why cant he arnswer me... years of praying and years of pain...he hasnt helped me..does this mean he doesnt care?

Remember the quote

God helps those who help themselves?

It means you must try to find a soloution and if you fail, he will help. Im sure God is there in the background helping us a little, but wanting us to do things for ourselves so we can become stronger. He is testing our faith to see if we truly believe. Do not lose faith and God shall help, but lose faith and all will be lost.
  • Options
    It means that you shouldn't rely on anyone but yourself.
    bad advice in my opinion but ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist

You beat me to it Mist.
  • Options
    Well i am helping myself but we all need help aswell.. all im asking for is a little guidence and he hasnt shown me that

I can't tell you what God is, but a thing which helps me hold perspective is not humanising God. When doing that you expect him/her/it to react like a human being, when that isn't the case.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    bad advice in my opinion but ...

I'm not talking about faith, but about dependance.
  • Options
    You may feel now that God isnt listening to u or helping u, but he may be helping u in ways u dont realise... I dont know if u know the verse called footprints, where the guy walks along side god, and then when looking back on the bad times saw only one set of footprints n asked god why he'd left him at the bad patch. God replied 'during your times of trial and suffering when u see only one set of footprints, it was then I carried you'

Ive found that when im going through a really bad patch, like i went through this summer when my dad died, i used to feel that God was never ever there to help me out. but looking back now, i can see that he was there for me, cos he provided me with good mates to help me through, and come out the side, a stronger person, knowing who my good mate are. Its also helped to reinforce my dream of being a nurse, cos then i can give people the same kinda in depth care my dad was given...

Dont give up on God just cos of one bad patch where u cant see ur way through, Your just in a foggy patch n ur fog lights arent working too well right now...
  • Options
    I can't tell you what God is, but a thing which helps me hold perspective is not humanising God.
    spot on!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    You may feel now that God isnt listening to u or helping u, but he may be helping u in ways u dont realise... I dont know if u know the verse called footprints, where the guy walks along side god, and then when looking back on the bad times saw only one set of footprints n asked god why he'd left him at the bad patch. God replied 'during your times of trial and suffering when u see only one set of footprints, it was then I carried you'

Ive found that when im going through a really bad patch, like i went through this summer when my dad died, i used to feel that God was never ever there to help me out. but looking back now, i can see that he was there for me, cos he provided me with good mates to help me through, and come out the side, a stronger person, knowing who my good mate are. Its also helped to reinforce my dream of being a nurse, cos then i can give people the same kinda in depth care my dad was given...

Dont give up on God just cos of one bad patch where u cant see ur way through, Your just in a foggy patch n ur fog lights arent working too well right now...

I've been reading foot prints over and over to myself all night.. i make sence of it but still i feel alone..

Thank you so much for the advice.. thank you everyone.
  • Options
    Hope things get better for u soon *hugs* if u ever wana talk, feel free to pm me, even if its just to have a rant, k?
  • Options
    I've been reading foot prints over and over to myself all night.. i make sence of it but still i feel alone..

Thank you so much for the advice.. thank you everyone.
    rudze ...i have been all alone and all the prayers in the world have seemed of no use. i know all alone in a very personel and lonely sense.
    i was once in solitary confinment in a hell hole in strangeways prison for refusing labour ...the outside world were barred from visiting me. i was seriously alone in my heart and mind ...and physicaly from any human contact ...nothing. a matress from midnight to 5am and a bucket to piss in.
    i already knew about meditation and prayer. every offer they gave me for three months i refused to accept. THEY ...bowed down to my my terms in the end ...prayer can make you a very strong person.
    trouble with prayer ...is how much do you mean it and how much is nothing more than you want for your self?
    for self hardly works.
    and what you pray for you might get ...but it might not be what you realy need!
    you may ask for what you want but ...get what you need.
    how do you descern how your prayers have been answered?
  • Options
    Thank you cute baby bear.. i will:)

Rolly..

all i ever aswk god for is forgiveness and strengh. strengh to get through my pain and hardship. yes it may not be as hard as some have had but to me its killing me. i ask god for the stregnh to get though it..yet i dont see no reply..

i feel like a lost little sheep.
  • Options
    Dunno what religion you are but if you really had it you would be aware that 'god' doesn't go round doing what you want all the time.

Go and talk to your vicar or priest...as a religious guy - brought up with religion I'm sure there must be one in the church you go to / went to!
  • Options
    my family belive in god, im half hearted about it. i belive in angels, like a gardian angel. i have a few now...... i said in a thread a while back about it.

its complicated.... im going to bed!
  • Options
    Im a christian....CoE

Well that explains it :p

Really, how could a religion set up purely to suit one person possibly be right? :/
  • Options
    *wispers to Rude_boyz, " watch Bruse(sp) Almighty ;) *

sorry- i just had to say that... *runs away*
  • Options
    Religion doesn't piss me off, some of the people who claim to follow it do though. They use it as an excuse for their own hatred, simple as.

I'm sorry, but parading down the street wearing a stupid bowler hat and an orange sash across your fat gut, banging a drum and singing songs about how many Catholics your great grandparents murdered in cold blood is just incitement.

And some of the Young Christians in my area are the biggest bunch of hyprocritcal morns you'll ever meet.

No, I have no opinion on God, or religion in general. I just fancied a rant :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by _Hermione_
    *wispers to Rude_boyz, " watch Bruse(sp) Almighty ;) *

sorry- i just had to say that... *runs away*

i got it on Dvd :p

americanbeauty thanks for your reply.. and what everything everyone has said as been great.. thanks :D