Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What will settle my stomach?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had a couple of drinks last night, not got a hangover but I've got pains in my belly and its feeling a bit off. Not long recovered from a stomach bug so that's probably not helping. Anything I can eat or take to settle it a bit?

Comments

• Options
    I've found peppermint tea helps to settle any intestinal knotting feelings I get. If you've got a bit of nausea, anything with ginger is good.
  • Options
    Ambrosia Rice Pudding :yes:

Always does the trick :thumb:
  • Options
    I havent really got nausea, just my belly aint feelin too great! I remember ginger is good for stomachs but I haven't got any - only ground ginger lol! I don't think I've got any peppermint tea or rice pudding either. I could stretch to a fruit tea but that's about it!!
  • Options
    I made my own concoction once when I felt really dodgy the day after... I only had ground ginger too... SO I put a bit of honey and ground ginger and a little bit of warm water and stirred it round and drank... It's not very nice but I think it helped a bit. :lol:
  • Options
    I've been in bed hoping to sleep it off but it doesn't seem to have helped. I've had a paracetamol and some soup now. Anymore ideas because I have to be in work at 7 and I don't fancy having a sore belly all night! :(
  • Options
    Sorry, nothing useful to contribute, but I was just going to say, I still feel dodgy everytime I eat anything following my recent stomach bug too.. I'm just eating little and often - though I'm hungry, I'm eating less than I want cos I know any more full leave me feeling uncomfortably full and ill again.. :(
  • Options
    Either flat Coke, or sip it slowly over a couple of hours.