Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ball dress stole/scarf?

Its my ball soon and although I've got the dress, jewellery, handbag and shoes, I want to add something else to my outfit :lol:

I want one of those stole/scarf/whatever they are called to hold around my hips/arms if that makes any sense.

Does anyone know where I can get one? I've looked on the debenhams website but theres none I really like :no:

The dress is black so I think I want a purpley sort of one to go with the sequins on my bag. Cheers.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try monsoon, selfridges, harvey nichols, house of fraser....i always see them there.

Or you could buy a pashmina....or if they are really expensive over there i can pick you one up from here and send it over (yes that are pretty cheap here)
  • Options
    Cheers Amira.

I'm in Manchester on Wednesday so I might pop into Harvey Nichols then :)

If I don't have any luck, I might PM you :p
  • Options
    post a pic!

hmm i wonder if we will have a ball at uni :chin:
  • Options
    You could pick up a pashmina in Tie Rack - they do every colour of the rainbow, literally.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    post a pic!

hmm i wonder if we will have a ball at uni
    Oh I will do when I'm all dressed up. I doubt I'll be able to get good photos though :( The best part of the dress imo is the back of it. Its lovely. I'm currently deciding what to do with my hair. I think I'm gonna go the hairdressers and get them to do something posh with it! Make it all curly and girly and pretty! Hehe.

We are really lucky to have a ball. I got really worked up the other week because there was talk of not having one. This isn't even a graduation ball for everyone, its for everyone on my course, its the Law ball. Everyone will probably get on my nerves :lol: However, my flatmate is going as my guest (although she could get her own ticket really as she is on a combined course with Law being her minor) as her ball is the night before.

I can't wait to wear my dress though. I bought it this time last year (I hope I still fit in it :lol:)
  • Options
    I got one a couple of years ago from one of the Asian clothes shops. They have some really nice fabrics in some of them, and twas very cheap. You may need to hem it, and so it might be too mcuh effort, but tis an idea.
  • Options
    I got a lovely one from Tie Rack, but a fabric remnant you can him is also a good idea.
  • Options
    Accessorise.

TKMaxx are always good for stuff like that too.