Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Apologies for a bit of spam; 20 seconds of your time = 50p for comic relief

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya guys. I'm afraid, I must do some spammage. As many of you know, MSE (Moneysavingexpert) is one of the biggest resources for information on things like bank charges, and I've just had their latest newsletter through:
50p to Comic Relief for each new recipient of this free e-mail! To celebrate hitting 1,000,000 people receiving this e-mail, I‘m pledging 50p to Comic Relief per genuine new UK person adding their e-mail to the distribution list until midnight Saturday (see details). This is, of course, on top of the usual charity fund donations.

Please tell everyone you know about this.
My logic's simple: it helps Comic Relief, it helps the site and it helps the person joining the list save money. It’s based on the charity fundraising model devised by TheHungersite. Please spread the word (if you're wondering how an ad-free, free to use site affords it, read the how this site is funded article).

To get the e-mail all people need do is go to MoneySavingExpert.com/tips

The reason I've posted here, is that I would recommend you sign up, regardless of the 50p for charity. I have a seperate folder for my ipoints account and MSE, so they never clutter up my inbox, but I can have a look in there, and you get genuinely good info from MSE, like when the best time to change ISP / Phone provider is. This week, they've said how to:
- get free channels if you're a virgin media customer
- best shops for haggling
- great mother's day pressies for <£1

and various other useful titbits, like what's been spotted on the web being really cheap (family guy season 5 £10). But yea, I'd recommend anyone get it, but thought now since he's gonna give money to charity, there isn't really a better time :). :yippe:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In case anyone was wondering ;) over 15,000 people signed up to Martin's offer, so he had to fork out £7,700 hehe.

I think the best offer they've found this week is a divx dvd player for around £25. here

I'll stop spamming now though ;)