Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crushes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who hate's 'em?

I do!!!

:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    why would you hate them??
  • Options
    I've got a crush on someone right now and it's really disturbing. I think i need to go to church.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I used to love having crushes. Especially at school, as it used to give me a reason to get up and make an effort. I love the feeling of seeing your crush. How can you hate them?
  • Options
    i used to have sooo many crushes. my friends would laugh at me cos i have a new one every two weeks or something. i always go off them though really fast. hmm.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I've got a crush on someone right now and it's really disturbing. I think i need to go to church.

It'd probably burn down the second you set foot inside. :lol:
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    It'd probably burn down the second you set foot inside. :lol:

Lol i'll just pray then shall i?
  • Options
    I only hate them when they go bad...
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

Because I don't know if they even like women... Americans are harder to suss in my experience, they tend to be more tomboyish (she has short hair). She smiled at me when I came in to class today, I nearly swooned.

Namaste = LOSER :blush:

But no, don't like any situation where my feelings aren't under strict control.
  • Options
    Because I don't know if they even like women... Americans are harder to suss in my experience, they tend to be more tomboyish (she has short hair). She smiled at me when I came in to class today, I nearly swooned.

Namaste = LOSER :blush:

But no, don't like any situation where my feelings aren't under strict control.

Can't you just ask her? Or does it not work like that?

I agree though about the feelings bit. I don't like it when my feelings are influenced by another person.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Can't you just ask her? Or does it not work like that?

I agree though about the feelings bit. I don't like it when my feelings are influenced by another person.

No way! She could be really homophobic (she's from South Carolina, isn't that quite conservative?) or be repulsed at me... I mean like, I have to spend the rest of the academic year with her,in a small seminar room with not many people.
  • Options
    No way! She could be really homophobic (she's from South Carolina, isn't that quite conservative?) or be repulsed at me... I mean like, I have to spend the rest of the academic year with her,in a small seminar room with not many people.

Oh yeah i think thats quite conservative. Maybe not the best idea then! I suppose it's more difficult finding out if it's the same sex. If it was a bloke you'd be guaranteed if you had a pulse he'd be interested.
  • Options
    I love and hate crushes. I love the excitement and thrill you get from seeing them and the constant questioning of "I wonder if....?". However my problem is that I always get well into my crushes really easily and I end up thinking about them non-stop and it starts to really hurt....but it's wierd cos I can go off them really quickly aswell, but I need another crush to do that, unfortunately I don't feel like that about every girl so it takes a while for me to stop being obsessed with someone lol and then even then it's followed by someone else!
  • Options
    I love crushes because it makes you feel excited and happy to see someone you have a crush on. It sucks when you have a crush on someone who you can't have, like if they've got a partner or don't see you in that way...

Mainly, they're nice!
  • Options
    I seem to have a different crush every week and have doen for the last 2 years!
  • Options
    i used to have sooo many crushes. my friends would laugh at me cos i have a new one every two weeks or something. i always go off them though really fast. hmm.

hello me.
    :p
  • Options
    I only don't like them when you can't do anything about them. Otherwise, they're great. But I can't say I get them that often. I can't have a crush on someone just because of their looks or because they smiled at me a few times when we spoke.
  • Options
    I sometime like having a crush, sometimes I dont. I used to have loads when I was younger, didnt really have any for ages and I've just started having them again.
  • Options
    yeh I have to admit I do hate them but I do develop them really quickly.

It's an on going crush that made me join this forum in the first place
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

They make you go stupid, in my experience :)
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    They make you go stupid, in my experience :)

And stunt your ability to speak. :D
  • Options
    Btw...

Woohoo Wednesday tomorrow!

It's swoon time again. :hyper:
  • Options
    Hey, guess this is the right thread for me. Couple weeks back, went to a conference in London, met a really great girl, and managed to get her MSN (quite a feat for me, I can tell you). Well, anyway, I think i've probably got a serious crush, (I check all the criteria on the site), and was wondering what to do? I'd love to take it further (ie date), but don't really know how to proceed. She lives close, so seeing each other ain't a problem. Just need some tips on how to possibly find out if this could ever work (it's beginning to dawn on me that this probably is just something thats way out of my reach). Only reason i'm asking is that I have little experience. Any help would be great.
  • Options
    sabbon wrote: »
    Hey, guess this is the right thread for me. Couple weeks back, went to a conference in London, met a really great girl, and managed to get her MSN (quite a feat for me, I can tell you). Well, anyway, I think i've probably got a serious crush, (I check all the criteria on the site), and was wondering what to do? I'd love to take it further (ie date), but don't really know how to proceed. She lives close, so seeing each other ain't a problem. Just need some tips on how to possibly find out if this could ever work (it's beginning to dawn on me that this probably is just something thats way out of my reach). Only reason i'm asking is that I have little experience. Any help would be great.

Ask her out for a drink. Does she talk to you a lot?
  • Options
    yea, we have an amicable realtionship atm. That is my plan for the future right now I guess anyway.
  • Options

I used to do that alot. However, I seem to have fancied the same person for about 3 years now.:blush:

Anyone else find that when they first meet someone, they fancy them, then a few days later or so they've gone right off them? This happened to me last year and I still get butterflies whenever I see him.:chin: But the last time I saw him, I nearly asked who he was :lol::blush: - I've never seen him with glasses though...