Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

coughs and colds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I seem to be really susceptible to them. I never go more than a couple of months without some form of the sniffles. I know this time of year is really bad for being ill, but I've had this problem for several years now, so just wondered does anyone have any ideas how to keep the colds at bay?

Perhaps some kind of vitamin or supplement that can boost the immune system? Particulary against coughs and colds.

Comments

• Options
    All the usual stuff really, good diet, exercise, and suppliment with vitamin C if you feel the need.

Having LOADS of garlic is a good idea too.
  • Options
    Echinacea is also good to stave off the colds, I thought i was coming down with the flu on monday but took some echinacea and back on top form now!
  • Options
    Echinacea is also good to stave off the colds, I thought i was coming down with the flu on monday but took some echinacea and back on top form now!

Does that actually work? A crazy woman I know keeps banging on about it- but she's crazy so I take no notice.
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Does that actually work? A crazy woman I know keeps banging on about it- but she's crazy so I take no notice.

It can, but you need to get good quality stuff, and most fruit tea with it in only has about .0001% of it in, so check before you buy.
  • Options
    well yeah i like the fruit teas, they tend to keep me healthy but yeh probably dont have enough in them to actually stop an onset of the flu.

I had been round a mates sat night who had the flu, by monday afternoon was feeling TERRIBLE so i bought some echinacea and after a good nights sleep yesterday I was right as rain again!