Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Male drivers

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my mum is a good driver - and that's coming from other men :p
    she can park fine too
  • Options
    Once, this car full of men chavs pulled up against my exe's car. Me and my ex were sat in the car talking. The next thing I knew, my ex was speeding off and the chavs were following us. It turned into a race. I think my ex enjoyed it. The whole thing scared me! I thought he drove like a knob. I'll be surprised if he never crashes his car. He'll do 80mph in a 30mph. Complete idiot.
  • Options
    He'll do 80mph in a 30mph. Complete idiot.

JD once did 120 or something through a 30 at midnight.

Scared the living shit out of me.
  • Options
    You know something - it's a bit fucking annoying when you buy yourself a nice car, only for some people to call you a prick, or say you're compensating for whatever.

Some people have to get it through their heads that *many* people are actually really into their cars. The way they drive, the way they sound and the way they look... What exactly is wrong with that? You're not going to spend £40k (or however much) on something you don't want, just so you don't upset Mr. or Mrs. Jealous or whatever. Sure, there are some cocks out there who think a flashy car gives them extra 'powers' or something, but that's not everybody.

I've done many driver training courses, from handling, high speed driving, track driving etc etc and can safely say I am an excellent driver. Whilst I am a fast driver, I am by no means careless, inconsiderate nor aggressive.

Why people who can finally afford their 'dream' car should get slated for doing this just boils my piss.

I will say that whenever I had a courtesy car (little Nissan Micra usually), the behaviour of drivers of bigger cars was appalling. I was cut up left right and centre - yet when I was in my Zed, this rarely if ever happened. Attitudes do change, for some reason, depending on what cars are involved - and that's such a shame.

Also - to add my 2p to the male/female thing. Yes men, in my experience, are more likely to want to race off at the lights, but women are just as bad when it comes to being aggressive at any other time. Even Stevens, in my books.

G.

P.S. I'm quite happy with the size of my dick, thank-you so very much ;):lol:
  • Options
    The highest James did was 110 and that was in his shitty metro (I'm sure it was his metro) before it died and it was on a dual carriageway. It wouldn't go any faster than that. I think he might have got his next car to go faster though, I can't remember.

It was down some big hill and I actually had my head in my hands, terrified. I think he got a buzz from scaring me tbh. Whenever we had an argument in the car, he'd put his foot down and speed knowing full well it scared me. Cunt :grump:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote: »
    JD once did 120 or something through a 30 at midnight.

Scared the living shit out of me.

There's an area near me called Stoney Cross. During WW2 it was an airfield but now is a public highway within the New Forest. All roads surrounded by common land are 40mph because of the animals but this road's on the heath and you can see for miles.
    It's a perfect road for testing out some serious speed. I've done 125 down there on a quiet day.

The police know what goes on and I've been caught doing 75, but was let off once I proved the car was my own. Apparently I was driving like I stole it. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    There's an area near me called Stoney Cross. During WW2 it was an airfield but now is a public highway within the New Forest. All roads surrounded by common land are 40mph because of the animals but this road's on the heath and you can see for miles.
    It's a perfect road for testing out some serious speed. I've done 125 down there on a quiet day.

The police know what goes on and I've been caught doing 75, but was let off once I proved the car was my own. Apparently I was driving like I stole it. :D

Nice :D

Aye - the feeling of giving it some real pasty, where circumstances permit, is just superb.

The Yorkshire Dales have some superb driving routes, as well as the North York Moors. Early blasts on a Sunday Morning when everybody else is in bed are just cracking :)

Have to admit, I was slightly 'disappointed' that time wasn't slowing down, or going all 'Star Wars Hyper-drive' when I hit 155mph in the Zed in France, late one night (well, 2-3am) on the way back from LeMans. Not another car in sight for miles...
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Some people have to get it through their heads that *many* people are actually really into their cars. The way they drive, the way they sound and the way they look... What exactly is wrong with that?

It depends on the car, though. Nobody buys an Audi TT because of the way it drives, cause it drives like a wet Wednesday in March.

Generally blingin' cars are driven by people who are trying to show off, whether its how big their cock is or how much they earn. The real quality cars are rarely noticed. When M3s were driven by people who appreciated the quality the badge was about 3mm high, and now every bugger has one you can see the M-badge from bloody Pluto.

The best road for driving in this country is the A68 from Tow Law as far as Jedburgh. I'll drive 30 miles out of my way just to drive along there. The Roman Road from where I live to Greenhead is hot too.

I got 120 out of a hired Golf on the autobahn and it was mint.
  • Options

I wouldn't have minded if it was something like that (as long as I wasn't in the car, he's did all his wheelspinny shit with me in the car and I fucking screamed at him), but it was through a village on the A120.

It wasn't even his car, it was his mum's. I would laugh if he crashed it though, just to see how his mum reacted, I think it would be amusing ;o.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    It depends on the car, though. Nobody buys an Audi TT because of the way it drives, cause it drives like a wet Wednesday in March.

Generally blingin' cars are driven by people who are trying to show off, whether its how big their cock is or how much they earn. The real quality cars are rarely noticed. When M3s were driven by people who appreciated the quality the badge was about 3mm high, and now every bugger has one you can see the M-badge from bloody Pluto.

To be fair though - that doesn't stop the M3 being a superb piece of kit. I'll trust you haven't driven one? Many of these are still bought by enthusiasts - but as they find their way onto the used car market, they're in reach of many people who may want it for what you say. Then again, many enthusiasts cant afford one brand new, and so have to wait.

Oh, and the M badge has actually barely increased in size on the rear of the car since the original E30 M3...

Referencing the TT - I know all about that as I had the 3.2 DSG Roadster for a month as a hire car. Utterly rubbish to drive. The new model is said to address this somewhat.

Also, as a foot-note. I used to work for BMW, and regardless of the reputation of their drivers, they are still superbly engineered cars! I don't know why many people instantly forget to use their indicators or start to drive like maniacs when they get one though...
  • Options
    in his shitty metro ( :

No. Bad Stacy. Metro's, with the power of a retarded 3 legged anexoric donkey and a body that can't withstand accidently rolling into the back of a cavilear are just fine cars. (Though I know the spedomoter on the crunchanator only reaches to 85, how he knew he was doing 110...

But you take that back. You're not invited to my birthday anymore :(:p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If you have the money why not drive a superb car?

What the fuck do you earn money for if it isn't to spend it on something beautiful and enjoyable?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've been in a car doing a ton down a country laned hill. Like single road or whatever it's called and like all corners an shit.

Braked just in time to stop going flat out into a car coming up the hill. Me and my mate were actually holding hands :lol:
  • Options
    Generally blingin' cars are driven by people who are trying to show off, whether its how big their cock is or how much they earn. The real quality cars are rarely noticed.

I agree. I think there's something satisfying about driving a car that doesn't draw attention, but you know how good it is to drive (he says, in his Primera :p). Oh and g_angel, are you talking about a Nissan when you say Zed?
  • Options
    If you have the money why not drive a superb car?

What the fuck do you earn money for if it isn't to spend it on something beautiful and enjoyable?

Exactly - I don't give a fuck what people think when it comes to myself, so I buy what I want as I know I will love it. My money, my fun. The attitude in general towards nice cars is just frustrating.

Just awaiting a sporty little new run-around to be delivered (got sick of getting 11-15mpg around town), and I'll be buying another sports car within the year. Wicked.
  • Options
    Exactly - I don't give a fuck what people think when it comes to myself, so I buy what I want as I know I will love it. My money, my fun. The attitude in general towards nice cars is just frustrating.

Just awaiting a sporty little new run-around to be delivered (got sick of getting 11-15mpg around town), and I'll be buying another sports car within the year. Wicked.

Show off :p

Don't hurt me :nervous:
  • Options
    I agree. I think there's something satisfying about driving a car that doesn't draw attention, but you know how good it is to drive (he says, in his Primera :p). Oh and g_angel, are you talking about a Nissan when you say Zed?

Yeah, I had a Nismo tuned 350Z. Absolutely stunning, incredible to drive, and I actually got so many positive comments about it from random people. Oh, and the noise.............................. :yum::love: :angel:

It has to be said, it is a nice feeling when people come up randomly in a petrol station, or somewhere else, (as many women as men, I might add) and compliment the car... Regardless of how much I don't usually give a fuck.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    No. Bad Stacy. Metro's, with the power of a retarded 3 legged anexoric donkey and a body that can't withstand rolling into the back of a cavilear are just fine cars. (Though I know the spedomoter on the crunchanator only reaches to 85, how he knew he was doing 110...

But you take that back :p

No:p It was shit. I preferred the car he got after it. Haha.

His best mate crashed into the back of his Metro though and it was completely wrecked! I'm surprised I wasn't actually hurt in the thing!

My ex loved it though. He almost cried when it died and had a little picture of it on his wall :lol:
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Show off :p

Don't hurt me :nervous:

Hahah - only if I see you :p

Oh, and you have to be good at something ;):lol:
  • Options
    To be fair though - that doesn't stop the M3 being a superb piece of kit. I'll trust you haven't driven one?

I've never been rich enough to even afford a quote to insure one :(

They are a superb piece of kit from what everyone says, and they aren't really that blingin. My point was more that those who tart up their cars to be blingin don't tend to be driving the top car from the company. You see loads of blingin scoobies, but you won't see many WRC-Xs that are as camp as Christmas. Same with the Lancer, I see loads of bog-standard ones tarted up, but not many tarted up Evo 8s.

The reason why Beemer drivers don't use indicators is because you get charged 20p for every indicate, and they don't want to waste those indicates on things like turning and overtaking :lol:
  • Options
    No:p It was shit. I preferred the car he got after it. Haha.

His best mate crashed into the back of his Metro though and it was completely wrecked! I'm surprised I wasn't actually hurt in the thing!

My ex loved it though. He almost cried when it died and had a little picture of it on his wall :lol:

Well now thats a bit weird :p

They do crunch like a bug :p I've totaled 2 by hitting things that would dent any other car.

Did he have the Geo or the Chevy?
  • Options
    Do you really lose 20p for every flash of the indicator? :eek:

I'll just stay quiet, because my 'realistic' dream car is a BMW 3 series. . .
  • Options
    Yeah, I had a Nismo tuned 350Z. Absolutely stunning, incredible to drive, and I actually got so many positive comments about it from random people. Oh, and the noise.............................. :yum::love: :angel:

It has to be said, it is a nice feeling when people come up randomly in a petrol station, or somewhere else, (as many women as men, I might add) and compliment the car... Regardless of how much I don't usually give a fuck.

I love that car, because it's awesome to look at, and because it's a Nissan, it's not that common either. And I suspect the prices on second hand ones are sinking like stones, so I might be able to afford one one day.
  • Options
    I've never been rich enough to even afford a quote to insure one :(

They are a superb piece of kit from what everyone says, and they aren't really that blingin. My point was more that those who tart up their cars to be blingin don't tend to be driving the top car from the company. You see loads of blingin scoobies, but you won't see many WRC-Xs that are as camp as Christmas. Same with the Lancer, I see loads of bog-standard ones tarted up, but not many tarted up Evo 8s.

The reason why Beemer drivers don't use indicators is because you get charged 20p for every indicate, and they don't want to waste those indicates on things like turning and overtaking :lol:

:lol:

I am trying to imagine a tarted up Evo model!! They're usually pretty decked out with all manner of wings and air-dams etc. Neons? :yuck: :lol:

Aye, the M3 is a masterpiece. Feels a little heavy compared to some of the most recent cars now, but then again, the new M3 should be out this year which will no doubt move the game on yet again.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the M3, as there's just too many of them. I like something a little different that many people don't know what it is, if possible. :yippe:
  • Options
    I love that car, because it's awesome to look at, and because it's a Nissan, it's not that common either. And I suspect the prices on second hand ones are sinking like stones, so I might be able to afford one one day.

I think that's one of the reasons that people were so positive when they found out what it was. Being a Nissan, and reletively good value for money, it's within many people's reach and so is (stealing this from a car magazine) a 'modern day hero car'.

There are still only about 5000 in the country, even though it's been out coming up on 4 years. Very limited numbers being brought in, and Nissan don't actively market it.

You should be able to pick up a 2003 UK model for around £16k now. An utter, utter bargain if ever there was one. The 2007 model has just been announced with yet more power (310bhp) and a lot more torque, with a few under the skin adjustments/modifications to it. Prices should fall yet again when it is released in May/June, although this is going to be priced a chunk higher than the 2006 model.

Oh - and just for the record... The 350Z costs the same to service as a Micra! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Going slightly OT, but why are some drivers so inconsiderate? It was raining last week and I had someone drive past me really fast and get my jeans wet and had to wait ages (and therefore got very wet) just to cross one road...

Well, I think it's safe to assume that in todays society of depression, inferior complexes, anxiety, aggression, frustration and stress a lot those emotions are brought onto the street. "My chef knocked the stuffing out of me today and now this impatient hoe in her VW beetle thinks she needs to be quicker at home than me. Eat dust, harlot, my Audi A6 will take you to justice."

I am a decent driver. Mostly being a bit too quick (but not too much), but I never cut someone off, race somebody (except it's a friend and in jist and an absolute manageable surrounding). And I think those wannabe modded bedpans that rustle like a baby toy, because the driver listens to techno with 320 bpm are quite pathetic eitherwise...

/eta: and I hate the big car - small dick stereotype. I mean if I really have the money, have my house, have the money for my children's education, paid my bills and and and, then I'll think about purchasing a bigger car. It's how you drive that car, not the inches from front to back.

The quickest I ever drove was about 180km/h testing out a souped-up Lancia Beta Montecarlo on an abandoned aeroplace, who belongs to a friend of my father who made a lot of cash in his youth years and modded the montecarlo to a race car. It has about 280hp, and goes like the fire brigade, scary... I would never drive like that on the street tho (it's even impossible, because we could not get a license in austria for it :lol:
  • Options
    Neons should be illegal- not because of any safety thing, but because they are so fucking hideous.

I'm not jealous of someone driving around in a tarty little pimp-mobile, even though my car now is a Fiesta that's done a piffling 103,000 miles :(
  • Options
    Neons should be illegal- not because of any safety thing, but because they are so fucking hideous.

TOTALLY IN AGREEMENT WITH THIS!! :yuck:
  • Options
    :D

If you put neons on a Saxo I can just about forgive you, as you can't make it look any worse, but if you put them on a decent car I am all in favour of the death penalty.
  • Options
    TOTALLY IN AGREEMENT WITH THIS!! :yuck:
    :yes: absolutely.