Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

healthy foods that fill you up pls???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so im trying to eat healthily, but salads dont fill me up! i like jacket potatoes and pasta......but these aren't healthy are they? cos of the carbs?
im after some healthy meals and snacks, preferably easy to make, that will fill me up, but are low in all the bad stuff!!!
thanx!
L+C

Comments

• Options
    Carbs can be good, it just depends on the type of carb you eat. For instance, I tend to go with brown pasta, and complex starchy carbohydrates. I don't see anything wrong with jacket potatoes and pasta, it depends on what you have with it, I think if you're going to make a meal healthy, then you should balance it with some protein and the right sort of fat i.e. olive oil etc.

As for snacks, it depends on what you like? For my snacks I tend to have veg sticks with hommous, or nuts, fruit. A personal fave of mine is to roast some garlic in the oven until it does squishy and sweet, then smother it over some brown pita bread.

I highly recommend this place :thumb:
  • Options
    thank you! ive just eaten a jacket potato with tuna+low-fat mayo, which was yummy! its just i have this awful habit of grabbing quick snacks!
    like cucumber tho,so may try slices of that dipped in something for a snack!
  • Options
    brown bread, rice, brown rice, chick peas, spuds, various types of beans
  • Options
    Don't feel guilty about snacking, I snack at least 3 times a day, along with the small meals I have. I think we've had it drilled into us that we're only supposed to have '3 square meals' and if those meals have refined carbs etc, it will only cause the insulin to spike, making people want to snack. Think of us as grazers ;)
  • Options
    But don't have 3 big meals AND snack! And make sure the snacks are healthy
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    But don't have 3 big meals AND snack! And make sure the snacks are healthy

Darn :(

Soup is good too. It keeps me filled up for a while and generally, most soup is quite healthy.
  • Options
    300 gram of lettuce
    2 tomatoes sliced in it
    capsicum
    cucumbers.

then 250g butter. melt in pan, pour over salad. If you're not filled up after that consult your GP.
  • Options
    Surely the cup of butter would defeat its healthyness :p
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    ...then 250g butter...

:lol:
  • Options
    L+C, what is your ultimate goal? To lose weight? bulk up? get toned? train for a marathon?
    With this information we could better advise you on what to eat and give you tips to make your diet better refined
  • Options
    Stir frys are good as long as you use olive oil and are really quick to make so I make a big one up on a sunday and take it to work for lunches in the week. I also buy a pack of wholemeal wraps and make up wraps of chicken breast (skin less) and peppers. I've got a Gi diet book which has loads of healthy ideas which don't need thousands of ingredients or hours to make so may be worth investing in something like that

Hope this helps :)