Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What event has changed your life this year as a person?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'd reckon it'd be me holding onto old flames, when the feelings aren't repciprocated. It's made me realise things in general are in the past for a reason.

When my Mum scared me so much when we argued, it made me realise that I can't argue the same way I did with her when I was a kiddo, she can't deal with it much, anymore. It's made me I suppose a little more placid.

What about you?

Comments

• Options
    Things are mental at the minute, so I'll have to have a thinky.

Probably the Tesco CSC job, dunno if it changed me as such but it deffo made me realise I was more confident, and like I don't really feel that confident about things as sometimes I show.

Plenty of stuff I can learn from though. Always best to try and get on with things, so much better than pretending things aren't happening and stuff. Gotta be more responsible about stuff too.

I also think the new Will Young album could turn me into a full blown homosexual too :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I also think the new Will Young album could turn me into a full blown homosexual too :crazyeyes

Oh my. Shall we high five? :p
  • Options
    nothing what so ever this year, maybe freaking myself out with drugs has made me calm down but its not changed me too drastically.

Last year was the year for major things happening resulting in my changing my life.

This years been pretty easy!
  • Options
    Deciding to come off the pill...so getting pregnant.
  • Options
    think that one wins tweety!!!!
  • Options
    Meeting my boyfriend Andrew :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    think that one wins tweety!!!!

Didn't expect it to happen in the first month tho:eek2: .
  • Options
    It made me realize that my family is eventually going to die (three cancer cases to deal with this year, one of which led to my grandmother's death).

I'm also coming to realize that my life isn't as great as I thought, both because my mental health is fragile as shit, and that I may flunk in something in school due to lack of enthusiasm.

Hmmm... there must be something positive. :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Not this year but quite a few years ago when my gran died it changed me. This year doing my GCSEs has changed me coz at the time you think theres nothing possibly worse in the world so i guess it put stuff into perspective:)
    xxx
  • Options
    going uni,

meaning i have to look after my money better (ooh did i tell you about my new winter jacket? its well badass!

meeting a lot more people, which means more girls. i'm turning into more of a basturd everyday with my moral standards dropping.

and its made me want my mummy more :heart:
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo

meeting a lot more people, which means more girls. i'm turning into more of a basturd everyday with my moral standards dropping.

Yeah didnt you say you had a fuck buddy? Im sure having sex out of a loving relationship was wrong to you, once upon a time.
  • Options
    I've had the busiest year ever - got engaged in january, moved out of my mum's house - rented for 6 months had my 21st birthday then (without sounding cheesy) my whole life fell into place. Found a perfect house in a perfect area and after about a million things nearly went wrong i managed to get a morgage and moved in with my fiance, made me realise how lucky i am. A
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Yeah didnt you say you had a fuck buddy? Im sure having sex out of a loving relationship was wrong to you, once upon a time.

not so much wrong, just not as good. we're quite e/affectionate and cuddle and stuff.. its just for example i'm seeing her and i've got someone else all lined up and i can't stop going after girls... and there was amna, i never wanted to be the basturd a girl cheats with. but i was...

i'm a big twat now!
  • Options
    I think it is due to life in general and that I won't live forever because I have lost 3 family members to cancer already and two of them being my parents and losing my mother, to cancer, was the hardest thing for me, and it has made me realize that no one lives forever, and that I could very well get cancer, as well, and that I should just take each day as if it's my last day and make the best out of each day instead of wasting it.
  • Options
    nothing really - just the little things that seem insignificant at the time :)
  • Options
    becoming best friends with my mate, we knew each other before but this year made us unbreakable

the whole depression/bulimia buissness

my first job, really enjoyed it there

i learnt to appreciate people, because before you know it they can go out of your life

seeing the good and bad in people and letting me make my own mind up

this year ive become a lot stronger person, a lot of bad shit that i dont want to post as well, but this year has been really something
  • Options
    My depression/anxiety has really changed me, yes ive had them for well over 4 years, but this year, i have realised that the only way I can change is through myself. I have spent too long waiting others to help and never getting it. Its not an easy road by any means but im hoping I will get there in the end.
  • Options
    Common ones, really.

Doing/getting the results of my GCSEs.

Getting my first job.

Starting college, and taking responsibility for my own learning.

And various experiences with people.

Oh yeah, and I've started using buses :eek:

All in all, I'm just a lot more independant, and a lot less naive than I was this time last year. Yes. :)
  • Options
    my little girl being born, the shit i had to go through just to see her, i suppose thats my biggest, ive changed more in the last year than ive ever thought possible , whole diff person
  • Options
    This year has been the most stressful/horrible of my life :eek2:

Buttt, I would say seening a counsellor about stuff what happened, and going on holiday with my best friend changed my life the most.

The counselling made me see sense and helped lots, and my holiday sort of changed my outlook on life in general and also changed the way I feel about myself, for the better.

Nice topic 1983, it really makes you think.
  • Options
    2003 has been a pretty significant year for me. I met the love of my life at the beginning of the year and we're still going strong. I finished uni and got myself a Masters degree in physics.

Above all, I'm learning that there's a whole world out there and I can't wait to see it.

It's made me feel quite hopeful for the future.
  • Options
    You're right, this is a really good idea, but also quite hard...

I think that getting a best friend, who is really close to me and I tell everything to, for the frist time since primary school, has changed me for the better, because it's made me less introverted and generally happier cos I know there's someone who sees everything the same way I do!

Also my boyfriend of nearly two years leaving for uni has made me much more independent, certainly a good thing.

On the more negative side having someone from our town die in Iraq (he was a soldier in my boyfriend's year at school) has brought home the importance of the government to every day life (may seem obvious, but I'd never really thought about it so much before)

In fact, the one thing that I would have thought would change me the most at the beginning of the year, losing my virginity, has really been very insignificant!
  • Options
    When someone i went to school with, he was one year below me died, he had just turned 17 years old and he died in his sleep due to a blood clot in his brain.
    At the funeral 90% of the people there were 17 or 18 years old, nobody should die that young, being there made me feel so mortal.......

Bopz
  • Options
    I think moving away from my family home to go to Uni is the biggest event that has happened to me this year. It's made me a lot more independent, and a lot more skint!
  • Options
    I think moving away from my family home to go to Uni is the biggest event that has happened to me this year. It's made me a lot more independent, and a lot more skint!

I dont think moviong away from home to go to uni is hard at all. why is so hard? why is it such a big thing?:eek2:

Bopz
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    I dont think moviong away from home to go to uni is hard at all. why is so hard? why is it such a big thing?:eek2:

Bopz

I didn't say it was hard. :confused:

All I said is that it has made me more independent, hence changing me as a person which is what the original question was! :eek2:
  • Options
    mr. kaffrin moving in with me at easter: you learn not to be so selfish when you live with someone. it's also made me a better cook.

my aunt dying in june: like others have said, you learn not to take people for granted.

and generally this year i've learned to deal with life more.
  • Options
    Gained independence and grown up quite a lot, having to cope with different stresses from University life.

Also increased in self-confidence, mainly down to my boyfriend. :)
  • Options
    sorry, i'm in one fuked up mood, i mis read the post. sorry again! But people alwaays moan about moving away being hard and stuff...

Bopz:p