Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What event has changed your life this year as a person?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    there are a couple of things that stand out.

first of all, getting my job. I love it, it's a fantastic place to work, the people are great and yeah, it has helped improve my opinion on life a great deal.

Also, from working at myer (my work) i have met some fantastic people, wats, foz, rod, rod, kate, rod, baz, brendan, smithers, louise, belinda, karen, kym, rob etc...i could go on forever.

My social life has not been so hectic for a very long time.

i am soo happy now :heart:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    I'd like to dedicate this post to my fan club

I love you guys!

*sob*

We love you too!!! *spots rnt and screams like a maniac*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Didn't expect it to happen in the first month tho:eek2: .

that happened to me, came off the pill and didnt have another period.

i think that really has changed me so much; getting pregnant again. its been a very difficult time and i've learnt a lot about the way i make decisions, and the importance of being able to seperate your heart from your head, and listening to one at a time.

and my partner's dad getting ill, it hasnt gotten to the worst yet, but it will, and im scared of that.

and my family; it changes me every single year, especially my dad. he has such a huge impact on me, my life, my decisions, my choices, my attitudes, my experiences etc. etc.

its seemed in the past 2 1/2 years that everything has happened at once, and hasnt stopped happening, and im exhausted. but theres always something new. i dont think its because im growing old, i think its because my life is mad.
  • Options
    I think the thing that changed me most this year was my dad dying.. It's made me realise how much i relied on him to do things like give me lifts to places. I wish i hadnt taken him so much for granted. but its somet i gotta live with.
    The thing that shocked me most about his death was how quickly he went downhill after the cancer was diagnosed... Being the one to walk into the room and find him was also quite a huge shock..
    I hope its made me a better person, i know for certain that its changed me. Ive become more responsible, but also less open about my feelings. I find it even harder to admit when somethings wrong, and just keep my feelings to myself.
    I discovered who my mates really were this year, and ive become a lot closer to a couple of people. A lot further away from some too..
  • Options
    how to follow up a post like that...?

this year I broke up with my first "serious" bf. he was really posessive, clingy and was making my life miserable. but I'm better now. I'd like to say he is too (hum).
    since then I think I've become more independent, broadened my horizons. I've got closer to my friends at college. I've started going up to london a lot, reinforcing my desire to move there for good next year. And associating with people much older than myself, which is... interesting. it's a big jump from college to uni, that's all I can say.

I also started smoking (must stop that) :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    that happened to me, came off the pill and didnt have another period.

i think that really has changed me so much; getting pregnant again. its been a very difficult time and i've learnt a lot about the way i make decisions, and the importance of being able to seperate your heart from your head, and listening to one at a time.

and my partner's dad getting ill, it hasnt gotten to the worst yet, but it will, and im scared of that.

and my family; it changes me every single year, especially my dad. he has such a huge impact on me, my life, my decisions, my choices, my attitudes, my experiences etc. etc.

its seemed in the past 2 1/2 years that everything has happened at once, and hasnt stopped happening, and im exhausted. but theres always something new. i dont think its because im growing old, i think its because my life is mad.

*Huggles you*

I hope next year is much better for you.
  • Options
    I think the thing that has changed me the most this, is just one thing, as it had more of an impact on me than anything that happened to me..

*My cousin being involved in a car crash, coming through that herself, but losing her youngest daughter at the time. Also the same girl, giving birth the prem twins, them both pulling through and the twin which has been the weakest, her heart problem getting serious and then my cousin losing her. This has changed me i guess, more so than when i lost my daughter and when i miscarried twice this year, as i watched my cousin go through this heartache shes experienced and helping her, and realising, you dont realise how good you've actually got it sometimes when u see this. Its taught me to appreciate life more, and appreciate the people around me and show them i do love them, wether it be family or my best friends.
  • Options
    being disgnosed with diabetic retinopathy in feb , one of the biggest causes of blindness in working aged people. im scared as hell about it. makes you think, makes you wonder. im getting treatment to try and prevent it but im scared so scared. its had a big impact on my life. its shit but i realise it could be much worse.