Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is this normal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK so in the past couple of weeks (ok one week) i had one night stands with three different guys. Fair enough, I knew what I was doing, and wasn't expecting anything more. But over the past couple of days, all three have made it clear they would like to keep in contact. I am rather puzzled as I thought it was normally the girl who got hung up?

Im not complaining, but I thought at the time I made it pretty clear that I wasnt really looking for a relationship. It was an experiment really; girls are more my thing, but still all three are looking for dating or something. Is this normal? And why for the past two years, when I refused to sleep around, and only wanted a relationship did this not happen?

Gah the mind boggles.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Some of them might be after a relationship or just another shag or 'fuck buddy'.

Hard to say really.
  • Options
    Just be flattered I guess. It's nice when someone shows an interest but don't feel you have to get married or anything. Some people get attached emotionally when they have sex. Just cuz they are blokes doesn't make it any more weird.
  • Options
    Its sort of like when you want a bf/gf and you can't find one, yet when you do manage to get one 3/4 come along at same time just to fuck you up. It's sods law working it's magic. Ignore it and stick to your guns!

Or maybe your giving off the vibe you don't don't give a shit/need a bloke so these guys are trying it on to seek your approval. Guys are stupid like that! ....So are birds for that matter!
  • Options
    I can't understand why after a one night stand people then look for something further in a relationship. At the end of the day you've just met in a club or somewhere, probably know f all about one another and your first interaction (or whatever u wanna call it) is sex. From there where exactly do you go, o that was great lets go and chat or on a date doesn't really cut it does it. Maybe its me with my eyes closed but how two people can expect to get something out of it when not knowing one another is beyond me. Everything is based on looks and you may be two opposites who just have nothing in common. So once you've had sex go your seperate ways and if you dont like the thought of that dont do it.

Sorry that was more of a moan than an answer.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Sounds like the blokes don't want it to be a one night stand, its only that if you make it that.
    mrbox99 wrote: »
    I can't understand why after a one night stand people then look for something further in a relationship. At the end of the day you've just met in a club or somewhere, probably know f all about one another and your first interaction (or whatever u wanna call it) is sex. From there where exactly do you go, o that was great lets go and chat or on a date doesn't really cut it does it. Maybe its me with my eyes closed but how two people can expect to get something out of it when not knowing one another is beyond me. Everything is based on looks and you may be two opposites who just have nothing in common. So once you've had sex go your seperate ways and if you dont like the thought of that dont do it.

Sorry that was more of a moan than an answer.

The whole point of taking it further and dating is to see if you do or don't have anything in common. You don't know until your in their company. Just because you met them in a club doesn't mean you can't take anything further on the basis of not knowing fuck all about them..
  • Options
    I know. I mean at the moment I am of the attitude I dont want a relationship/ you are hot but I dont give a flying fig if I see you again.

The next morning I was just like, nice to meet you, I had fun, see you around. Maybe its just reverse psychology, and they are all just mad that I didnt want them more or something.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    talia wrote: »
    I know. I mean at the moment I am of the attitude I dont want a relationship/ you are hot but I dont give a flying fig if I see you again.

The next morning I was just like, nice to meet you, I had fun, see you around. Maybe its just reverse psychology, and they are all just mad that I didnt want them more or something.

If you don't want to take it any further then don't simple as that. No point going in to something you don't want to do.