Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I think I need help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know what to do. I seem to be on a self destructicve path, and everything seems a huge mess. I keep putting myself in awful situations, getting drunk/drugged, going off with strangers, upsetting my friends. I took a big overdose of my anti depressants last week, and I've been cutting myself more and more. My friends are beginning to hate me because I've just got out of control. I'm not attending any classes and just sleeping in bed and all I can think about is how unhappy I feel and how I just want to die. I'm scared of myself, and I hate who I've become. I miss the old person I was.
I hope someone can help or give me advice

Comments

• Options
    Force yourself to go out. Plan your day ahead and try and stick to it. Try doing new things that interest you/excite you. It is very easy to hide away when you are feeling crap, but if you really want to get out of it you will.
  • Options
    Have you spoke to anyone about this?
  • Options
    been there. done that myself. you have to pull yourself out of it. hardest lesson of all to learn is that nobody can help you, but you. that starts with taking little steps trying to look after yourself. might sound easy to say and damn hard to try but you can get out of how your feeling and how your behaving tho' it does take time and care.
  • Options
    Hi dreamy_me,

I'm sorry to hear your situation. I understand you are feeling upsetting, we all have moments when we feel unhappy, it's a normal response to unpleasant events. If you are feeling depressed, try not to isolate yourself. Speak to someone you trust, it could be a family member, or a friend. People often find that sharing their feelings can help. The best thing I would suggest to do is contact your family doctor, or ask for a home visit. Remember even if you are feeling hopeless at the moment, it is treatable, and bad feelings will not stay with you forever.

Here is a link you may find useful on stopping self-harming.

If you find it hard talking face-to-face about your feelings, you could call a confidential helpline like the Samaritans, Tel: 08457 909090, their service is available 24 hours a day. Alternatively, you can call Youth 2 Youthon 020 8896 3675, they provide caring support and advice.

Hope you find it helpful!=)
  • Options
    please talk to someone about this, gp preferably