Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Retainer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have a retainer and i only wear it at night, but after i brush my teeth and put it in, my gum over just one tooth starts bleeding, now im not really sure if this is a problem or not, so i just wanted some advice

Should i go get it looked at

ETA: It doesn't bleed very much just a little bit

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is it bleeding because of the retainer? Or because of brushing your teeth a bit too hard?

How long have you had your retainer for? If it's a persistant problem, take a trip to your dentist. Your retainer should fit your mouth pretty well, and really shouldn't be causing your gums to bleed regularly. That said, if you haven't had it that long, it might just be rubbing slightly in that one spot. You might be able to get some wax stuff (like the stuff you can get when you have a brace) that stops the metal rubbing on your gums and cheeks, but it'd probably depend on what your retainer is like etc.

Pop along to your dentist though, there's no harm in checking it out. Afterall, you don't want to be in any pain or discomfort. He might need to bend it slightly or something, but if nothing else, at least it'll put your mind at rest.