Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

body scrubs/exfoliating stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recommend a good one? Preferably one that's not too pricey

Comments

• Options
    I use sugar and my usual body wash- cheap and does the job very well
  • Options
    http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1073393&classificationid=1039089

This stuff. Its the best!
    Really good :yes:
    and smells of candy floss.
  • Options
    Anyone recomend something for a guy? I really dont wanna go into boots an pick up a pot of candy floss aroma face wash. :lol: Also, its a question I've been asking myself for time! Ive got really small blackheads on my nose and around my chin. I cant get rid of the bastards, no matter what I do. There not big, just really small ones that come in little groups. Any tips ladies?
  • Options
    Ive never found anything more effective or pleasant to use than St ives apricot scrub. I have sensitive skin and it doesnt irritate it at all, and it can be used on the face and body.

Perfect for men, too
  • Options
    box, I use that neutrogena face wash stuff for black heads. doesnt smell girly :p

no good for tougher skin like shoulders + back though, not quite scrubby enough.
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Anyone recomend something for a guy? I really dont wanna go into boots an pick up a pot of candy floss aroma face wash. :lol: Also, its a question I've been asking myself for time! Ive got really small blackheads on my nose and around my chin. I cant get rid of the bastards, no matter what I do. There not big, just really small ones that come in little groups. Any tips ladies?

Id go into Lush and get "ocean salt" face scrub tbh. Its really lovely for the face and smells of grapefruit. Its all natural too.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Oh totally SuzyC, using ocean salt feels like you have just ducked your head under a wave on a hot beach in the middle of summer.
  • Options
    nivea for men make a face scrub i believe.... for the body I use bodyshop coconut scrub.smells gorgeous
  • Options
    I use Clinique's Sparkle Skin body exfoliator, and it's the best I have ever found, it smells of menthol/eucalyptus and gives a really refreshing burst. It's very unisex too.

I also use St Ives Apricot face scrub for my face, which is very mild smelling, yet has lots of beads in it for a really good scrub. It's also nicely moisturising so I don't have that 'just washed my face with a bar of imperial leather' feel.
  • Options
    but doesnt imperial leather smell great, even if it does make your face feel like every tiny bit of moisture has been stripped out of it.
  • Options
    i use one by boots, it's their mediterranean range and it's called mint melon and sugar body scrub. smells amazing! i think it's normally about £8 but it was £3 off and it's a big tub. i like proper scrubs, ones that hurt.
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    Ive never found anything more effective or pleasant to use than St ives apricot scrub. I have sensitive skin and it doesnt irritate it at all, and it can be used on the face and body.

Perfect for men, too

I second this totally :yes:
  • Options
    but doesnt imperial leather smell great, even if it does make your face feel like every tiny bit of moisture has been stripped out of it.
    It IS wonderful stuff. It takes the grease marks off my specs perfectly.... :lol: :eek2: