Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How would you feel?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    That might totally be the problem. I don't mean to actively look for arguments and confrontation it will always be a wobbly relationship, but if you are a sheep who says yes and amen to everything, sooner or later he will get accustomed to that and knows how to abuse your benevolence, especially if it already been that far...

Seems like the problem is more of a fundamentally nature, I'd be wary and be more assertive in your "letting him know that this is not ok."

I know :crying: I think il just tell him to have a good night, but to realise that i won't be putting up with such things in the future because it seems to be getting back to how it was.

His problem is that he doesn't realise he is in the wrong and the blame is always mine.

Onto that good reason why i shouldn't, apparently, he needs to go out and do things by himself (so going to the pub with the same people this Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and tonight isn't enough) and then spending all day with his friend on his motox. Also as mentioned before it's full of pervs and also "smokey".
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Either way i think il just leave it and see if i can find something to do after work, he can remain in my bad books and hopefully have a night filled with guilt for being a shitty boyfriend.

i do not want to be mean to you, but by the sound you described him, plus the seperation because of obvious reasons, it appears like he does not care much about that. be stricter and don't let it always be his way.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    i do not want to be mean to you, but by the sound you described him, plus the seperation because of obvious reasons, it appears like he does not care much about that. be stricter and don't let it always be his way.

Well i just text him mentioning all the days he has had this week to himself and that it's all sounding familar and why should i put up with it.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Well i just text him mentioning all the days he has had this week to himself and that it's all sounding familar and why should i put up with it.

Good - but make sure you don't whine to him....there's a strong way of doing it (just matter of factly saying - you've been out all these times this week, you're being unreasonable and I don't see why I should put up with it") and a weak way - (by whining "but you've already been out loooads this week...Tue, Thu & Fri....why should I have to put up with you going out again??") - see the difference?

Think carefully when asserting yourself and make sure you choose the strong way!! :yes:
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Good - but make sure you don't whine to him....there's a strong way of doing it (just matter of factly saying - you've been out all these times this week, you're being unreasonable and I don't see why I should put up with it") and a weak way - (by whining "but you've already been out loooads this week...Tue, Thu & Fri....why should I have to put up with you going out again??") - see the difference?

Think carefully when asserting yourself and make sure you choose the strong way!! :yes:

Yeah :) I give up anyway he can have his own way, if he wants to push me away then that's his choice but he'll have to deal with the concequences. He can do as he pleases, il just have to entertain myself otherwise.

Thanks for the great advice and support everyone :)