Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chicken to go with Pasta

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've bought some pasta and a tomato and garlic stir-in type sauce. I want to serve it with chicken, but does anyone have any ideas what kinda thing to do? Chicken in with it or next to it on the plate?

It's kinda got to look like "oh-its-just-something-I-threw-together-at-the-last-minute" for when I cook for a friend later this week! ;)

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Roast or fry the chicken and when its cooked cut into slices or chunks. Make the pasta and sauce then add the chicken and let it warm through. Crusty bread and a green salad would go nice with it.
  • Options
    I normally just dice the chicken and put it with veg in the sauce. or how about cheese stuffed chicken breasts?
  • Options
    I say make it the day before.
    Chop it up, fry it, add the sauce, low heat for 30 - 40 mins, cool then put in the fridge to marinate.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Roast or fry the chicken and when its cooked cut into slices or chunks. Make the pasta and sauce then add the chicken and let it warm through. Crusty bread and a green salad would go nice with it.

that sounds delicious.

fancy making some for me? :flirt:
  • Options
    Just boil some chicken breasts for 15-20 minutes then chop up and mix in with the sauce :thumb:
  • Options
    get some pasta on the go,

stir fry some chopped chicken till cooked with a sliced red onion in olive oil,

add sauce, heat through 'till hot (not long, especially with those small stir through jars)

chuck (drained & cooked) pasta in the same pan as the sauce, stir through, and you're done :)

it really can be thrown together at the last minute :) would take you... 30mins at the most, probably.
  • Options
    fancy making some for me? :flirt:

It's within the realms of possibility :)
  • Options
    Thank you all! :)