Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's the worst injury you've ever had?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Broke my arm a few times. Ran straight headfirst into a tree once aswell which left a nasty cut. Other than that, been alright.
  • Options
    probably from falling on my bum too many times at ice skating - couldn't sit down for a while
  • Options
    Ghost18 wrote: »
    I have bad luck when it comes to injuries.

I broke my Collarbone playing rugby with my mates.
    I've dislocated both shoulders on quite a few occasions.
    More concussions than I care to count.
    Broken Nose twice
    Stabbed in the eye with a broken bottle- Blind in one eye.

:o :eek:
  • Options
    When I was little I fell over and hit my head near my eye socket and the bone is still a bit mashed :p but not really anything significant.

I remember when my tailbone hit something once, that hurt a lot and I was scared I was going to be paralysed :p (I could walk fine, it just hurt a lot lol).
  • Options
    Apparently I broke my arm when I was about 3.

I was having a paddy on the stairs and fell down them!
  • Options
    Either when I was kneeling over the back of the sofa, looking out the window, slipped and cut my chin open on the radiator behind it (mmmm...lotsofblood). Still have the scar from that one, although I tend to forget it's there.

OR when I was washing up and the handle fell off the mug I was holding and and ripped the inside of my hand open. Still have the scar from that one, too. Woop.

Or maybe when I burnt my hand on *something* (probably coffee from another broken mug), and couldn't write for 3 days :D.
  • Options
    Ohohoh, I've just remembered another funny injury of mine.

I rang into a telephone box in Sainsburys and cracked all the front of my head open. I had to have stitches :lol:
  • Options
    erm.. i guess it would have to be when i was about 9 when i was play fighting with my cousin in front of the fire (which had had the fire grate removed for some stupid reason) and i somehow fell INTO the fire.
    burnt my hand and forearm very badly! :no: dont have a scar though which is good!!
    i actually brought this up with my dad the other day and he doesnt even remember it happening! pretty certain i havent imagined it though :rolleyes:
  • Options
    At one time, broken bones in hand, torn muscle in shoulder, and broken toe.
  • Options
    I fell over onto the porch step of my grandparent's house when I was 4, and cut my head open, I had to have a head x-ray and stiches. There's a dent on my forehead now because of it.

Nothing else really...
  • Options
    Last year i was standing on a chair reaching for the ceiling. I went to step off, but toppled sideways and crushed my wrist. I suffered two fractures and had to have wires surgically placed inside my wrist. I had a cast on for 6 weeks, then had the wires removed. I'm now scarred for life, two awfull red scars just below my hand. I try to keep them covered up as much as possible.
  • Options
    Well I broke my nose once when a rounders ball smacked me in the face.

I slipped on a step last year and smacked my head into a door frame and then proceeded to fall down the rest of the stairs. This caused me to go into shock and then I developed concussion.

I sat down to write my disseration a couple of years ago and as I tucked myself in at the table I some how tore a disc in my back...the pain was immense and I had to have physio on it for ages, getting out of bed was near on impossible!

The year before that I developed an abcess and had to have an operation and weeks of after treatment.

I also dropped an iron poker on my foot once, although I didn't break anything, it was definately a painful injury!
  • Options
    I've broken my foot a couple of times, still recovering from the 2nd time. Don't know how I did it though. Think they are just tension fractures, that happen randomly (1st time was in my sleep, 2nd sat in a car).

Last year skiing I fell over and twisted my ankle badly but really killed my knee, tore a few ligaments in it and it took about 9 months to recover and is still slightly painful at times if I rest anything on it for long.

When I was little the telephone rang and I ran to my Dad who'd answered it, but forgot to stop and ran straight into the telephone table we have, which has resulted in me having a scar just by my eye.

Although I didn't suffer any injuries as such from this I was deeply shaken up. Had walked up a hill near Worcester somewhere and on the way down found a section that I wasn't big enough to get down. So I sat down and eased myself off the drop. However, my footing slipped and I started running down the hill and couldn't stop myself because of it. That being until I found a 10ft drop where I landed and hit my head on a rock. Was unconscious for a couple of mins, had a bit of concussion and a cut on my head where I'd hit the rock, but that was it and don't even have a scar now.
  • Options
    When i was 6 my sister accidently poured a kettle of boiling water down my chest and stomach. Still have a scar now, but it is not very noticeable...i see it cos i know it is there :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i fell over once
  • Options
    Iam so accident prone my mum wants to buy me a bubble wrap suit. So far i have:

*slipped down some stone stairs an cut the front of my head open,
    *a week later I then thought it would be funny to fold my materess in half and see how far it threw me, straight into the brick wall of my house, cuting my headpen again onlyinches from the fist 1
    *Ive had a hairline fracture in my wrist, nothing really major didnt even plaster it.
    *bruised my coxis so bad the pain made me pass out
    *fell down stairs and twisted my knee and foot at same time
    *fell on my hip ice skating, badly bruised it - ended up on crutches again
    *broke numerous toes and fingers
    *fainted because my blood sugars were so low in the middle of a field on summer camp, causing everyone to panic as i had only just left the water - this caused a lot of embarressment as there was 40 kids surrounding me saying why is she on the floor!
    *had a tipi land on my head leaving me with a chipped shoulder and a 3 inch cut in the back of my head
    *went over on my ankle and sprained my foot, last week so im still suffereing now!

Thats only the major ones thathave involed hospitals, there have been so many little things like burning myself and cuts etc as well.
  • Options
    broken my collarbone
    broken two of my toes
    broken three of my ribs and my lung collapsed
    all the result of riding
  • Options
    Iam so accident prone my mum wants to buy me a bubble wrap suit. So far i have:

*slipped down some stone stairs an cut the front of my head open,
    *a week later I then thought it would be funny to fold my materess in half and see how far it threw me, straight into the brick wall of my house, cuting my headpen again onlyinches from the fist 1
    *Ive had a hairline fracture in my wrist, nothing really major didnt even plaster it.
    *bruised my coxis so bad the pain made me pass out
    *fell down stairs and twisted my knee and foot at same time
    *fell on my hip ice skating, badly bruised it - ended up on crutches again
    *broke numerous toes and fingers
    *fainted because my blood sugars were so low in the middle of a field on summer camp, causing everyone to panic as i had only just left the water - this caused a lot of embarressment as there was 40 kids surrounding me saying why is she on the floor!
    *had a tipi land on my head leaving me with a chipped shoulder and a 3 inch cut in the back of my head
    *went over on my ankle and sprained my foot, last week so im still suffereing now!

Thats only the major ones thathave involed hospitals, there have been so many little things like burning myself and cuts etc as well.

YOu will have to excuse me for this but :lol::lol::lol:

I have a couple of friends that sound very similar to yourself - I just don't understand how so many things happen to them!!