Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Random question...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is a strange question, but my boyfriend has just rang me (pissed as a fart) telling me the police have barred him from the town centre tonight, and his (also pissed) friend who knows about these things was calling that it was a "Section 13". My boyfriend then got excited and told me "Yeah, the police called it a section 13 as well!"

Someone want to tell me what that means pretty please? :blush: He's only going to complain about it tomorrow, wouldn't mind being prepared.

Comments

• Options
    If someone is drinking and making a nuisance of themselves in a public place then the copper will take any alcohol from them, if they refuse to hand over any alcohol they have on them then the cop will nick them.

Section 13 :)
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    If someone is drinking and making a nuisance of themselves in a public place then the copper will take any alcohol from them, if they refuse to hand over any alcohol they have on them then the cop will nick them.

Section 13 :)

:lol: Oh that's great. He's been causing trouble then. He did mention street signs but I think he'd dropped his phone because I couldn't hear him properly. God knows what he did.

Cheers for that:)
  • Options
    :lol: haha. Make sure you clean out the saucepan cupboard and hoover very loudly this morning to teach him a lesson
  • Options
    Section 30 of the Antisocial behaviour act 2003. Under section 30 people in groups of 2 or more that have been causing a nuisance, or it's reasonably believed that their presence is a nuisance they can be asked to leave the pre-defined area. If they refuse or if they return within 24 hours they can be arrested.

However, if you haven't got a sec.30 you can still require someone to leave an area if they are drunk/disorderly or their presence constitutes a breach of the peace or public nuisance. They can't MAKE you leave, but if you stay you'll be arrested for one of those offences.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    :lol: Oh that's great. He's been causing trouble then. He did mention street signs
    Lol. Did he bring any home with him? I used to judge how good my nights out were by the size of the sign/cone/etc that I'd brought home with me the night before!
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Section 30 of the Antisocial behaviour act 2003.

Is that the same then? :confused: Ahh I've just spoke to him, and he doesn't even remember speaking to me last night. He tried to tell me what had happened again, while I laughed at him.

I hope to god he hasn't bought any street signs home, I haven't been round yet but I'll wrap it round his head if he has :lol: Drunken lout that he is.
  • Options
    Well, there's no such thing as section13, and 30 and 13 do sound the same if you're pissed, so i'm assuming.....
  • Options
    Yeah I'd assume you miss heard 30 as 13 - given the only section 13 I'm aware of (the only that gets referred to that way) allows a social worker to request admission to a mental hospital for a client, and in the process become their legal guardian for the period of stay.

So I'm guessing it was section 13 - enless it was a VERY wierd night :p
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »

So I'm guessing it was section 13 - enless it was a VERY wierd night :p

You mean 30 don't you....?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    yep...
  • Options
    :) Well, he didn't remember ringing me, so he relayed the whole story to me again last night, calling it "section 13" so I'll assume he heard wrong.

Bloody muppet :)